If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yes. That's a no brainer unless..... my 4th rounder was a generational type player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It might be too soon to give up on Dalton Schultz but for 2 first round picks, it's a deal! :cool:

I think we should make them give us 2 high 2nd round picks on top of the two high 1st round picks for Schultz. Maybe throw in a 3rd rounder too.

RamziD

Reaction score
What an excellent post. I would also trade Tom Brady in his prime for the #32 pick, because that’s better than a 6th rounder.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeah but come on you know better than anyone here that completion percentage doesn't mean you're accurate lol. You can be accurate on short throws and miss the medium throws and come out with a good percentage. I routinely see him overthrow his receivers and under throw them. You watch him more than me. My sample size is small. I saw him in a few games last season on CBS.......just wasn't impressed by the guy. He doesn't come across as a guy who's making players around him better than you seem to think.

Like I said above, If Carr was better the Raiders would've built on their team and not tore it down. They traded low on Cooper. They could've got more for Cooper in the offseason so that shows they had high hopes for that offense and they realized it wasn't happening and got lucky the Cowboys offered a 1st when no one else would.

What you said before is wrong because the Raiders couldn't do that financially. I eluded to this earlier, the Raiders can not afford to do that. I asked you earlier, if your take on the Raiders was correct, why did they get rid of Cooper and Mack? If they are so good at evaluating talent, what happened with those two situations? And BTW, the Raiders have made no mention of getting rid of Carr, so far as I know of. The entire idea that the Raiders are not building around Carr because he isn't any good is a strawman, at this point. The Raiders have to cut costs, that's why they allowed Cooper and Mack to walk. This is not about Carr at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are betting your whole present and future on Jake Fromm State Farm???

No thanks

As opposed to what, betting on a 4th rounder from Mississippi St. and a HC who had two years of NFL Coaching Experience as a Quality Control coach and a QB Coach, before bringing him to Dallas?

Yeah, your right, what was I thinking?

But the Jake fromm State Farm thing was funny. LOL....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I wasn't considering a QB in the first round of this year. I simply considered what is being asked of the team in both sides with the support/pieces we have and am asking whether you would bolster it with 2 possibly top 10 picks.

The implication was getting those 2 picks for Prescott so you have to look at it from the same perspective I did.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sadly I’m sure there are better QBs as weak as this draft class is. Even in daks 4th pro season starting

Luckily for the Prescott and the Cowboys they obviously don't agree with you. Hatred never gives you 20/20 vision.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The implication was getting those 2 picks for Prescott so you have to look at it from the same perspective I did.
I'm fully aware about doubts of a rookie and the draft class being weak. I've considered our passing game plan, and team support to say I think if there is a drop off it's not going to be a big issue for is. Just need to make sure he can run since that seems to be the primary focus for our QB. No need to spend a 1st as I said, you can use those top picks to keep reinforcing support.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I like Prescott, but I would probably trade the Raiders Prescott if I KNEW I could get Kyler Murray for him and also take Carr in the trade at a reduced salary.

You'd take Carr? Unlike Prescott when the games on the line, Carr picks those times to throw picks. Second, with all the needs the Raiders have to fill I seriously doubt that they would give TWO top 10 1st round picks for Prescott. That's just a fan's bright idea that would never happen in real life. It's like those Dave Demeshek's N 'if' L videos.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm fully aware about doubts of a rookie and the draft class being weak. I've considered our passing game plan, and team support to say I think if there is a drop off it's not going to be a big issue for is. Just need to make sure he can run since that seems to be the primary focus for our QB. No need to spend a 1st as I said, you can use those top picks to keep reinforcing support.

I'm so happy that you're not in any potion to influence what the Cowboys do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There would be only one good reason to do this if there was a trade partner, 2020. That's the QB draft class with Herbert, Lawrence and Tua and they would need a fall back like picking up a FA QB for 2019 and 20 , if they wanted that rook to learn. Foles would probably be the target.

There are QB's in that class with a lot more "can't miss" to them than this class although Haskins could be a plum but someone is going up to #1 to get him. Stockpile picks for 2020 and the Cowboys are in a great place to pick any one of those 3 QB's. I can only imagine where Lawrence is going to be with another year under his belt and I'd sure rather see him in a Cowboys uni than a Giants or Skins.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
We have not used a 1st round pick on a QB since we drafted Troy so what would it matter . Jerry likes taking obscure prospects and making them franchise QBs its part of his mission to look like a football genius and it has worked so far so I don't see him abandoning the plan

So he has been a genius so far?