If the Jints get Plax, we've lost the war....

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
With the bundles of green cash to spend that we had/have we have not hit a homerun...we've plugged some holes, temporarily. However we're still not much better than last season and we certainly are NOT anymore dynamic either.
The G-Men on the other hand have added a Dynamite MLB, a very solid Tackle , albeit severely overpaid, but who are we to throw stones $28 mil cough cough, and now IMO the most dynamic weapon available ...Plax Burress a monster sized wideout who wins balls in the air and who can downfield block better than most pulling guards.
Sorry to say but Jurrah is losing this one, it's not for lack effort...it's for pure LACK of Football knowledge. The fact remains WE STILL NEED A FOOTBALL MAN here, Maybe $28 Mill in hole and 3 , 30 plus year olds to show for it will kick him in the teeth.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Nah, if they get Plax, it wouldn't hurt much. Hines Ward was the best receiver on the Steelers last year, anyway.

crakinskulls

Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me...lost the battle. We have far greater needs than burress. Sure he'd be a great addition, but hes not the missing link to this org that will get us to the SB. He's just another receiver on a squad that needs much more. He will be overpaid, and the mix to me wouldnt be that great either. We def need a FS and a couple LB's before signing an overated WR.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Lost the battle?

Please.

It's just begun my little grasshopper.

There are more FA signings coming.

We have more cap space.

And most importantly, we have TWO first rounders.

The Giants have NONE.

Sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Sabu1

Reaction score
Burress is a potential locker room cancer also. I'm glad we didn't sniff him. He has the potential for turd city if things go awry for the Giants early.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
With the bundles of green cash to spen that had/have we have no hit a homerun...we've plugged some holes, temporarily. However we're still not much better than last season and we certainly are NOT anymore dynamic either.
The G-Men on the other hand have added a Dynamite MLB, a very solid Tackle , albeit severely overpaid, but who are we to throw stones $28 mil cough cough, and now IMO the most dynamic weapon available ...Plax Burress a monster sized wideout who wins balls in the air and who can downfield block better than most pulling guards.
Sorry to say but Jurrah is losing this one, it's not for lack effort...it's for pure LACK of Football knowledge. The fact remains WE STILL NEED A FOOTBALL MAN here, Maybe $28 Mill in hole and 3 , 30 plus year olds to show for it will kick him in the teeth.

well you know i remeber that SB when it was the best offense going agianst the best defense and i do remember the best offense getting DESTRYOED. Now by all means we are not the best defense but by all means the giants arent the best offense. SO befor you start going crying about how we lost the war how about you actaully get a brain.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
31589.jpg

:rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Badattitude said:
;) To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some sort of weird sandwich

LOL.....whats with all the negative waves. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Badattitude said:
I'm just drinkin a little wine, eatin a little cheese, and soakin up the rays ;)

The smell kind of reminds you of home doesn't it.

Did you know that Moriarity (sp?), Oddballs sidekick....was the guy that played Captain Stueben on the love boat..none other then Gavin Mcleod.

What a difference a few years and a different uniform makes lol.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The smell kind of reminds you of home doesn't it.

Did you know that Moriarity (sp?), Oddballs sidekick....was the guy that played Captain Stueben on the love boat..none other then Gavin Mcleod.

What a difference a few years and a different uniform makes lol.
Of course...ranks in my top 10 War Movies...I can watch it over and over...

Novacek84

Reaction score
crakinskulls said:
You gotta be kidding me...lost the battle. We have far greater needs than burress. Sure he'd be a great addition, but hes not the missing link to this org that will get us to the SB. He's just another receiver on a squad that needs much more. He will be overpaid, and the mix to me wouldnt be that great either. We def need a FS and a couple LB's before signing an overated WR.
Let me add to the above comments that when you start signing players to keep them away from other teams it usually is a recipe for disaster. The person who started this thread must not follow the Steelers or else he would know that Burress has always been considered of suspect character during his stay in PIT. This is not Randy Moss, who you would consider taking despite the headaches because of the unparalleled talent. Burress is far from that. These past 2 seasons were really his only years as a breakout player and he was hurt a lot of this year. Getting him or not really is no big deal. Let the Giants get him. I'm sure his attitude will mesh well with Coughlin. :rolleyes:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
Let me add to the above comments that when you start signing players to keep them away from other teams it usually is a recipe for disaster. The person who started this thread must not follow the Steelers or else he would know that Burress has always been considered of suspect character during his stay in PIT. This is not Randy Moss, who you would consider taking despite the headaches because of the unparalleled talent. Burress is far from that. These past 2 seasons were really his only years as a breakout player and he was hurt a lot of this year. Getting him or not really is no big deal. Let the Giants get him. I'm sure his attitude will mesh well with Coughlin. :rolleyes:
Just like TO's wasn't going to mesh with Reid's? Sometimes a change of scenery can make all the difference in the world.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Just like TO's wasn't going to mesh with Reid's? Sometimes a change of scenery can make all the difference in the world.

so are you saying that every headcase thats gets traded plays well again. TO was domant everybody knew it. TO was good player that didnt change when he went to Phili. Burress is being Questioned, PIT was unsure of his abilty, so that head case coupled with his lack of WR abilty i say doesnt do the giants any favor.

jman

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
I'm just drinkin a little wine, eatin a little cheese, and soakin up the rays ;)

The bartender needs to permently cut you off...You have had too much WHINE!!!

And take that stinky cheese to the Packer fan club.

And...What exactly is the "NWO"?