If this was a poker game. Tank just got raised and called

Little Jr

Reaction score
And he just called with 7/2 off suit and the cowboys are holding pocket aces with ace, 8, 7 showing on the board.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Greagory and Quinn are RDE’s, Lawrence is a very good LDE.
If we loose Lawrence then we are worse off in several different ways( not just on the field either).
Quinn's signing doesn’t change that.
Not saying we are better off without Tank.

But the team certainly saw the need to bring in somebody who has been a featured pass rusher in the event Tank does not come to terms.

Doubly so with Gregory and Irvin gone.

At least if Tank does not report..

Quinn has ability and done it before.

Other than that..the shelves are bare.

The draft is going to turn up something and there is still time to look at other options.

Hoping Gregory finally grows up could be a long wait.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You lost me at, "with our coaches"...
you think Richard and Marrinelli are inferior coaches?

Hardly.

The Rams had 2 weeks to get ready for us and had a home field advantage going in after we had played an emotional game against the Seahawks the week before.

It was a tough moment for us.

What does disappoint me with our coaches on both sides of the ball..

is our apparent slowness to change on the fly during a game.

We tend to just keep pounding away and hope for things to get better.

I do not know if it's becuz we are a young team..

or the coaches are just conservative by nature..

but hopefully we see something change with Moore.

Not sure what improvements on defense can be made there.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The signing of Quinn is a huge move by the Cowboys to end the stalemate with Tank.

Lawrence never thought the Cowboys could replace him and therefore has taken his stance.

But it appears to me that signing Quinn to a $11 /mil a yr deal has shifted everything.

I do not believe the rhetoric from the FO about just wanting to pair Quinn and Tank.

Sure..if it happens fine.

But think about if it does not.

Also think about Tank playing again on the Franchise Tag at $20 mil/yr this season and still awaiting his new contract.

If Quinn suddenly starts have a lights out season and has better sack numbers than Tank..

well he only has a 1 year deal with us and then Tank has competition for his contract.

Quinn has had better sack numbers than Tank in the past.

That is what we would want.

So let this play it's way out.

Worst case scenario we rescind the Tag and keep the money and pay Quinn instead and can redo our other guys easily with the savings.

We win as a team no matter what happens.

:popcorn:

I hate Dlaw threads but I love me some poker

dwreck27

Reaction score
I like Dlaw...

but if a team is willing to part with a top 20 pick and judging how deep this draft is with dline talent I take that

johneric8

Reaction score
The signing of Quinn is a huge move by the Cowboys to end the stalemate with Tank.

Lawrence never thought the Cowboys could replace him and therefore has taken his stance.

But it appears to me that signing Quinn to a $11 /mil a yr deal has shifted everything.

I do not believe the rhetoric from the FO about just wanting to pair Quinn and Tank.

Sure..if it happens fine.

But think about if it does not.

Also think about Tank playing again on the Franchise Tag at $20 mil/yr this season and still awaiting his new contract.

If Quinn suddenly starts have a lights out season and has better sack numbers than Tank..

well he only has a 1 year deal with us and then Tank has competition for his contract.

Quinn has had better sack numbers than Tank in the past.

That is what we would want.

So let this play it's way out.

Worst case scenario we rescind the Tag and keep the money and pay Quinn instead and can redo our other guys easily with the savings.

We win as a team no matter what happens.

:popcorn:

You do realize quinn got 8 mil right? And also he plays a different position than tank..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree for all but 3 positions. QB, DE, LT. He’s DE
Yes i agree with that order of position but i would include OC and possibly CB too. That being said if you could trade Lawrence and end up with a healthy Ansah and a good legit safety would that not be worth it? Add in you can resign Zeke, Dak, Cooper and possible Jones plus whatever draft capital we get i think it would be worth it.

I wouldn't mind keeping Lawrence and wouldn't trade him for anything less than a top 20 first round pick but at some point you can only pay him so much.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Redball, that would be called and then raised. That's the chronological order of the betting procedure but I do not think Lawrence is going to fold.

If there's a bluff, it is that Gregory might be ready to go by game 1.

DEs
Quinn, Hyder, Crawford, Taco, Armstrong
Maybe Gregory

Even w/o Gregory, and before the Draft, the guys we've got are more than we've gone into a lot of seasons with.

chagus

Reaction score
After watching that highlight vid; now, i REALLY like this signing! GO COWBOYS!!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Quinn wasn't brought in to make a statement, he was brought in because Gregory's stupidity created a hole for us and Tank is not progressing like he should be.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Tanks stats towards the end of the season would have been better had his shoulder not been bothering him. I think there were signs that Tank would really need to get that shoulder addressed before playing next season.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Gregory might be ready for game 1 but Adolf Goodell ain't gonna be ready to let him play

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Our last 2 playoff losses can be largely credited to Marinelli getting outcoached.
I was under the impression that Richard was calling the defense.

And that Marinelli was calling the DL combinations.

And I will say that in the 2016 playoff loss that Marinelli was outcoached.

But last year..not sure.

It was mentioned that Richard was not focused running for coaching interviews the week of the playoff game.

I thought the same thing.

So it is an issue against better coached teams that those guys have to do something more to win in the playoffs.