If we could somehow end up with McFadden and Desean Jackson next yr.

glassjaw

Reaction score
cobra;1483731 said:
No it isn't. There are certain systems which produce players who appear to be productive purely because of the system.

Has there even been a good WR come out of Michigan? I can't think of any. I can think of a lot of busts.

Anthony Carter was a very good WR and Amani Toomer has been pretty good.

TNew2169

Reaction score
glassjaw;1483770 said:
Anthony Carter was a very good WR and Amani Toomer has been pretty good.

yea but you think they are worthy of a top 10 pick? i dont.

TNew2169

Reaction score
smarta5150;1483748 said:
26 teams passed on LJ... was it because of the history behind Penn St. running backs? Possibly, was it a mistake? Of course.

All I am saying is don't let the history on players at a certain position from a certain school blind you from a players true talent.

dude i think you completely missed the part about LJ not being human.

Tristan

Reaction score
What? Calvin Johnson is going to be a bust? Why? Oh because there haven't been any good WR's at Georgia Tech? Oh, I see.

By the way, I would love to have Braylon Edwards on our team. If Manningham Keeps it up, I would love to have him on our team.

Jackson would be real nice as well, even though most Cal Wr's suck.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Tristan;1483839 said:
What? Calvin Johnson is going to be a bust? Why? Oh because there haven't been any good WR's at Georgia Tech? Oh, I see.

By the way, I would love to have Braylon Edwards on our team. If Manningham Keeps it up, I would love to have him on our team.

Jackson would be real nice as well, even though most Cal Wr's suck.

:lmao2:

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Cold Pizza was discussing a WR prospect for Dallas next year. But it was neither Jackson or Manningham. It was Sweed from Texas. I'll confess other than the measurables, I don't really know that much about him. Can somebody fill in some details for me?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;1483848 said:
Cold Pizza was discussing a WR prospect for Dallas next year. But it was neither Jackson or Manningham. It was Sweed from Texas. I'll confess other than the measurables, I don't really know that much about him. Can somebody fill in some details for me?

He's gonna be like Jarret (6'5, red zone threat, slower 40 time).

Ask the Texas guys though, they see more of him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
desean jackson? i know the guy has some talent, but he makes ginn look muscular. i dont think a 160 lb wr is something u'd want in the nfl

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'll pass on DeSean.

I don't like 5'11" 175 pound WRs. And I certainly don't like them with top 10 picks. If we end up witha top 5 pick you have to go with a RB, QB, or CB. Otherwise we should trade it away.

If you're getting a WR with a top pick the guy needs to be a big, tall, fast freak.

hendog

Reaction score
theogt;1483905 said:
I'll pass on DeSean.

I don't like 5'11" 175 pound WRs. And I certainly don't like them with top 10 picks. If we end up witha top 5 pick you have to go with a RB, QB, or CB. Otherwise we should trade it away.

If you're getting a WR with a top pick the guy needs to be a big, tall, fast freak.

We're using our top pick on McFadden. It's our pick @ #32 that we're using on Jackson.:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
hendog;1484057 said:
We're using our top pick on McFadden. It's our pick @ #32 that we're using on Jackson.:D
We'll likely need both picks to get up to #1 or #2 overall.

daniukid

Reaction score
That would be the bomb draft! We'd complement all the talent on D with a serious dose of juice on the offense. That would be SB caliber quality.
daniukid