If we could trade for Aaron Donald , Earl thomas or Rob gronkowski who would you pick and for what

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Gronkowski is 29 but injury prone but he's a tightend who could block and be great in the red zone. Earl thomas.... Well we've talked a ton about him he is 29 and going strong.even though he's been injured more in recent years. Aaron Donald would require giving up a food 2 first round picks but he is 26 and he would put our defense in another universe. He is a three tech and arguably the best in the game today. Him Dlaw and say Gregory would be menacing. Which one would you choose why and for how much

Aaron Donald. I wanted him in 2014 but I’m very happy we got Martin.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Is this a trick question?
Man it’s tooooooo easy, it has to be a trick

DonaldPFF1.PNG-copy.jpg

The No. 1 player on the list a year ago, somehow Donald has only gotten better for the Rams, and he may be in an even better situation heading into 2018 with additions like Suh to the defensive line. Donald led the league in total pressures (91) in 2017, despite playing only 14 games and doing it from a predominantly inside alignment. Donald is the best player in football right now and practically unblockable when it comes to generating pressure

visionary

Reaction score
One would have to be COMPLETELY CRAZY to give up 2 first rd picks for Donald

What if Dak crashes and burns this year?
Where are you finding a starting QB?
Will Donald play QB?

lwehlers

Reaction score
i would give a 1st and 3rd in next years draft only. I would not give up two firsts round picks those five year contracts that first round receive it very important.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Will Donald play QB?

Agreeing with this. You don't give up two first round picks unless you think you're one player away and have your franchise QB.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Donald without question. Young, no injury history, all pro productive.

The Natural

Reaction score
I'd give up two firsts for Donald. We're going nowhere fast might as well have an exciting defense to watch for the first time in my cowboys watching lifetime.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I would give them RICO. I’m crazy like that.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

Will Donald play QB?

With Donald you stand a legitimate chance of winning it all with a bus driver. He makes your D dominant. You’re adding that to a dominant run game. It’s the formula used by the ‘90 Giants, the ‘00 Ravens, the ‘02 Bucs, etc. That puts less pressure on needing a 1 to find your starting QB.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no way they would take dak and a pick.. would anybody.. I guess it would have to be picks.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Donald, but not willing to give up 2 1st rd picks for him. He's worth it, but as much as like Dak, we need to wait and see how he performs this year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It really seems to be that Donald, Thomas or Gronkowski, regardless of which one, would likely tax our salary structure somewhat more than either Jerry or Stephen would be likely to welcome. The Cowboys franchise is set up these days to get the most for the least possible monetary commitment. They are still highly committed to recovering from their excessive spending ways of the past. At some point, perhaps we'll see daylight. Right now, proceeding with extreme caution is evidently now the magical phrase to live by, although they've already loosened up lately to some extent with their free agency signings.

Last edited: