If QB are worth 40 mil

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
1.Technically, they are contractors NOT employees, thus the contracts.
2. Most Owners across the world would be NOTHING without workers or customers.
3. If all players decided NOT to play, the owners would have to sell. Merchandise=gone/ Ad revenue= gone/ all forms of team revenue=gone
4. The reason the players and all contractors/employees cave in is money. But if they weren't strapped for money, the Contractors would almost always win.
5. Prescott can ask for 36 to be top paid QB because he can. If you don't like that, then don't pay him. Pretty simple

I've explained it like a 4 year old so you can understand, but I'm sure even that won't get through.

But what is the likelihood of all players deciding not to play? That would never happen.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember how great it was before the cap?

Thanks for that one, Jerry..

Now he's a money-grubber; not as bad as Dak, but still pretty damn bad!
So anybody who wants a contract it’s a money grabber.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Keep drinking beer. TV revenue commercials the more you drink the more they advertise the more they get paid

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
1.Technically, they are contractors NOT employees, thus the contracts.
2. Most Owners across the world would be NOTHING without workers or customers.
3. If all players decided NOT to play, the owners would have to sell. Merchandise=gone/ Ad revenue= gone/ all forms of team revenue=gone
4. The reason the players and all contractors/employees cave in is money. But if they weren't strapped for money, the Contractors would almost always win.
5. Prescott can ask for 36 to be top paid QB because he can. If you don't like that, then don't pay him. Pretty simple

I've explained it like a 4 year old so you can understand, but I'm sure even that won't get through.

Have you even gotten out of grade school yet? Many, I know to you many is like 3 or 4, but many as in 10's of thousands of people in the real world have employment contracts. About 20 years ago for one of my jobs I had an employment contract. Guess what, I had a boss who in football terms would be like a coach who took his orders from the corporation that owned the company or owner. There was an owner who was the employer and me with an employment contract was the employee. Nobody ESPECIALLY me has said that companies don't need employees. You came up with that from your inability to comprehend extremely simple things. Again nobody ESPECIALLY me said that the league could exist without players. Again that came out of your totally confused head. Then you kept babbling on about contractors and trying but FAILING to equate NFL players who sign a contract with a team to a company who sign people as independent contractors. An independent contractor is a person that does work for a company but is not actually hired by the company with benefits like regular company employees. Some people that sign with one company as an independent contractor also sign with other companies too. This often happens with truck drivers. People that sign on as independent contractors are not referred to as employees of that company, they are referred as independent contractors. Players after signing a contract become employees of that team and are referred to as members of that team.

Prescott can ask for whatever amount he wants to but that does not mean in the end he will get it. Again Prescott has already publicly said that without a Super Bowl win he shouldn't make more than Wilson. Maybe if you open up your tunnel vision and actually keep up with things you would have known that.

Do yourself a favor and when you finally get to high school pay a lot of attention in your social studies and civic classes. It will help you greatly in understanding how the NFL and businesses work.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Remember how great it was before the cap?

Thanks for that one, Jerry..

Now he's a money-grubber; not as bad as Dak, but still pretty damn bad!

You really have no idea of who to blame for and why the cap was started. The cap was started because of 2 teams, the browns and owner Art Model who made bad business decisions inside and outside of the NFL and was going bankrupt and the packers who doesn't have a deep pocket owner, just the people that own stock in the packers who are just every day Joe's. Those 2 teams kept complaining to the league that they can't keep up with the rest of the teams in paying for free agent talent and then finally threatened to go to congress and have them review their tax exempt status and have it revoked as a unfair monopoly so enough of the other owners agreed to start the cap. Jones was on record as voting against the cap. Jones later said he voted for it but the secretary that tallied the votes said that Jones voted against the cap.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Then there should probably be a NFLQB salary Cap for same reason they established the original Caps.

If you must have an elite QB to compete at 40 mil per year how does that make the NFL more competitive?

I would be down with this. Not all fans will want it though. I'm in favor of actions that might make players stick with one team for a whole career. IMO we've lost that important aspect of the game. Back when the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl, SB 6, many of the same players were on the team who suffered through the two NFL Championship losses to Green Bay and the SB loss to the Colts. It made it meaningful for those guys to win it with the team they'd been with in hard times. I would also be cool with having a player you've drafted and re-signed only counting 90% toward the cap. With that also, not everyone will be for it, but it's a good idea IMO.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The only thing NFL owners don’t want to cap is their ever increasing profits.

With the virus pandemic, this might be the first year in decades when the NFL owners don't see a profit increase, but your point is well taken. I wonder if the owners would ever consider any profit sharing with the players ...... ahahahahahahah, I know, that's a knee-slapper.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you even gotten out of grade school yet? Many, I know to you many is like 3 or 4, but many as in 10's of thousands of people in the real world have employment contracts. About 20 years ago for one of my jobs I had an employment contract. Guess what, I had a boss who in football terms would be like a coach who took his orders from the corporation that owned the company or owner. There was an owner who was the employer and me with an employment contract was the employee. Nobody ESPECIALLY me has said that companies don't need employees. You came up with that from your inability to comprehend extremely simple things. Again nobody ESPECIALLY me said that the league could exist without players. Again that came out of your totally confused head. Then you kept babbling on about contractors and trying but FAILING to equate NFL players who sign a contract with a team to a company who sign people as independent contractors. An independent contractor is a person that does work for a company but is not actually hired by the company with benefits like regular company employees. Some people that sign with one company as an independent contractor also sign with other companies too. This often happens with truck drivers. People that sign on as independent contractors are not referred to as employees of that company, they are referred as independent contractors. Players after signing a contract become employees of that team and are referred to as members of that team.

Prescott can ask for whatever amount he wants to but that does not mean in the end he will get it. Again Prescott has already publicly said that without a Super Bowl win he shouldn't make more than Wilson. Maybe if you open up your tunnel vision and actually keep up with things you would have known that.

Do yourself a favor and when you finally get to high school pay a lot of attention in your social studies and civic classes. It will help you greatly in understanding how the NFL and businesses work.
I don’t think football players are incorporated. Maybe they have a small business and it’s Inc. But people don’t understand the difference between a contractor and a contract I guess . Many employers today and making their employees sign contracts usually In frequencies

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You really have no idea of who to blame for and why the cap was started. The cap was started because of 2 teams, the browns and owner Art Model who made bad business decisions inside and outside of the NFL and was going bankrupt and the packers who doesn't have a deep pocket owner, just the people that own stock in the packers who are just every day Joe's. Those 2 teams kept complaining to the league that they can't keep up with the rest of the teams in paying for free agent talent and then finally threatened to go to congress and have them review their tax exempt status and have it revoked as a unfair monopoly so enough of the other owners agreed to start the cap. Jones was on record as voting against the cap. Jones later said he voted for it but the secretary that tallied the votes said that Jones voted against the cap.
It wasn’t great before the Salary cap. The same teams kept winning the Super Bowl . The league wanted parity. Do you know what’s not worth it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I normally don't keep a debate going with a dumb&*( but it's just so amusing.
1. Football players are contractors, thus the contract = There are rules in every contract that prohibits doing whatever you'd like.
2. Owners need customers, owners need workers/contractors/employees. Without them, they wouldn't be buying boats, etc.
3. Prescott can ask whatever amount he wants, and has, and that's why these negotiations are on-going because the greedy owner won't cave.

Let me know when you get out of kindergarten, okay?
1. Football players are contractors, thus the contract = There are rules in every contract that prohibits doing whatever you'd like.
2. Owners need customers, owners need workers/contractors/employees. Without them, they wouldn't be buying boats, etc.
3. Prescott can ask whatever amount he wants, and has, and that's why these negotiations are on-going because the greedy owner won't cave.

This guy is an encyclopedia about knowledge. You’re not going to win this debate. He’s just too smart. And he uses facts not opinions

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We have until July 25. For an older who is not greedy to comply. Or Prescott. Everything is posturing. It will get done. I don’t know why the derogatory in between but. It doesn’t help with your argument

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Football players are not subcontractors, or contractors. Unless they have a private business and their Inc. You’re confusing the two words contract and contractors they don’t mean the same thing

fivetwos

Reaction score
Then there should probably be a NFLQB salary Cap for same reason they established the original Caps.

If you must have an elite QB to compete at 40 mil per year how does that make the NFL more competitive?
It gives teams with a QB on a rookie deal an advantage.

It hasn't been discussed much yet, but at some point itll get recognized how valuable that is.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
In my book no entertainer should be paid even half f that money

Sacrilege!!! I believe several entertainers deserved the $$$:

Sade
Prince
Bruce Springsteen
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Weather Report
Thelonious Monk
Micheal Jackson
Kronos Quartet
NIN
Gil-Scott Heron
Public Enemy

. . . that was a longer list than I expected. As many have stated, it isn't/ wouldn't be my $$$.

****, I don't know how much it would cost for my way-back machine to watch Miles and Coltrane in concert. But I'd do it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Football players are not subcontractors, or contractors. Unless they have a private business and their Inc. You’re confusing the two words contract and contractors they don’t mean the same thing
THEY DON'T WORK HOURLY!!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We have until July 25. For an older who is not greedy to comply. Or Prescott. Everything is posturing. It will get done. I don’t know why the derogatory in between but. It doesn’t help with your argument
You come at me, this is what you receive. Prescott will be paid what he wants, or they franchise, or he plays on the franchise, or he holds out, or he's cut. Is that simple enough for you?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

You know 100 times less than a little about business and the NFL. Beside not being able to read and then comprehend anything larger than two or three letter words is proven by you keep saying things like "Owners need customers, owners need workers/contractors/employees. Without them, they wouldn't be buying boats, etc" when I repeatedly tell you that YES the owners, the league can not exist without their employees known as players. Then you keep saying things like "Prescott can ask whatever amount he wants, and has, and that's why these negotiations are on-going because the greedy owner won't cave" and I REPEATEDLY say a player can ask for as much as he wants but that does not mean he'll get it.That's why it's call negotiations.

Now don't bother to reply until you've learned how to read words with more than 3 letters and then being able to comprehend what you've read. You have repeatedly proven that you're a simpleton and trying to discuss anything with you is like trying to discuss something with a small pebble.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It wasn’t great before the Salary cap. The same teams kept winning the Super Bowl . The league wanted parity. Do you know what’s not worth it

The browns and packers said by having a cap things would be equal so then the teams would eventually be more equal and out of this the term parity was started. Before the threat of getting congress involved most of the other owners were happy with taking their chances at spending their money anyway and as much as they felt they needed to put their teams together. Once the threat of losing their anti trust exemption was on the table the majority of them agree to the cap. At least this is what was said in a documentary I saw on this about 10 or 12 years ago.

Remember the last Super Bowl team assembled before the cap was the Cowboys. If there was no cap just how many more Super Bowls do you think the Cowboys would have won before they had to gut out the team because of the cap?