If you could move anywhere in the US, which state and city would you move to?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BoltsNHorns, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

10,054 Messages
    15,849 Likes Received
    The first time I ever stepped foot into Cowboys stadium was to see George Straight in concert.

lukin2006 and YosemiteSam like this.
  2. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

11,130 Messages
    15,716 Likes Received
    Prescott is not an elite city though; too inconsistent.

BigStar likes this.
  3. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

3,124 Messages
    9,462 Likes Received
    Just give me clean, clear ocean water, a tropical beach, shade trees, a hammock, nice hut with running water, electricity and internet, oil paints, canvases, brushes, iTunes, all broadcasted Cowboys games, respectable food and English speaking natives that don't get in my hair. I would not be against having Jimmy Johnson for a neighbor. Feel the tropical breezes flow across me in my hammock, breathe in the salt air, sit in the comfort of the shade as the sand gets hot, swim on my private beach and watch the sun set across the ocean a few thousand times. I'm going to start packing now.

4. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

11,130 Messages
    15,716 Likes Received
    Sounds like Jersey.

Xelda likes this.
  5. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

4,686 Messages
    4,975 Likes Received
    There's a lot of places in the country where you won't need anywhere near as much money as you need in super expensive Palo Alto.

Xelda likes this.
  6. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    6,490 Likes Received
    Austin Texas....Love da 'Boys
    Honolulu Hawaii.....Love Pineapple

RGV_C_Los, Xelda and lukin2006 like this.
  7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

16,081 Messages
    16,319 Likes Received
    While I understand and agree, I do like the country side there.

Xelda and CalPolyTechnique like this.
  8. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    Some do take their hockey seriously. I'm the rare Candian that prefers the NFL over the NHL. Calgary is nice. big city, but does feel big. In Calgary, you are a short drive to Banff for skiing and hiking.

Xelda and SlammedZero like this.
  9. lukin2006

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    The Browns fans are interesting. I always wondered why anyone would choose to be a Browns fan, here in Canada I will often see someone with a Browns jersey on, they choose to be Browns fans. If you are born in Cleveland or Ohio, being a fan makes perfect sense...

I had an Uncle who was a huge Cleveland Indians fan, he became a fan years after their last title in the '50s? He never saw them win a title, he was just there for awful baseball.

Xelda likes this.
  10. lukin2006

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    That sounds perfect. Jimmy would be a great neighbour.

Xelda likes this.
  11. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

1,504 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received
    We loved our time in Calgary. Very friendly and, as you say, close to Banff and the mountains.

Shortly after moving there, we went on a series of hikes around the Kananaski area west of Calgary. Many of the maps indicated the trails were not suitable for less than 6 people.

Being naturally curious, I asked the park ranger what was special about a group of 6. With a large friendly smile, he said quite matter-of-factly, "Oh, we've never had a grizzly attack with parties larger than 5". I immediately began searching for different trails.

If we had been in the states, I could imagine the ranger saying something like, "you're not from around here are you boy?"

Xelda, Londonboy and lukin2006 like this.
  12. ColoCowboy

1,504 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received
    We pretty much had the life style you described while living in Perth, Australia - substitute diving, snorkeling and boating for the canvas and paints, though. And... as much as we loved it, there was something missing for us - four seasons. I know, I know, idealic beach life and we more. Sure, why not?

Anyway, the idea of four full seasons is what eventually led us to the Colorado mountains. I am sure there are many other wonderful places to live in the states but, for us, this is our slice of heaven.

Xelda, Londonboy and lukin2006 like this.
  13. lukin2006

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    Oh yes. That is Grizzly country. Lake Louis is the hotbed of grizzly activity, from what I've been told. Albertans are about the friendliest people I have met.

Glad you enjoyed your time and got out and enjoyed the mountains.

Xelda and ColoCowboy like this.
  14. ColoCowboy

1,504 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received
    Yes, we absolutely loved it. With my job, I was fortunate to travel through Alberta, BC, and the Northwest Territories... what magnificent scenery.

Fredbeard, Xelda and lukin2006 like this.
  15. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,121 Messages
    28,596 Likes Received
    You left out cabana boy and pool boy. And I would never think you'd have the same young hunk pulling both duties.

16. lukin2006

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    BC is beautiful. Northwest Territories is on my bucket list.

17. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,121 Messages
    28,596 Likes Received
    I wanna know why BoltsNHorns limited us to one place? If I am doing the wishing, I am going for a place on the beach, Manhattan, the mountains and since I am being greedy, I'll add Vancouver, BC and would split my time between those 4, 4's enough isn't it?, don't want to get carried away.

I know me and if I were in paradise, I would end up taking that for granted and long for something different. So the idyllic lifestyle for me would be the ability to change locations to something different. Got the big city for the electric energy and the beach for the wind down, the mountains for the majesty and a cool place to hang and watch whales with exceptionally nice people.

Xelda likes this.
  18. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

5,970 Messages
    14,364 Likes Received
    That looks like some gorgeous country. I've always wanted to check that area out. Go see Calgary/Edmonton. The wife and I have talked about making a trip to go to Calgary/Banff.

Xelda, ColoCowboy and lukin2006 like this.
  19. lukin2006

7,517 Messages
    13,558 Likes Received
    You will not be disappointed. Banff is really nice, I prefer Jasper, fewer crowds. Take Icefield Parkway from Banff to Jasper, breathtaking views.

Xelda, ColoCowboy and SlammedZero like this.
  20. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

5,970 Messages
    14,364 Likes Received
    I really, really love the Oregon Coast. I've always talked about heading that direction. I like Portland, Oregon. It is a little rough around the edges, sure, but it's a solid city and it is only about 45/an hour from the Oregon Coast.

Flirted with Seattle a few times. Absolutely gorgeous city but it is super expensive and the traffic there is brutal.

CF74, Fredbeard, Xelda and 1 other person like this.