If we win the Super Bowl and Dak is the MVP would that change your feeling about Dak

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You guys know we made the playoffs right and play in like 48 hours right?

Don't know how you guys are still going on and on about this stuff right now.
Cheers mate! This argument is only for the gum chewers.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
For some reason we have fans that aren’t able to seperate our support of Dak with his leadership skills and winning ability from his weaknesses in passing.

Dak could win more Super Bowls and be one of the winningest QB’s in Cowboys history and still not be a prolific passing QB.

It’s only called out when we haven’t had the success. But if he has the success who cares if he’s still 18th ranked in passing?
Troy Aikman career completion percentage is 61%, Aikman actually hovered around 59% every year

Corso

Reaction score
Why stop there?

How about asking how we’d feel if Dak won the next 15 SBs, cured cancer, discovered the fountain of youth, established everlasting world peace and taught us all how to pizz gasoline?

:facepalm::huh::lmao2::lmao::laugh::muttley::facepalm:
Statues would be built.
Except for the gasoline part. I'm sure it would clean out anything in the bladder, but...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not enough information.

But 4 games? Unlikely. Could it start to? Possibly. Many factors to consider.

nobody

Reaction score
This is for the ones on this board that consistently bash Dak?

Would we all agree that Dak would carry the torch of been the next QB of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come?

Not all critics "bash" Dak but point out flaws in his game that need to be improved. It's only a very small percentage who bash and don't acknowledge any good. Most are just frustrated with that year of mediocre/poor play after the Atlanta game last year. It took him that long to really start to recover. Some of that was his fault. Some was coaching, and some was front office not having enough good receivers in place.

There are some who think a QB should go from College ball to the NFL and instantly play MVP-style football. Yeah, that's ridiculous, but there's no reasoning with that kind of fan.

Dak won me over early in 2016. Then in 2017 I started noticing some things he really needed to work on and early 2018 really started having some doubts as he seemed to be regressing and not working on the flaws in his game. He finally seems to have snapped out of that funk, but still has some things to work on. The only thing in his way is him (and perhaps our OC). It appears pretty obvious that he overthinks sometimes during plays and that's what causes the mistakes. He's got all of the tools needed to succeed physically and mentally.

Jerry would be doing the team a massive favor by getting an OC and QB that would teach Dak and design the offense around Dak rather than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Corso

Reaction score
Not enough information.

But 4 games? Unlikely. Could it start to? Possibly. Many factors to consider.
I am of the opinion that even if he has a great run in the playoffs... it's not necessarily an indicator of if he is "That Guy", or if he's Eli in those two years, or Flacco that one year.
Or Dilfer.
Or...

You get my drift.
I still want to see continual growth and success throughout a season that shows he's a true QB that can do more than be "carried" on a consistent basis.

I do like his ability to be successful when the stress is on in a game though.

Otherwise, If Dak delivers a Superbowl?
I will remember him fondly for the rest of my life for it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Would we all agree that Dak would carry the torch of been the next QB of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come?

Not only would I change me view of Dak's abilities, it would change my view of the universe.

ICP

Reaction score
At first I was going to say that I think it would have to. Then I remembered Doug Williams.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Define bashing Dak. I see maybe a handful of people on here who are relentless Dak bashers. If offering fair critique and airing frustration over a player is called bashing then we should just get a trophy for everyone and hand the MVP award out to all on the active roster.

To your question. I saw something vs the Giants that gave me great hope. It appeared the formations, personnel and playcalling had Dak playing in a comfort zone not seen in two years. SB MVP you say? If Dak can be instrumental in the Cowboys winning the next two games by not turning the ball over and making good decisions with his arm and legs, I will be extremely pleased with what we have at QB.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Troy Aikman career completion percentage is 61%, Aikman actually hovered around 59% every year
Who cares. He was 7-1 during a 4 year stretch in the playoffs winning 3 Super Bowls.

Winning cures all ills.

If you don’t win then you better be one of the greatest QB or you’ll be bashed .

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm fine with Dak as it is, I would like to see him work on his fumbles and throw the ball away a little sooner so he can avoid so many sacks.....................I would even be so generous as to give Garrett a one year extention....(see, I told you I was being generous)......Linehan needs to be gone under any circumstances.

jrumann59

Reaction score
That would in all probabilities mean he put together a string of 4 consecutive good performances all against teams with winning records....a first

So heck yes it would change my view of him long term

Would it change my view of how much next contract would be....not really
Gotta keep above ave personnel on tap on both sides of the ball
wonder how the 49ers felt about their QB even though they lost. Oh yeah still gave him too much money when he could not throw to anyone on the left part of the field.

Now with all that being said Dak has one of those playoff runs that is insane I may change my mind you know average about 250 yards and 3-4 TDs a game and Dallas wins walking away in all the games otherwise to quote someone famous, "A leopard can't change his stripes."

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Slim chance of that happening but it might change my outlook on him if the defense doesnt have to carry the team like the regular season.