If you could move anywhere in the US, which state and city would you move to?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BoltsNHorns, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    2,668 Likes Received
    No wait!!! What was I thinking? If I can live anywhere? I’m living on the backlot of either Universal or Warner’s!!!!

2. aria

aria Well-Known Member

7,252 Messages
    7,081 Likes Received
    I actually live in McKinney, about 30 miles north of Dallas. It’s a growing city with plenty of more room to grow. The taxes are getting ridiculous though, they've raised our property tax to the max for several years now. They have plans to expand the DART line to McKinney one day but it currently stops in Plano which is about 5 miles south of McKinney.

As you alluded to, age and health of a lot to do with it and something most of us will have to deal with one day. Another advantage I forgot to mention is no state tax and the hospitals available in the North Texas/DFW area are plentiful. There’s about 7-8 major hospitals within 15 miles or so from McKinney that soecialize in everything from cardiac, strokes, Level 1 trauma and even most major burns now.

Also, just every suburb has their own mefical service/ambulances (part of the fire department) that have very short response times. I was just thinking about this because I recently got back on a vacation from Montana and was thinking to myself how screwed someone would be if something happened to them as were driving.

nightrain likes this.
  3. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

3,877 Messages
    6,400 Likes Received
    McKinney is really nice. Beautiful downtown area.

aria likes this.
  4. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

2,193 Messages
    5,466 Likes Received
    Time to start saving for a camper van.

Furboy likes this.
  5. aria

aria Well-Known Member

7,252 Messages
    7,081 Likes Received
    Yeah, I’m just a few blocks from there. I definitely wouldn’t have said what I said earlier if I lived on the west side of McKinney. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really nice just more commercialized/sterile and doesn’t have the same “vibe” as the downtown area.

To be honest, I haven’t been to downtown Grapevine in years and I’m it’s changed a lot like downtown McKinney. I’ve heard a lot of people say how much they like it, I should check it out.

nightrain likes this.
  6. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,420 Messages
    9,889 Likes Received
    I’m partial to both lakes and mountains so maybe Tahoe, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, possibly Washington, or Oregon...