If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?
LOL!

dfense

Reaction score
I'd give up a 4th rounder every year for 2 first rounders. What are we talking about anyways?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The answer makes no sense.....and Tony's health was fine in 2007 when this team won 13 games.......

I have no problem discussing or debating you guys but you guys have a habit of revising history to fit your truth.....I'm just not with it......sorry.

We weren't good enough to win a Super Bowl in 2007. We got beat by a team we beat convincingly twice in the regular season. Why? Because we couldn't make plays down the stretch when the game could have been won. Poor coaching and poor clock management, along with failing to make key plays cost us that game. How can you say we were good enough? We lost in the first round.

I don't think the problem you are experience here is a situation where folks are changing things on you. I think the problem is that you don't understand the situation. That 2007 team over achieved. They were not that good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We weren't good enough to win a Super Bowl in 2007. We got beat by a team we beat convincingly twice in the regular season. Why? Because we couldn't make plays down the stretch when the game could have been won. Poor coaching and poor clock management, along with failing to make key plays cost us that game. How can you say we were good enough? We lost in the first round.
They lost to the freaking Giants who almost didn't even make the playoffs lol. They lost by 4 points........You don't think they were good enough to win in 2007 but you think they are good enough to win in 2018 with a defense that doesn't generate turnovers and a offensive line that's inconsistent? Also with subpar coaching? What am I missing here?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They lost to the freaking Giants who almost didn't even make the playoffs lol. They lost by 4 points........You don't think they were good enough to win in 2007 but you think they are good enough to win in 2018 with a defense that doesn't generate turnovers and a offensive line that's inconsistent? Also with subpar coaching? What am I missing here?

So it's everybody else who moves the goal posts on you? Tell me, where did I say that the 2018 team was good enough to win? Who's putting words in other people's mouths now? Who's moving goal posts now?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes. Turning a 4th into two 1's. And one is a top 10. Then you go after the OSO QB. If you snag him with that top 10 picks, get an LT to eventually take over for Smith. No brainer for me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So it's everybody else who moves the goal posts on you? Tell me, where did I say that the 2018 team was good enough to win? Who's putting words in other people's mouths now? Who's moving goal posts now?
Did you not just sit here and say if we had Derek Carr we wcould win the championship? Or am I making that up?

"I would trade for Carr, depending on the terms of the trade, of course. Carr could win a championship here IMO."

Who wrote this?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did you not just sit here and say if we had Derek Carr we would win the championship? Or am I making that up?

What I said was that I believe Carr could win a Championship with this team. Those two things are not exactly the same so yeah, I guess if the option you are giving is, "Are you making stuff up", then the answer is yes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What I said was that I believe Carr could win a Championship with this team. Those two things are not exactly the same so yeah, I guess if the option you are giving is, "Are you making stuff up", then the answer is yes.

So Carr COULD win a championship here......means he COULD win a championship here....as in this organization is good enough to win a championship? But you're saying they aren't good enough? Huh?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So Carr COULD win a championship here......means he COULD win a championship here....as in this organization is good enough to win a championship? But you're saying they aren't good enough? Huh?

Next year, yeah I think that we could be good enough, if we have the right situation at QB. Dak would have to improve dramatically and we would need some guys to come back healthy along the Offensive Line, we would need some help Defensively along the line IMO but yes, I think next year that we could be good enough if we get the QB situation we need. Rams are going to get worse because they have cap issues coming. Saints, they go as far as DB decides to stay. Same with NE. KC is really the only one of the final 4 that might see improvement of talent.

So I guess what I am saying is yes, next year we could very well be good enough. This year, we were not. We would have never beaten the Rams because we were not smart enough, coached well enough and we didn't have the ability to score the Football well enough. Dak isn't that QB who can put up numbers quickly in our Offense. He just isn't that guy. You may not like that but that's just the truth. Carr is that guy, in the right Offense IMO.

visionary

Reaction score
Next year, yeah I think that we could be good enough, if we have the right situation at QB. Dak would have to improve dramatically and we would need some guys to come back healthy along the Offensive Line, we would need some help Defensively along the line IMO but yes, I think next year that we could be good enough if we get the QB situation we need. Rams are going to get worse because they have cap issues coming. Saints, they go as far as DB decides to stay. Same with NE. KC is really the only one of the final 4 that might see improvement of talent.

So I guess what I am saying is yes, next year we could very well be good enough. This year, we were not. We would have never beaten the Rams because we were not smart enough, coached well enough and we didn't have the ability to score the Football well enough. Dak isn't that QB who can put up numbers quickly in our Offense. He just isn't that guy. You may not like that but that's just the truth. Carr is that guy, in the right Offense IMO.

Yes, We 'could' win next year with

1. Better coaching
2. Better QB play
3. Significant improvement at DT, FS, and TE

So I guess, were not gonna be winning next year after all

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Fair enough. But Garrett's offense isn't meant to put up points fast. Dak is exactly what Garret's like. Take care of the football and control the clock. That's what our offense is.

I won't harp on it to much. We'll just have to agree to disagree on Carr. I'm just not sure what you are seeing from the guy. And while I don't care for guys like Goff or Wentz....I can at least see the argument for them with there stats. I'm not even seeing it with Carr's stats or his on the field play.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?

Not this year, but maybe the following one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fair enough. But Garrett's offense isn't meant to put up points fast. Dak is exactly what Garret's like. Take care of the football and control the clock. That's what our offense is.

I won't harp on it to much. We'll just have to agree to disagree on Carr. I'm just not sure what you are seeing from the guy. And while I don't care for guys like Goff or Wentz....I can at least see the argument for them with there stats. I'm not even seeing it with Carr's stats or his on the field play.

No. Garrett's Offense may not be meant to do that but if you get behind the 8 ball, you better be able to score quickly. You better be able to be accurate with the football and that's not Dak's thing in a lot of situations. Against the Rams, that's what it would have taken and Carr does that better then Dak does. That's just the truth so if you are asking about the game against the Rams specifically and our chances this season, that's how I see that.

I wonder if you have ever really watched Carr play? I have watched him quite a bit, going back to his college days. Carr is a lot better QB then I suspect you give him credit for. Even in a season like this year in Oakland, he put up better numbers then Dak did, in almost every category. If Carr isn't basically learning a new Offense he probably doesn't throw nearly as many INTs as he did this season but even then, look at the numbers. 8 of his 10 Ints this year were thrown in the first 5 games. He then goes on to go ten straight games with no INTs. He throws 2 in the last game against KC. That's only two more then Dak the entire season and he had much less talent to work with in that Oakland Offense. I honestly don't know that you can make the argument that Dak is all that much better in terms of taking care of the ball.

He is more accurate with more attempts, They are comparable in terms of turnovers. Carr has a much better Sack %, YPA are almost identical. The biggest difference in the two players is Dak's ability to run the ball but is that more important then Carr's obvious superiority in passing skills? I'd take the more accurate passing skills myself. I mean, all of this and Carr doesn't have nearly the tools around him that Dak has. You give Carr those tools and I can't imagine the numbers he would put up. I mean, if you are asking why, that's why. He is simply a better fit for Garrett's Offense and it would take less time to get him to a point where we could compete for a Championship IMO. No wasted years in development and we could then go out and sign FAs now that could help us win next year. At this point, we can't do that because we don't know if Dak is going to make the strides needed to be a Championship quality team. This is why. Just an honest evaluation.