If we don't stick with Dak, I will be extremely upset as a fan

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does dak have a high ceiling?
May I ask where it's been since 2017?
We're off point once again.
In fact, where have our Cowboy's been playing .500 ball?
Dak Prescott played with the most talented offense roster in the NFL for years and a top 10 defense and managed only 1 playoff win.
Dak Prescott is a Tier 3 QB and totally over-rated and supported by the agent run media.
This is the reality without prejudice or malice.

P.S.Will Jerry fold on this one....we shall know by the Draft.

Sorry I meant high floor.. He doesn’t have a high ceiling.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I feel we have already seen what Dak can do when Dallas is 100% healthy and All Pro OL, with Zeke at his best and above average receivers. That was his ceiling to me....which is average.....problems when he came up against elite teams. Which are the teams you come up against in the playoffs. So no thanks. That has feels of the Garrett era written all over it. He certainly ain't worth 40mil ...hoping JJ sticks to his guns on this one. Dak and his agent will feel they have him over a barrel like when Romo was here and got his. Need to learn from past mistakes. At worst, May have to franchise Dak another year if they can't get their QB in the draft, which is wise since he will be coming of this bad injury.

He wasn't worth 40 mil last season, and he wasn't worth 40 mil before he went down this season. Now he's coming off a gruesome injury and his stock is rising in the eyes of some fans. Is he the best QB we have? Yes. Is he worth breaking the bank for on a team with many needs? No.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Extrapolate the offensive stats from his performance this season over a full 16 games.

25% is a sufficient sample size for an extrapolation from a mathematical standpoint.

He was on track for the best season a QB has ever had in the history of the NFL.

what was the won/loss record of the team when he went down? extrapolate that

plymkr

Reaction score
Just funny that people think we're going to throw Dak 40 Mil and start winning! lol Like he's the only thing missing here? This team is way off from competing for Super Bowls. Overpaying the next 4 years when you're simply not ready is fools gold. Has Jerry's name written all over it.
That's why we all know deep in our hearts that Dak is going to stay. This is a Jerry move. We all know it's coming. My prediction is 5 years 200 million deal. Dak will give on the years and Jerry will give on the money. These threads are good distractions but we all know what's going to happen.

The way I look at it is it boils down to what is the bigger risk. Pay Dak 40 million and draft defense and oline and use defense and oline on rookie contracts or bottom tier FA's; or spend big money on defense and oline and get a QB on a rookie contract or bottom tier FA.

Again, we all know what Jerry will do. Me personally I feel I'd rather have a known commodity at QB. QB is the most important position on the team. I don't feel Dak is worth 40 million but he is a known commodity and that's hard to pass up. I hope Dak has some reflection time during his rehab and figures out he can win and get paid if he takes a little less ala Tom Brady. That's the best case scenario for us IMO.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Not capable without a catalyst hence when I'm sticking with Dak. He's my QB *T.O. emoji*

I very rarely enter these debates however it seems you have more invested in Dak Prescott than the Dallas Cowboys. Whatever happens at the QB position in the next year or two, I will be first and foremost a Cowboys fan. If your love of the team is so shallow that a change of personal is the catalyst for you to move allegiance, perhaps a look on why you follow the team at all may be in order.

Flamma

Reaction score
Extrapolate the offensive stats from his performance this season over a full 16 games.

25% is a sufficient sample size for an extrapolation from a mathematical standpoint.

He was on track for the best season a QB has ever had in the history of the NFL.

I remember them saying that about Kurt Warner back in 2000 before he got hurt. You can come to no serious conclusions after 4 games in the NFL.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I very rarely enter these debates however it seems you have more invested in Dak Prescott than the Dallas Cowboys. Whatever happens at the QB position in the next year or two, I will be first and foremost a Cowboys fan. If your love of the team is so shallow that a change of personal is the catalyst for you to move allegiance, perhaps a look on why you follow the team at all may be in order.
:hammer:The Dallas Cowboys were here before Dak and ya for you confused Dak worshipers and will continue to be here when he is road-kill in the Spring!
You can follow him to his new team and watch ineptness at its finest.
P.S.Buy a lot of garbage bags.....o_O

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
I like loyalty.

You feel it.

No problem.

I think the biggest factor with Dak is this injury.

Which Dak returns from this injury is key.

The 7000 yd. Dak or the 3500 yd Dak?

The fumbling in the pocket Dak?

The $32mil Dak or the $40 mil Dak?

And I will not assume Dak seamlessly returns to form after his surgery. That was a nasty break. You don't just get over it and things are back to normal.

I will be looking for how it affects his mobility. How it affects his setup throwing. How does his accuracy appear to be?

Is he mentally affected and is their fear in the pocket where he starts to constantly check down? Does he overthrow receivers and throw out of bounds just to unload the hot potatoes?

You seem to think Dak staying or not depends on everything remains equal for Dak and he just takes off where he left off.

Maybe but I think it will fall somewhere in b/w.

And is that enough to justify paying him $40 mil for 4 years or 3 years or whatever?

So a lot of this depends on which Dak shows up for TC.

We wait..we ponder.

:cool:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
Might I suggest switching loyalty to the Saints?

You stand a much better chance of enjoying football.

Payton is a former coach from Dallas and he has his team very together.

I am moving over there until the season is over becuz I am not going to let Jerrah and Big Mike ruin my Holidays.

:eek:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

:huh:...... it would have extrapolated into a 4-12 season.

Who cares about yards when we dont win.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Might I suggest switching loyalty to the Saints?

You stand a much better chance of enjoying football.

Payton is a former coach from Dallas and he has his team very together.

I am moving over there until the season is over becuz I am not going to let Jerrah and Big Mike ruin my Holidays.

:eek:
Yes, the Saints with Winston another garbage QB.....if he ever starts for them???:eek:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Our offense was putting up 40 a game with him. Now it is inept.

He had this as the top performing offense in the league.

Can we fix the defense and keep Dak? I think so.

You think so, okay I'm listening? Start with how much Dak wants to be paid, subtract that and let me know how much cap we will have left. Then explain how you will fix the defense with what's left over.

I love a good plan!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Remember Payton Manning?
Much better comparison.

Ryan Leaf and nowhere near the hype that Lawrence has. In fact, there were some questions about his attitude. He wasn't considered near the prospect as Lawrence.

Now the kid may flop. but I like his chances much more than I ever did Leaf.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
lol Winston was the leading passer last year. How'd that go? People hung up on stats when they play from behind a majority of the time. Extrapolate that times 16 and you're lucky to go 8-8. The D stinks, the Oline is an issue, and they overpaid numerous guys... so what's another? This team is a long way off and now you have a QB coming off a horrific injury. This is not a good situation and you can surely bet Jerry won't make the correct call here so you have nothing to worry about.
You nailed it buddy, this thang ain't getting fixed anytime soon, no matter the QB.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'll sit back and watch what happens. I have no reason to get worked up on what they will do. My apathy towards this team couldn't get any higher. I'll always follow them, but as the years pass I no longer lay awake at night over losses. Looking back, I can see how silly that was.