If the Cowboys let Murray leave, I'd think AD has to be on the way

Wrangler87

Reaction score
The Cowboys are close to a title and Murray is a big reason why. JG said so himself. Why would they let him walk over a million or 2 per year. I personally don't think they would unless they had a plan to improve the position. The only player that can bring improvement would be AD. He's all world.

If Murray leaves I'd think the Cowboys have solid info that AD won't be a Viking next year and both parties have a handshake agreement. It's a gamble for sure, but that's what Jerry is all about.

Wouldn't it be "AP"?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
People who want a rookie RB forget how important a RB's pass protection is to the offense. Murray was very good at that. It usually takes a rookie RB at least two seasons to excel at blitz pickup. Are we going to risk Romo's back on a rookie RB picking up the blitz?

The Cowboys window is right now. If Murray is gone, expect some veteran RB who can still run and pick up the blitz to be signed. I'm not saying the Cowboys won't draft a RB, but it will go along with a veteran who is ready to contribute now, like a Spiller or Forsett.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think Peterson is the magical exception to the rule about RBs breaking down at 28? And why was a year off bad for McClain but good for Peterson?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He's not coming. The Vikes owe him what...12.5 in 2015 and 16 mil in 2016. Why would we sit on DM and then pay up for AP? I know he is generational but it at 30 we won't do it.
t

sideon

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think Peterson is the magical exception to the rule about RBs breaking down at 28? And why was a year off bad for McClain but good for Peterson?

Because AD is a freak of nature who damn near broke the single season record after coming back from a serious leg injury, elite players are usually the exception to the rule.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Because AD is a freak of nature who damn near broke the single season record after coming back from a serious leg injury, elite players are usually the exception to the rule.

So when does AD start to break down in this scenario? 40?

remdak

Reaction score
I think it will be drafting a running back, unless Peterson is willing to take $6-7MM, which he won't be.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
He's not coming. The Vikes owe him what...12.5 in 2015 and 16 mil in 2016. Why would we sit on DM and then pay up for AP? I know he is generational but it at 30 we won't do it.
t

If the Vikes did trade him to Dallas he would most likely restructure...