If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's certainly the end of an era, but the next era doesn't look too shabby, so that helps.

I'd rather he retire, as he's taken a beating over the years, but I also don't think I could stand to see him in another team's colors.

If he lights it up against Philadelphia, he will put that kid Dak on the bench where he belongs and lead the Cowboys in the playoffs. Honor. Loyalty. Sacrifice. Book it.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I really appreciate the sentiment of this thread but I have a couple of issues. First, if you bleed silver and blue there's no way you don't have a place in your heart for Romo. He's an exceptional qb and person. With that being said, I really don't appreciate when we coddle and make excuses for grown men and highly paid professionals. To suggest that Romo consistently took would be 3-13 teams to 8-8 is simply an innacurate spin imo. While not all on Romo, those 8-8 teams should have been 10-6 type teams. If we're honest, we've come up small throughout the Romo era repeatedly. Whether it be crippling injuries, or just coming up small in the biggest moments. I can comfortably say this while STILL having love, admiration and respect for Romo. It's a bottom line business and I don't care about excuses or roster conversations. This is more about taking what you have and rising to the occasion when needed. Once again I respect Romo for all that he's done and stood for and he will be missed. I just don't like the excuse making.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If he does, he DESERVES his job back. He has to stop bearing the burden - it is unfair and discriminatory.

Tha ****? Are we really here again? Some have a legitimate fear that it's too risky to even play Romo in a limited role based on potential injury. Give Dak some respect.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Tha ****? Are we really here again? Some have a legitimate fear that it's too risky to even play Romo in a limited role based on potential injury. Give Dak some respect.

Look at the numbers dude. People like Romo are constantly discriminated against in the NFL. Look at the player demographics. Despite the vastly superior experience and loyalty to their team. If he lights it up and proves he is the man, he needs to put the boy back on the bench and the kid needs to show respect and tell the team Romo is more deserving.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Look at the numbers dude. People like Romo are constantly discriminated against in the NFL. Look at the player demographics. Despite the vastly superior experience and loyalty to their team. If he lights it up and proves he is the man, he needs to put the boy back on the bench and the kid needs to show respect and tell the team Romo is more deserving.
Playing a couple of series in a meaningless game doesn't prove anything. Dak has earned the right to be the starter. 13-2 is all that matters. The team means more than any one player.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Playing a couple of series in a meaningless game doesn't prove anything. Dak has earned the right to be the starter. 13-2 is all that matters. The team means more than any one player.

John Elway. Treated with Honor, Loyalty, Respect. Allowed to finish as an old man.

Peyton Manning
. Treated With Honor, Loyalty, Respect (Although John Elway betrayed Tim Tebow by lying to his face about being the starting QB the next year after leading them to the playoffs, you cannot argue against Manning's experience advantage). Allowed to finish and get the Lombardi as an old man.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
John Elway. Treated with Honor, Loyalty, Respect.

Peyton Manning
. Treated With Honor, Loyalty, Respect (Although John Elway betrayed Tim Tebow by lying to his face about being the starting QB the next year after leading them to the playoffs, you cannot argue against Manning's experience advantage).
How was Manning treated with respect in Indy? They cut him.

rynochop

Reaction score
Wish him the best but I'm over it. Excited to see my TEAM in the playoffs, the names on the back of the jersey don't matter to me as long as someone capable is getting the job done. Dak could be replaced by another 4th round pick next year for all I care, as long as that player keeps the team winning.
Some people root for the players and the Laundry

Stryker44

Reaction score
How was Manning treated with respect in Indy? They cut him.

Well he had to miss a season with the neck injury and it wasn't clear whether he'd be able to regain his true form. Is Prescott was undisputably better in training camp and preseason, he would have been named starter prior to the injury in preseason.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well he had to miss a season with the neck injury and it wasn't clear whether he'd be able to regain his true form. Is Prescott was undisputably better in training camp and preseason, he would have been named starter prior to the injury in preseason.
Well Tony has only played 4 games in 2 years and got hurt in 2 of them. He couldn't even last a few snaps in an exhibition game. Nobody knows what he's going to look like in a meaningful game.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Is he not dressing for the postseason? Relax people. Tomorrow is not a ****in funeral.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Well Tony has only played 4 games in 2 years and got hurt in 2 of them. He couldn't even last a few snaps in an exhibition game. Nobody knows what he's going to look like in a meaningful game.

I know, that's why I said if he lights it up and isn't allowed to lead the team that the rampant ageism and racism will still dominate the league interminably.

willia451

Reaction score

giphy.gif