If you could have one QB next year in the draft?

kartr

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
What the....what does his passing style have to do with his ability to play? Where did you pull this out of? Don't tell me you are going to turn this thread into another pocket vs. scrambler thread again. Jeeze.

No - Simms isn't good because he has never been any good. It has nothing to do with his speed.

Troy Smith has been criticized about his height and style of play, yet he is accurate and makes good decisions and plays against quality opponents.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
kartr said:
Troy Smith has been criticized about his height and style of play, yet he is accurate and makes good decisions and plays against quality opponents.

:confused::confused::confused:

What does this have to do with Simms?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Yeah, Northern Illinois (2-2) and Cincinnati (1-3) are pure quality.

Does it hurt talking out of both sides of your face like that?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
The best pro QB who is draft eligible is Chad Henne. The player who'll be in the '07 draft and turn out to be the best pro is Tyler Palko.

I'm not sold on Quinn

Brohm will have to prove he can come back from injury.

Smith is a lousy QB, a lot of his yardage and TD totals come from having studs who catch dumps and make plays.

The small school darkhorse right now is Luke Getsy from Akron. Quality QB in a quality QB conference who doesn't get the hype but will be something at the next level. Aslo keep an eye on Drew Tate of Iowa.

That's such BS...You obviously don't watch him much.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, Northern Illinois (2-2) and Cincinnati (1-3) are pure quality.

Does it hurt talking out of both sides of your face like that?

Playing against the Big Ten...Texas and Notre Dame is quality.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Playing against the Big Ten...Texas and Notre Dame is quality.
Which is EXACTLY what Quinn has already done that he says is a weak schedule. I'm merely pointing out how inconsistent he is. And two faced.

My only comment about Smith was, and is, that he's too short for my tastes as an NFL QB. He came back with some weak crap about who Smith has beaten head to head and I schooled his no clue rear end about how insignificant that is.

Of the 2 schools I'll take Ohio State every day over Notre Dame and I'm not talking about in a game. I'm talking about a program I'd root for. The thread is about best college QB in America.

If you want to tell me Smith is better than Quinn you better be prepared to back it up. He can't. That's the bottom line.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Someone in this thread has been absolutely OWNED!

owned-bird****.jpg

Yes, that is a picture of kartr with a pigeon on his head.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize the word in the name of that pic...

Here's another one of kartr...

owned_help.jpg

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Which is EXACTLY what Quinn has already done that he says is a weak schedule. I'm merely pointing out how inconsistent he is. And two faced.

My only comment about Smith was, and is, that he's too short for my tastes as an NFL QB. He came back with some weak crap about who Smith has beaten head to head and I schooled his no clue rear end about how insignificant that is.

Of the 2 schools I'll take Ohio State every day over Notre Dame and I'm not talking about in a game. I'm talking about a program I'd root for. The thread is about best college QB in America.

If you want to tell me Smith is better than Quinn you better be prepared to back it up. He can't. That's the bottom line.

They both play quality.

As far as who is better it's all opinion...nobody knows for sure. There's nothing to back up.

My opinion is Smith.:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:
I'm an excellent judge of QB play.

:laugh2:

Says the fellow who thinks Jeff Blake being out of the league is a travesty.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
OKC.DC.Fan said:
Brian Brohm
Height: 6-4
Weight: 224 lbs

I like the way this guy looks, and have for some time. Louisville has been producing some good players lately.

But the injury thing is something you gotta look at.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
They both play quality.

As far as who is better it's all opinion...nobody knows for sure. There's nothing to back up.

My opinion is Smith.:D
You wouldn't want to put any money on their draft place would you?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alexander said:
:laugh2:

Says the fellow who thinks Jeff Blake being out of the league is a travesty.

not to mention his worship of a certain turnover prone, inaccurate, pothead QB who used to play here but got run here, run out of Canada and cant beg his way onto any NFL roster

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
not to mention his worship of a certain turnover prone, inaccurate, pothead QB who used to play here but got run here, run out of Canada and cant beg his way onto any NFL roster

David
Oh you had to go there...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Now I know he wont be coming out next year, But a name Id like to throw out there is Nate Longshore. I have known this kid since he was like 5... His dad was my football coach back in the day. He passed away this year. They are great people, and Nate comes from a Huge football background. His older brother nick played college ball as a d end. Nate comes from the same town that has produced players such as manuel white, tom osborne, Kyle Boller.. We have a very rich football town here in socal. Anyways keep an eye on Nate.... He has a live arm. and he is abig!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You wouldn't want to put any money on their draft place would you?

No I'm sure Quinn will go before Smith as I've told you before.

I also told you before that that doesn't mean they'll be right.

The NFL Draft is littered with people salivating over someone only to find out he's a bust.

The Draft is also littered with the likes of a Couch before a McNabb.

Not saying that Quinn will be a bust or Smith will be great...But their draft order means nothing in the long run. Only who is better as a Pro. And that remains to be seen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
No I'm sure Quinn will go before Smith as I've told you before.

I also told you before that that doesn't mean they'll be right.

The NFL Draft is littered with people salivating over someone only to find out he's a bust.

The Draft is also littered with the likes of a Couch before a McNabb.

Not saying that Quinn will be a bust or Smith will be great...But their draft order means nothing in the long run. Only who is better as a Pro. And that remains to be seen.
I'm willing to wait 10 years for payment.