If you can only have one next year who is your pick? Cooper or Dak?

Polkton31

Reaction score
He does it against nobodies and in garbage time against somebodies.

He has the best talent around him in the league.

When he does it against good defenses when it matters, I'll change my mind.

No you won't. There will be some other excuse for the win, and another moved goal post.

erod

Reaction score
No you won't. There will be some other excuse for the win, and another moved goal post.
Lol, you must be new here.

I've been trashing statistical arguments here for over a decade.

kumizi

Reaction score
Is this even a choice? Who else would play QB for the Cowboys? The 5th best college QB from the draft? Nick Foles?

Polkton31

Reaction score
Lol, you must be new here.

I've been trashing statistical arguments here for over a decade.

I've had this discussion with you before. I know already... According to you, all 3788 yards and 23 TDs came in garbage time, and all stats are garbage. Good thing they use the eye test to determine who gets into the HOF.

Disagreeing with and trashing are 2 different things. In your opinion... you've been trashing them. In other people's opinions... you've been ignoring them.

PS. It's not even worth arguing with an egomaniac. Hope you have a great day!

khiladi

Reaction score
ehhh. He was in the midst of a downward trajectory, was being called out for his “lack of passion and love for the game” and you can look no further then our own board imploding when we traded for him to get a pulse of his reputation at the time. He’s obviously an incredible talent and would be fine regardless, but he definitely made himself a ton of extra money due to his move here and his resurgence.

Yeah, one year out of three is a ‘downward’ trajectory with a Raiders team in flux with Gruden and trading players like Khalil Mac. I guess he owes the Bears too...

None of what you said changed the point, our offense sucked without him and the “Dak-friendly” and Cooper owes Dak nothing. Multiple teams were interested in Cooper, it was Dallas that panicked and gave up a first immediately, because of their Davison to go “Dak-friendly” and say how this team didn’t need a number 1.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, one year out of three is a ‘downward’ trajectory with a Raiders team in flux with Gruden and trading players like Khalil Mac. I guess he owes the Bears too...

None of what you said changed the point, our offense sucked without him and the “Dak-friendly” and Cooper owes Dak nothing. Multiple teams were interested in Cooper, it was Dallas that panicked and gave up a first immediately, because of their Davison to go “Dak-friendly” and say how this team didn’t need a number 1.

yes. when the previous two were really good and the most recent is pretty poor that is a downward trajectory. i'm glad we are on the same page regarding such a simple concept. with that out of the way, I'm not out to change your second point because it's wholly irrelevant, and the entire reason i responded was to ask what it had to do with the other. dak did more for the boys than they did for him, but he has still elevated his stock since arriving. the change of scenery has done him wonders and probably raised his pending aav by 5 million or more thanks to us trading for him and his resulting performance. he has pointed out himself what the move did for his production.

khiladi

Reaction score
yes. when the previous two were really good and the most recent is pretty poor that is a downward trajectory. i'm glad we are on the same page regarding such a simple concept. with that out of the way, I'm not out to change your second point because it's wholly irrelevant, and the entire reason i responded was to ask what it had to do with the other. dak did more for the boys than they did for him, but he has still elevated his stock since arriving. the change of scenery has done him wonders and probably raised his pending aav by 5 million or more thanks to us trading for him and his resulting performance. he has pointed out himself what the move did for his production.

No, that’s not a downward trajectory. That’s what you, at most, call an off season, especially considering the whole context, especially with the Raiders rebuilding with a new coach and were a disaster.

And they both have everything to do with each other in relation to what I was responding to, which is this alleged claim Cooper “owes the Cowboys”, especially when the Cowboys offense sucked and panicked and was forced to make a play for a legit number 1 WR. Change of scenery benefiting a talented player had nothing to do with, “the talented player owing that guy”. This is like saying Khalil Mack owes the Bears..

What’s irrelevant is your responses to the fact that my two situations were related.

Proof

Reaction score
No, that’s not a downward trajectory. That’s what you, at most, call an off season, especially considering the whole context, especially with the Raiders rebuilding with a new coach and were a disaster.

And they both have everything to do with each other in relation to what I was responding to, which is this alleged claim Cooper “owes the Cowboys”, especially when the Cowboys offense sucked and panicked and was forced to make a play for a legit number 1 WR. Change of scenery benefiting a talented player had nothing to do with, “the talented player owing that guy”. This is like saying Khalil Mack owes the Bears..

What’s irrelevant is your responses to the fact that my two situations were related.

you're hung up on "owing" clearly he doesn't "owe". you seem to latch on to semantics because you are poor at debating.

The Cowboys needing Amari, playing poorly before he arrived, misjudging needing a number 1, and trading a first for him are stand alone facts. They do not having anything to do, or discredit or undermine the point that he greatly benefited by joining the team. Throw out his poor third season if you like, and he still outperformed his first two years in the league since arriving here. He's playing his BEST football here and right before he's due a contract. He would not be setting the market had he hit FA as a Raider.

khiladi

Reaction score
you're hung up on "owing" clearly he doesn't "owe". you seem to latch on to semantics because you are poor at debating.

The Cowboys needing Amari, playing poorly before he arrived, misjudging needing a number 1, and trading a first for him are stand alone facts. They do not having anything to do, or discredit or undermine the point that he greatly benefited by joining the team. Throw out his poor third season if you like, and he still outperformed his first two years in the league since arriving here. He's playing his BEST football here and right before he's due a contract. He would not be setting the market had he hit FA as a Raider.

You seem to have a hard time knowing the art of conversation. I was responding to a poster that has claimed multiple times that Cooper owes Dallas and Dak.

Yes, the Cowboys playing poorly, despite having a talented roster, outside incompetent QB play, and nothing like the situation of the Raiders other, has everything to do with the claim Cooper ‘owes’ Dak.
That’s nonsense.

The Raiders were in complete rebuild.

Proof

Reaction score
You seem to have a hard time knowing the art of conversation. I was responding to a poster that has claimed multiple times that Cooper owes Dallas and Dak.

this is true, I did jump in to an existing conversation and steer it elsewhere.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He wasn't coming back from 31-3 like this year. Romo was trying to outscore the worst defenses in Cowboys history.

Romo also had a couple of 5+ turnover games and lost some but also won at least 1. He had 5 picks and a fumble against the bills one time and he managed to pull off a win. In 2006 the giants led the Cowboys 33-7 going into the 4th and the Cowboys scored 15 in the 4th to make the final 36-22. In 2007 they got beat by the patriots 48-27 and the eagles 38-17. In 2008 the giants beat them up 35-14 and the eagles trounce them 44-6. The point here is in every one of those games Romo tried until the final gun went off to score and win just like Prescott. You brought up the defense for Romo but where was the defense that gave up 31 points to the packers and then turn around and complain that Prescott never quit and kept trying to score points.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Gotta go with the QB here. Cooper is an elite player but QB is the toughest position to fill and Dak has done that.

erod

Reaction score
Romo also had a couple of 5+ turnover games and lost some but also won at least 1. He had 5 picks and a fumble against the bills one time and he managed to pull off a win. In 2006 the giants led the Cowboys 33-7 going into the 4th and the Cowboys scored 15 in the 4th to make the final 36-22. In 2007 they got beat by the patriots 48-27 and the eagles 38-17. In 2008 the giants beat them up 35-14 and the eagles trounce them 44-6. The point here is in every one of those games Romo tried until the final gun went off to score and win just like Prescott. You brought up the defense for Romo but where was the defense that gave up 31 points to the packers and then turn around and complain that Prescott never quit and kept trying to score points.
I'm not complaining that he's trying to score points. Please, try to follow along.

I'm making the point that statistics are meaningless. I put almost no stock in them.

And just about every pro-Dak argument begins and ends with stats. It's nauseating. Dude throws a swing pass that goes for 50 yards in garbage time, and it gets treated like a 50-yard bomb to win the game.

He's a solid but middle-of-the-pack quarterback. He's not a $40 million a year quarterback. And that's what we're about to pay him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re going to sign Dak you have to sign Cooper. It makes no sense signing a QB to a 30+ million dollar per season contract and take away their number one target. One of the reasons Dak has improved so much is because of Cooper. We saw how bad things got a WR before Cooper arrived. Dak’s numbers started to skyrocket after we traded for Cooper. The Cowboys didn’t invest a first round pick on Cooper who’s been terrific and not intend on giving him a new contract. Cooper needs a solid QB and Dak needs a number one target. You can’t have one without the other and have success.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm not complaining that he's trying to score points. Please, try to follow along.

I'm making the point that statistics are meaningless. I put almost no stock in them.

And just about every pro-Dak argument begins and ends with stats. It's nauseating. Dude throws a swing pass that goes for 50 yards in garbage time, and it gets treated like a 50-yard bomb to win the game.

He's a solid but middle-of-the-pack quarterback. He's not a $40 million a year quarterback. And that's what we're about to pay him.

It's funny, not ha ha funny, that fans with zero NFL experience can say with such certainty what Prescott's skills and talents are yet there are people that actually have experience in NFL who say that Prescott has developed into very good QB and often point out the same stats you think are bogus. The one I like the most is how the Cowboys have the NFL #1 offense and have done that with a subpar running attack for half their games which means it must be because of the play of Prescott. An average QB doesn't lead the league in passing just from what he gets at garbage time. So this leaves just one thing, that no matter what Prescott does, the Prescott haters will never admit that Prescott is better than an average QB.

erod

Reaction score
It's funny, not ha ha funny, that fans with zero NFL experience can say with such certainty what Prescott's skills and talents are yet there are people that actually have experience in NFL who say that Prescott has developed into very good QB and often point out the same stats you think are bogus. The one I like the most is how the Cowboys have the NFL #1 offense and have done that with a subpar running attack for half their games which means it must be because of the play of Prescott. An average QB doesn't lead the league in passing just from what he gets at garbage time. So this leaves just one thing, that no matter what Prescott does, the Prescott haters will never admit that Prescott is better than an average QB.
Yardage is an absolutely ridiculous way to rank offenses. Very often, the team with the most yardage loses the game. It's meaningless.

Even more so when you consider that much of that yardage came in wins against opponents that are a combined 18-53, as well as a game Dallas trailed, 31-3.

Dak had 355 yards against Buffalo. Statisitically, he had a GREAT game. Did that look great to you? He was awful.

Beat somebody. Carry the team in a win against a team that matters. Then things will be different.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yardage is an absolutely ridiculous way to rank offenses. Very often, the team with the most yardage loses the game. It's meaningless.

Even more so when you consider that much of that yardage came in wins against opponents that are a combined 18-53, as well as a game Dallas trailed, 31-3.

Dak had 355 yards against Buffalo. Statisitically, he had a GREAT game. Did that look great to you? He was awful.

Beat somebody. Carry the team in a win against a team that matters. Then things will be different.

Here's what makes your thinking sink like the Titanic. Some losing teams SOMETIMES do have more passing yard than the winning team and it comes at garbage time, BUT you don't lead the league in passing from what a QB gets from garbage time. Second, Prescott leads the league in pass completions of 20 or more yards and TD's of passes 20 or more yards. I think it's funny, not ha ha funny that when the Cowboys lose like the packers game you want to put everything on Prescott and say nothing about the defense allowing 34 points and FOUR rushing TD's. Or the vbills game where the defense gave up an average of 5.9 yards per play and a total of 426 yards. According to you it's just Precott's fault.

Now I'll give you a time when a QB didn't lead the league in passing or had the #1 offense in the league but had a running game each week. the 2016 Cowboys that ended up 13-3. Prescott has gotten most of his passing yards this season due to the fact that half of their games the running game was subpar or nonexistent leaving just the passing game to try to win with.