If we don't stick with Dak, I will be extremely upset as a fan

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Here you go bud....

412HVto0PbL._AC_UL600_SR426,600_.jpg

I threw in a pair of Dak-Sucks just in case.....

thumb.aspx
Go away Troll. You should be banned.

Wood

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.

If Dallas drafts new QB on a Thursday next April - you will be wearing his jersey by Tuesday :)

pitt33

Reaction score
Weve been watching losers for 25 years and this team is more boring than ever. The team does absolutely nothing well, bad coaching, mental midget players, over hyped roster, bargain shopping offseasons lol, and the defense hasnt been good since what? 2003?
pretty much sums up the last quarter century.

it really does.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
pretty much sums up the last quarter century.

it really does.
It’s amazing that commentators or tv personalities even give the cowboys 5 mins of their time. We’re a top 3 worst team in the league and we’re just straight up boring. Aside from McCarthys worst fake punt call in, seriously, nfl history, what have the cowboys done to deserve any attention?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s amazing that commentators or tv personalities even give the cowboys 5 mins of their time. We’re a top 3 worst team in the league and we’re just straight up boring. Aside from McCarthys worst fake punt call in, seriously, nfl history, what have the cowboys done to deserve any attention?

Because we're still in the top 5 on this list. I'd argue we're the oldest fan base, as the other 4 have actually won Super Bowls in this century.

Can You Guess the Most Popular NFL Teams in 2020?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Extrapolate the offensive stats from his performance this season over a full 16 games.

25% is a sufficient sample size for an extrapolation from a mathematical standpoint.

He was on track for the best season a QB has ever had in the history of the NFL.

...........and if we only looked at stats and didn't actually watch the games, you might think those numbers mean something.

Swagger

Reaction score
Don't compare an average guy to a hof superbowl champ
Yet some people on here were genuinely of the view that Dak Prescott was a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. I appreciate people hold different opinions and I try to understand the various angles even if I do not agree with it but when people actually believe this then you just can't take them seriously.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
His ceiling had him on track for the best season a QB has ever had until his injury.....

Literally - 7,000 yards.

His ceiling is the GOAT based on his actual performance in the NFL as QB of this otherwise pretty trash team.
His ceiling had unsmart football thinking he's more than what he is. They just see stats they googled and don't put them into any context of how he got them. The record said them stats were bogus. He's hit his ceiling. If your impressed by meaningless junk stats ok but I'm not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True story. Add in that he's coming back from a compound fracture in his ankle...doesn't exactly sound like a "sure thing" :huh:
The only thing that is different about a compound fracture is that the broken bone penetrated the skin. Assuming Dak didn't get an infection from that, the healing will be no different than had it been a simple fracture. The real key is how clean the fracture was. If the bone broke in one place and was easy to set, it should heal fine. If it broke in multiple places and it took pins and plates to piece it together, there is more concern. I honestly have never read anything that gave much detail on that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How can you people keep saying this when he isn't signed long term? What type of copium are y'all on?

Because you don't offer $100 million guaranteed - including a $50 million signing bonus - to someone you don't want. :rolleyes:

Dak turned it down. That's why he isn't signed. That may prove to be a mistake on his (agent's) part.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's messed up (intentional) how the Dak haters always bring up $40 million per year when mentioning Dak and his future demands with the Cowboys.

Where is your evidence that Dak wants $40 million per year?

Dak had accepted between $33 - $35 million / year at the last second earlier this year when contract extensions was under way. Problem was time ran out. Dak's only issue was with the length of the contract, plus not wanting any more future franchise tags.

With Dak's recent serious injury, this bodes very well in the Cowboys favor to where Dak will most likely accept anywhere between $30 - $33 million / year, along with 5+ years of a contract to show longterm security due to his injury. The Cowboys will want to add some protection (opt out) clauses in case Dak reinjures his lower leg. This recent lower leg injury will be a blessing for both parties to get a longterm contract signed early this upcoming offseason and way before next year's draft, which will help the Cowboys not have to worry about using an early round pick on another QB.

This will become Dak haters' worse nightmare since Dak very likely will be signed to remain the Cowboys starting and franchise QB for years to come (all pending on how well Dak's injury heals and shows progress by the beginning of March 2021).
When it comes to football you're just not smart smh. What kinda delusional rationale are you using. He accepted the deal but time ran out? Yeah flipping right. Until Dak is signed he's on track to be like every other QB who had to play on the franchise tag. That doesn't bode well for,you and the rest of the Dallas DakBoys

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Because you don't offer $100 million guaranteed - including a $50 million signing bonus - to someone you don't want. :rolleyes:

Dak turned it down. That's why he isn't signed. That may prove to be a mistake on his (agent's) part.
Another unsmart DakBoy. All your babble means nothing. If he was sooo awesome he wouldn't have had to worry because Jerry would've signed him at whatever his price was. That's my point. You don't quibble when you feel you might miss out or you think the player is worth what they're asking for. You DakBoys high off the copium.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When it comes to football you're just not smart smh. What kinda delusional rationale are you using. He accepted the deal but time ran out? Yeah flipping right. Until Dak is signed he's on track to be like every other QB who had to play on the franchise tag. That doesn't bode well for,you and the rest of the Dallas DakBoys
It was stated from different sources. I guess you know more accurate information than them? Pfft, yeah right. You're just a disgruntled Dak hater who enjoys making up falsehoods to justify your hatred.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Another unsmart DakBoy. All your babble means nothing. If he was sooo awesome he wouldn't have had to worry because Jerry would've signed him at whatever his price was. That's my point. You don't quibble when you feel you might miss out or you think the player is worth what they're asking for. You DakBoys high off the copium.
The Skins offered Cousins $53m and he turned it down.

We all know how that ended up :rolleyes::rolleyes: