If They Were Smart They'd Wait Until After The Philly Game To Bring Dak Back

GINeric

Reaction score
The play of Cooper Rush seems to have the Cowboys in a hurry to get Dak back as soon as possible to avoid any kind of media QB controversy, but this could back fire big time for them.

If they were smart they'd not bring Dak back for the Rams game as it seems to be reported that he's targeted for his comeback for that one.

The Cowboys could potentially be 3-0 with Rush as the QB going into that game and Dak coming back for that one seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dak probably won't be fully healed, going up against a pretty good defense, and the defending Super Bowl champs. Then you have the Eagles the next game when they look like world beaters right now.

Dak got trash threw at him after 3 quarters and an injury this year. Imagine what will happen if we lose to the Rams and Eagles and Dak plays bad.....

You'd think the Cowboys would perfer Rush play those games instead of Dak, but then again, what if Rush plays great and we win? Then the flames are fueled even more.

You think the fanbase is toxic now when it comes to Dak, just wait until he's rushed back and plays bad.

I posted this same thing in another post earlier.....

I want Cooper Rush to play in the Rams and Eagles game to see if he could look as good against THESE type of defenses. I say if he plays as good against these two teams as he's played against the lesser defenses he's look great against.....

He would officially win the starting job, and im officially listening to trade offers for Dak before the trade deadline to see who'd be willing to give up some high picks and willing to pick up most of his contact.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The play of Cooper Rush seems to have the Cowboys in a hurry to get Dak back as soon as possible to avoid any kind of media QB controversy, but this could back fire big time for them.

If they were smart they'd not bring Dak back for the Rams game as it seems to be reported that he's targeted for his comeback for that one.

The Cowboys could potentially be 3-0 with Rush as the QB going into that game and Dak coming back for that one seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dak probably won't be fully healed, going up against a pretty good defense, and the defending Super Bowl champs. Then you have the Eagles the next game when they look like world beaters right now.

Dak got trash threw at him after 3 quarters and an injury this year. Imagine what will happen if we lose to the Rams and Eagles and Dak plays bad.....

You'd think the Cowboys would perfer Rush play those games instead of Dak, but then again, what if Rush plays great and we win? Then the flames are fueled even more.

You think the fanbase is toxic now when it comes to Dak, just wait until he's rushed back and plays bad.
Famous last words..."If they were smart"

Acceptablename

Reaction score
When ever Dak returns he will be on fire. What he does with the fire will be crazy times

Flamma

Reaction score

You're pretty spot on with everything. In a different thread I joked about the Rams game being his first game back.

That said, they're not going to wait. You don't hurt your chances to win so that a player doesn't look bad. I don't think we're beating the Rams and Eagles with Dak, I think we have no chance with rush.

But if they did do as you suggest, and the Cowboys keep winning, yeah, Dak would ride the pine.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I posted this same thing in another post earlier.....

I want Cooper Rush to play in the Rams and Eagles game to see if he could look as good against THESE type of defenses. I say if he plays as good against these two teams as he's played against the lesser defenses he's look great against.....

He would officially win the starting job, and im officially listening to trade offers for Dak before the trade deadline to see who'd be willing to give up some high picks and willing to pick up most of his contact.
Great plan!
My understanding is that Dak is untradeable until after the end of the next season due to the cap hit.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m not thrilled with Daks level of play but like I’ve said in other threads I think Dak may benefit greatly from watching another guy step in and have success

Qb competition has always been taboo in Dallas and if we get a renewed, refocused Dak, it could lead to some good things. I’m hoping that this situation will get Dak to the next level and have success against top defenses and into the playoffs

That, and having a newly proven backup makes this team potential dynamite. I want to see this team in the NFC Championship game badly
Been 27 years.
I can hardly remember what that feels like.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Great plan!
My understanding is that Dak is untradeable until after the end of the next season due to the cap hit.

Can you confirm please? I asked about cap hits to traded players in another thread the other day and didnt get a clear answer. I have briefly looked at what the internet told me was NFL rules on traded players and cap hits...what it told me was that a traded player does not count against the team trading him cap...all salary is absorbed by new team. Is this false? Or are people thinking waiving a player and trading him is the same cap hit? I always hear people saying that because of cap we cant get out of Prescotts deal? Is trading him not an option? I think everyone knows we cant waive him because of cap...but what about trading him? Either there are cap ramifications for trading or there isnt. And im not talking about a trade kicker and stuff like that. And I dont want to derail this by arguing about if another team would even take Dak(personally I think a team would take him right now at his contract).

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Just put your best man on the field. No politics. If they think Dak has the advantage over Coop they will play him. He looks a bit rusty still they will play Cooper. It's about who can lead the team to a win most likely, not who has to look good in front of the fans. Just imo.

Flamma

Reaction score
Can you confirm please? I asked about cap hits to traded players in another thread the other day and didnt get a clear answer. I have briefly looked at what the internet told me was NFL rules on traded players and cap hits...what it told me was that a traded player does not count against the team trading him cap...all salary is absorbed by new team. Is this false? Or are people thinking waiving a player and trading him is the same cap hit? I always hear people saying that because of cap we cant get out of Prescotts deal? Is trading him not an option? I think everyone knows we cant waive him because of cap...but what about trading him? Either there are cap ramifications for trading or there isnt. And im not talking about a trade kicker and stuff like that. And I dont want to derail this by arguing about if another team would even take Dak(personally I think a team would take him right now at his contract).

A good way to tell, look at base salary VS cap hit. The trading team will usually be paying the difference. The trading team is responsible for bonus money and void years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well they aint smart lol, so chances are they bring dak back 1st chance he can get approved by docs, and you know jerry is
a Dr too, so he might say he is ok lol.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't worry Jerry has figured this out by now we won't see Dak until the Detroit Chicago games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Just put your best man on the field. No politics. If they think Dak has the advantage over Coop they will play him. He looks a bit rusty still they will play Cooper. It's about who can lead the team to a win most likely, not who has to look good in front of the fans. Just imo.
If only that was how the Cowboys operate.

They don't always play the best man. They play the most expensive man.

sbark

Reaction score

So....coddle and protect him some more?
Maybe save him for the playoffs....lol

Surfguy

Reaction score
When Dak comes back and we lose both the Rams game and Eagles game, you know what has to happen next with Dak:

th