If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Good QB but a wasted career here in Dallas. When I look at Tony I'm just going to think of what should have been. When you have a franchise QB as good as Tony you should have more than 2 playoff wins. Always a classy guy and I'll wish him well. If he goes to another team I'll root for him if he isn't playing the Cowboys.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I worry about him with Tyrone out but he is likely to be with a team with a less than stellar o-line next season so this will serve to show perspective suitors that he can take a hit and get back up.

He will always be a Cowboy and deserves the respect of a champion.

tm1119

Reaction score
Wish him the best but I'm over it. Excited to see my TEAM in the playoffs, the names on the back of the jersey don't matter to me as long as someone capable is getting the job done. Dak could be replaced by another 4th round pick next year for all I care, as long as that player keeps the team winning.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This is not a Dak vs Romo thread, so please don't make it one.

If the reports are true that Romo is going to get some playing time against the Eagles, it is going to be kinda sad watching what will almost surely be Romo's last game as a Cowboy. He is either going to retire, be traded, or be released, the team cannot carry Romo's $24 million dollar salary if he is not the starter, no team could.

Thus, Sunday will be the final time Romo puts on the silver and blue and takes the field. I have to admit that as a fan with a closet full of Romo jerseys it will be a hard game to watch. I know a lot of fans on here think Romo is just the biggest loser of all time since he didn't win us any championships, but the dude laid it all on the line every time he took the field. He played with some of the worst injuries a QB can suffer, from broken bones to a punctured lung and never one time complained, when asked he would always just say "its football". And while Romo never had deep playoff runs, he regularly turned what would have been 3-13 seasons into 8-8 seasons, and that will be his legacy for his time here with the Cowboys.

Some say that makes him a loser, I say that makes him one hell of a QB and I for one am going to miss him!!!

We will have to the trade deadline I'm guessing. No reason to rush a trade before then. (no way he is cut in the offseason)

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
What's really going to be sad is if we lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl and it turns out our best quarterback was sitting on the bench while it happened.
Boooooooo.......

silver

Reaction score
We don't know what will happen next season. I doubt Jerry cuts him if he can't trade him.

John813

Reaction score
I guess in the football realm it's sad, but players get replaced every year, even the great ones. Age, injury, decline in performance, cap hits etc.

I enjoyed rooting for him and all the crazy things he did to will this team to victory. However, I'm not sad that it may be his last game here. Maybe I would feel sad if his replacement was going to be the QC/Hutch/Henson quality level QBs.

willia451

Reaction score
What's really going to be sad is if we lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl and it turns out our best quarterback was sitting on the bench while it happened.

dEQVRPV.gif

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score

I won't go this far however, unless we win the SB there will be either real or media manufactured second guessing about this.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dude is a warrior

Love me some 9

For me I just hate how this story for Romo and his career with the Cowboys is going to end. Nothing like having your body betray you like his has. Dude was so much fun to watch play QB. People just don't realize how good this guy really was. He covered up so many warts with personnel and coaching. When you hear him talk to Dak on the sidelines about what's going on and what to look for and how to beat this coverage etc... is just pure gold and tip to how much he studies.

He is one of the good ones fellas

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter what Tony needs to put together some solid drives to help his future where ever it is. (Jerry would love that also for obvious reasons)

Stryker44

Reaction score
If he lights it up against Philadelphia, he will put that kid Dak on the bench where he belongs and lead the Cowboys in the playoffs. Honor. Loyalty. Sacrifice. Book it.