If we win the Super Bowl and Dak is the MVP would that change your feeling about Dak

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is for the ones on this board that consistently bash Dak?

Would we all agree that Dak would carry the torch of been the next QB of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come?

Why don't you ask this after it happens?

JBond

Reaction score
A QB like Mahomes would get my fire burning. The kid from Clemson is the closest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who cares what most of these idiots think. If God came down here tomorrow people would complain he came too late or too early.

DStar22

Reaction score
if he can win us a SB then I will kiss his nikes as the new long term QB of the Dallas cowboys.

hell get us to a championship game and play well and I'm in.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Would we all agree that Dak would carry the torch of been the next QB of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come?
Dur,,,:eek:,,, more likely the effective implementation of a Demigod-like persona of COACH GARRETTNESS's Greatness:confused: shall thenceforth & foreber be bestowed,,,More than likely,my freno_O :eek: o_O

coult44

Reaction score

Let me help you out.
There are people here that bash Roger Staubach, Danny White, Troy Aikman, and Tony Romo. Why do you feel Dak would be any different? There are people who bash LeBron James, Tom Brady, and Tiger Woods. These guys get paid millllllions of dollars, why do we care if they get bashed on an internet message board? Regardless of who the athlete is, he is never going to be perfect and not have detractors. It's part of sports brother.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I dunno should the Ravens have made Flacco rich after his Super Bowl run, now that we know six years later that his contract produced exactly one playoff trip and zero additional rings?
Go with your player evaluation, not QB winz.

So you are saying there is nothing he could do ....... noted

remdak

Reaction score
Larry Brown was Super Bowl MVP in 1995, and Cowboys let him sign with the Raiders next season.

basilhayden

Reaction score
With Brady or Rogers we couldn't win the SB with this incompetent staff...

Red Dragon

Reaction score
To answer the OP: I doubt it would happen, but if Dak takes the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, wins it, and is MVP, sure that would change my view of him. For sure.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
For some reason we have fans that aren’t able to seperate our support of Dak with his leadership skills and winning ability from his weaknesses in passing.

Dak could win more Super Bowls and be one of the winningest QB’s in Cowboys history and still not be a prolific passing QB.

It’s only called out when we haven’t had the success. But if he has the success who cares if he’s still 18th ranked in passing?

leadership skill is still something to be proven to me. I mean he could very well have those. But that recent bit with Woody comparing him to Romo and touting what he heard. Well I don't know how much of that is that your current locker room should always be supportive of your quarterback, or else something is rotten in denmark, versus if those same players will still say the same thing long after their and dak's playing days.

The winning ability is also something I still have to witness, or moreso Dak's ability to win games versus for him being carried by others. I saw the winning ability in 2016. 2017 is a very ugly year to me. 2018 I've felt in games that coop, zeek and the D were carrying Dak. I don't see him doing all that many running plays that you see mobile quarterbacks do that win the game this year. In fact, his pocket awareness seems to get him sacked instead of get out of trouble at times. But actually, I'm not one who wants Dak to be a running quarterback. He is missing something he had in 2016, that took Romo a longer time to develop than Dak who had it in year 1. I like quarterbacks who scramble to avoid the sack, but romo had figured out that he didn't need to run the ball and threw it before he got to the line of scrimmage. Dak was doing that in 2016, but that has been missing from his game since. So I'm not quite seeing what Dak is doing to win the games versus that he had a nice defense that keeps the score low for the other team, and Zeek and Coop who seem to be our #1 and #2 players. I have said before, all that does matter is if Dak can win games, but I don't care how he does it, but I think I should be able to see when he does make a great play. I think it is possible for Zeek and Coop to be more responsible for the Ws, but I also don't think they can carry dak through the playoffs. It's a different game, so I think I should be able to evaluate Dak better and see if he can be responsible for winning.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Larry Brown was Super Bowl MVP in 1995, and Cowboys let him sign with the Raiders next season.

Think Larry brown was getting to slow by that point. If I remember correctly, he got torched on one play in the green bay game before the bowl.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It would.

But lets be clear though. Unless another player completely blows it out, the MVP default is the QB of the winning team.
Thats just how it works.
So, unless Zeke runs for 170 or someone gets 2-3 picks, the QB will get the award whether he played great or not.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Why just Dak, if we win the super bowl it should also include everyone correct, since this is a team. Lock in the kicker, Bease, B. Jones, Heath, Cooper, Woods, Garrett, Scotty and Jerry/Stephen as GM long term. Keep everyone since it's a SB winning team.