If we don't stick with Dak, I will be extremely upset as a fan

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards.
Dak passing for 7k yards would be great! But how about bringing up that redzone TD passing percentage first. He wouldnt need to be running either if he brought accuracy and consistency to the table. Do you realize that being able to hit RBs and WRs short and accurately while they are on the move is more important than throwing 50/50 balls to gallup 40 yards down the field. This is why Dak struggles in the redzone. People bash Eli Manning but that dude was capable of firing a quick slant hitting his WR in the endzone right in the gut with 3 guys within1 yard of him. Eli could adjust his game to get rid of the ball quickly throwing quick timing routes. We all saw the bad Eli but there were season he played well. Dak doesnt have those capabilities to do those things. He just isnt accurate enough or has the quick read ability.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"even if they trade him, I'll still be sleeping with my lifesize stats prescott doll."
Here you go bud....

412HVto0PbL._AC_UL600_SR426,600_.jpg

I threw in a pair of Dak-Sucks just in case.....

thumb.aspx

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
If they run out of mustard at the Cowboys concession stand ONE MORE TIME, I'm done as a fan. Jerry will never again see another $100 dollar bill from me. It's over, fini, caput. End of the road, end of the line. But if they have some of that spicy mustard I may reconsider.

Darkhound

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.

DAK IS A 4TH ROUND QB

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Does dak have a high ceiling?
May I ask where it's been since 2017?
We're off point once again.
In fact, where have our Cowboy's been playing .500 ball?
Dak Prescott played with the most talented offense roster in the NFL for years and a top 10 defense and managed only 1 playoff win.
Dak Prescott is a Tier 3 QB and totally over-rated and supported by the agent run media.
This is the reality without prejudice or malice.

P.S.Will Jerry fold on this one....we shall know by the Draft.
do you mean 35 year old Jason witten, gimpy one foot bryant, williams, ryan switzer, beasley, that group of talented players? wow....I am impressed. a bunch of future HOFers for sure

and I ask you a simple question...is wins/losses all credited/blamed on the QB? a simple yes and no question

InTheZone

Reaction score
do you mean 35 year old Jason witten, gimpy one foot bryant, williams, ryan switzer, beasley, that group of talented players? wow....I am impressed. a bunch of future HOFers for sure

and I ask you a simple question...is wins/losses all credited/blamed on the QB? a simple yes and no question
just earlier I was asked what's Daks record in regards to trying to prop him up, so yes we can make wins/losses a QB stat whenever the argument fits because it happens on both sides of the argument. I'm not saying it's right in any situation, I am just tired of people bringing it up regardless.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
not sure why the facts never pop up in these debates pay or not pay dak

so its Jerrys Fault dak wants more then hes worth? you expect an owner to give the player a blank check even though as you said top 12 he never been elite and these are the facts,

Daks worth keeping, sure but The Jones's have offered about 5 Contracts already, very fair contracts and im not getting into another bs market debate..DAK HIMSELF AND HIS Egomaniacal AGENT TURNED DOWN OFFERS THAT WERE AT OR OVER DAKS TALENT AND PRODUCTION LEVELS..

Allegedly it was the years that bothered dak and here he sits hurt and on a FT headed for another unless he like EVERY OTHER PLAYER ON THIS TEAM HAS DONE, AND SIGNS A MORE TEAM FROENDLY DEAL..

YOU MIGHT WANT TO SAVE YOUR ANGER AND DISSAPOINTMENT FOR THE PLAYER WHOS BEING GREEDY IN A SENSE..I KNOW HE ALLOWED TO ASK FOR AS MUCH AS HE CAN GET but you cant be made at an owner who works in a capped league and know who his players are for offering fair deals that have been turned down..

Daks not Elite and doesnt deserve top 5 money but at the time it would have been the 3rd best contract in the entire league and DAK SAID NO..

be upset at dak..its not your money you are asking jerry to spend and Jerry paid dak 32 mil for a 1-3 start and 4 games played..

who issue is this really?

Daks already profiting from Jerrys Brand outside of his salary and this is Jerry fault?

it takes two to tangle and the fact are Jerry wanted dak for one more year, hows that not commitment? 105 Million of his money guaranteed no matter what and 5 years , thats the Jones family committing, Dak and his agent IMO got greedy they wanted it all NO CONCESSIONS and Jerry isnt a person who appreciates that type of attitude given he has Always been fair to his players and expect some give and take..Dak gave ZERO

so if Daks not here , blame dak..they tried throwing the money train at him and said all the right things in public and by their actions with the contracts offered..

the issue Dak thinks hes Mahomes and hes not even Wilson//I like him , hoe they find way to keep him..

however that may not happen and I'm a DC fan not player fan..

WINS ARE ALL THAT matter and Daks last 16 games arent pretty in that regard..

lastly you had far too much to drink if you think dak was going to hit 7k yards after less then 4 games , those paces level off..I believe even if he stayed healthy with all the other injurys we had all year and still dropping we were headed for 8-8 or worse AGAIN..

You want that kind of money you have to be able to win more games with less talent around you..not sure how the deals Jerrys offered were offensive F all that market nonsense..

Daks most likely getting the FT again if he further ups his demands and this time might hold out and then maybe traded, even if he comes back after a holdout we need insurance. Lawrence isnt in the cards we will be 5-10 but if Im jerry im taking a QB like Trask or a 1op 6 QB in the is draft like GB did last draft, you have to plan for the future even if daks part of it and we have draft stock to get QB to start grooming..its good enough for teams like NE and GB but not us?

its time to rebuild the defense and if dak is unwilling to concede anything and continues to play hardball, well that not on the Jones family for saying, NO..

Shane612

Reaction score
The beagles are just about to dump Wentz.
Maybe Jerry can make a deal.....
lol

:muttley:

basel90

Reaction score
Dak is good for business.

He has a high ceiling and is a good player.

He’s also all over TV doing commercials constantly and represents the franchise well.

All those things will certainly make the Jones’s settle.

They’ll receive too much media backlash and criticism from part of their fan base if they made a move.

Like the Zeke deal.. Eventually they will do the deal and everyone will applaud it just like they did with Zeke.

We will then be locked into mediocrity for awhile and have maybe a 1 year window to win when Dak’s contract isn’t so bad and all the rookies that have been our only real upgrades start to become vets. (Assuming we hit on our picks)
great analysis. The dak contract will seal the fate of mediocrity for this franchise for 4 years. Just to appease the politicially correct media and some bad evaluators and dak lovers.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why you people wasting your time talking about Trevor Lawrence?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Don't let the media pick your QB....:popcorn: