If true and Scouts want Ramsey and Coaches want Elliott than...

Jake0

Reaction score
Why do people use TNew comparisons like the guy was a bad player for us? He locked down the corner position for us for years. Just became a scapegoat at the end of his Dallas years by the lowest common denominator of the fan base searching desperately for someone to blame.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is more to it then just Scouts want X and Coaches want Y. How close is the evaluation? Is it marginal difference? Do the scouts think that Ramsey is a bust?

For me, it's Ramsey or a trade down. I like Elliot but he's not who I would take based on the info we currently have.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
This draft is already over anyway. Wentz to the Eagles. That's game over. They have a future. We have jack squat.

Wrong.....the draft is not over, i can't believe you of all people whining about one player out of this whole draft!! and furthermore if we had our choice of Goff or Wentz, i would've selected Goff. get over it already.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Our o-line made McFadden, who's a middle of the road running back, fourth leading rusher in the NFL last year. Just imagine what they would do with an elite talent like Zeke Elliot?
Make him the leading rusher, and get us into the playoffs where we lose in the divisional round because somebody's QB does this to our defense...

2007 Eli 132.4
2009 Favre 134.4
2014 Rodgers 125.4

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why do people use TNew comparisons like the guy was a bad player for us? He locked down the corner position for us for years. Just became a scapegoat at the end of his Dallas years by the lowest common denominator of the fan base searching desperately for someone to blame.

Honestly, his career is like what Carr's would be if we drafted him. Hang onto him, get next to no production, pay some more, get no plays, but feel really really good about it at the end of his tenure for some dumb reason.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I know they have changed things up since this instance. But the last time coaches/scouts differed on a player was Floyd. We took Fred and that has worked out well.

So in this case, I take Zeke.

Broaddus said that this is the reason Tom Ciskowski lost his job. Don't rank guys on your board and then throw it out the window when your pick comes up. Everyone needs to be on the same page going in. With that said, I am more than fine with either pick.

With Lamar Miller this would have been a very easy pick. I still would have go to Ramsey. Look I like Elliott, I just find it hard to justify drafting a RB given the resources currently allocated to that position.

What resources, exactly? Two players in decline, who are very limited in what they can do? Let's be honest, McFadden was a fluke last year. Expecting the same performance is foolish. Morris and McFadden have pass blocking issues, and Morris can't catch out of the backfield.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Here we see Jerry picking Elllliiiioott...

WLQhwgGDQNlyo.gif

Which is what I'd do. Scouts are overthinking it.

As far as the Sharrif Floyd thing, I think the big issue is the coaches didn't care for him at all. It wasn't a close argument. Elliott vs Ramsey, the coaches may still think highly of Ramsey and the scouts may think highly of Elliott. I don't think this represents some deep schism in the team.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If true and Scouts want Ramsey and Coaches want Elliott than which would you prefer ?

I'm leaning Elliott but want be sad with Ramsey just concerned over lack of Turnovers from him
and I think Elliott makes the bigger team impact !!! my opinion only.

McFadden is 30 with 1 year left on his contract.

Alfred Morris is older as well, and only on a 2-year contract.

Dunbar is an unknown with his knee, and also older.

I select Ezekiel Elliott.

Jake0

Reaction score
Honestly, his career is like what Carr's would be if we drafted him. Hang onto him, get next to no production, pay some more, get no plays, but feel really really good about it at the end of his tenure for some dumb reason.

??? What do you consider "production" from a cb? Ints are not the primary barometer of a CBs success and he got a fair amount of those anyway. No one really feels good about Carr for anything. TNew didn't get dunked on on sportscenter every other week like Carr. He held his guy in check.

I don't see the correlation at all here.