If we win the Super Bowl and Dak is the MVP would that change your feeling about Dak

Diehardblues

Reaction score
leadership skill is still something to be proven to me. I mean he could very well have those. But that recent bit with Woody comparing him to Romo and touting what he heard. Well I don't know how much of that is that your current locker room should always be supportive of your quarterback, or else something is rotten in denmark, versus if those same players will still say the same thing long after their and dak's playing days.

The winning ability is also something I still have to witness, or moreso Dak's ability to win games versus for him being carried by others. I saw the winning ability in 2016. 2017 is a very ugly year to me. 2018 I've felt in games that coop, zeek and the D were carrying Dak. I don't see him doing all that many running plays that you see mobile quarterbacks do that win the game this year. In fact, his pocket awareness seems to get him sacked instead of get out of trouble at times. But actually, I'm not one who wants Dak to be a running quarterback. He is missing something he had in 2016, that took Romo a longer time to develop than Dak who had it in year 1. I like quarterbacks who scramble to avoid the sack, but romo had figured out that he didn't need to run the ball and threw it before he got to the line of scrimmage. Dak was doing that in 2016, but that has been missing from his game since. So I'm not quite seeing what Dak is doing to win the games versus that he had a nice defense that keeps the score low for the other team, and Zeek and Coop who seem to be our #1 and #2 players. I have said before, all that does matter is if Dak can win games, but I don't care how he does it, but I think I should be able to see when he does make a great play. I think it is possible for Zeek and Coop to be more responsible for the Ws, but I also don't think they can carry dak through the playoffs. It's a different game, so I think I should be able to evaluate Dak better and see if he can be responsible for winning.
Dak has had several games this season where he led the final drive to win the game. He might be part of the reason we needed to come back but the point is he did.

Ultimately he’ll be measured by his playoff success.

I’ve been very critical of his passing abilities but if he can help lead this team to our ultimate goals then he’ll be all we need. If not then the criticism will be justified. Just win!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually imagine it did work for him briefly, but the next season reality set back in.
And that’s reality with an average to below average QB without success.

How much support would Dak have had without his 11 game Winning Wave his Rookie season and now two playoff appearances in first 3 years?

It always revolves around winning unless your a freakish talent that obviously isn’t holding the team back.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that’s reality with an average to below average QB without success.

How much support would Dak have had without his 11 game Winning Wave his Rookie season and now two playoff appearances in first 3 years?

It always revolves around winning unless your a freakish talent that obviously isn’t holding the team back.

The difference is that without success there is no period where the fan base feels better about the QB. Success at least provides an opportunity for the QB to gain some favor with the fan base. The flaw with the OP's post is that he suggested that if Dak wins the Super Bowl we should be able to all agree he is the right guy to carry the torch for years to come, but while winning the Super Bowl would make us feel good about him going into next year, and may even carry over to the next year, it doesn't guarantee how we will feel about him for "years to come". If the success stops, the favor of the fans will fade.

jsb357

Reaction score
If Dak elevates his game the way QB's must do for their teams to have a chance in the playoffs.

Has zero fumbles and an 8-1 or better TD to INT ratio in the playoffs.

And Dallas completes and is never out of any game.

And Dallas makes it to the NFC Championship game.

I'll cut Dak some slack.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is for the ones on this board that consistently bash Dak?

Would we all agree that Dak would carry the torch of been the next QB of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come?

If Dak is the MVP yes it can change my mind about him. But if we win 13 to 10 then MVP or not I would still know Dak is average.