If you don't like Byron Jones pull up the game tape of Dallas playing Detroit

Kaiser

Reaction score
Pull up the game tape of Dallas playing Detroit on October 27, 2013. Megatron caught 14 passes for 329 because we didn't have a CB with any size that could cover a big WR. Brandon Carr had PTSD after that game for several weeks and it visibly affected his confidence.

Dallas filled its biggest defensive need a month ago when it signed Greg Hardy. Jones may not start right away, but when he does he solves our second biggest defensive need by giving the team a big CB who can cover the big WRs in the NFL.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Pull up the game tape of Dallas playing Detroit on October 27, 2013. Megatron caught 14 passes for 329 because we didn't have a CB with any size that could cover a big WR. Brandon Carr had PTSD after that game for several weeks and it visibly affected his confidence.

Dallas filled its biggest defensive need a month ago when it signed Greg Hardy. Jones may not start right away, but when he does he solves our second biggest defensive need by giving the team a big CB who can cover the big WRs in the NFL.

Wait, so if we do not like Jones we need to watch poor play from other players over a year ago?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Jerry said if Claiborne comes back healthy Jones will play FS. So bye Wilcox?

Bizwah

Reaction score
What did CJ do against Dallas in January?. Nothing. Meanwhile a one legged Rodgers picked the def apart cause no pass rush.

In a perfect world, we take a DE. But who was there?

Gregory? No thanks. He is a head case. He is a 225 pound DE! That will be rag dolled.

Now, a case could be made for OO.

revospeed

Reaction score
I like that we drafted a CB that has played in the cold after watching Sterling Moore act like he has a snowman.

honyock

Reaction score
Garrett just said they might play him at FS... which is awesome!

Yeah I heard the same thing, they are really emphasizing that he played two years at safety, and Garrett sounded like they'd probably start him at corner but be open to trying him at safety as well.

pansophy

Reaction score
What did CJ do against Dallas in January?. Nothing. Meanwhile a one legged Rodgers picked the def apart cause no pass rush.

I think they recognized that we weren't going to get legit pass rushing help this draft, and that's why they signed Hardy despite the off-the-field issues. It buys us a year for Lawrence to develop and get other guys next year.

Anyone know why we picked jones over say Brown at DT?

dwreck27

Reaction score
I was biting my nails thinking we could land dupree..

but I love the Jones pick as well...

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Best pick for what was left. Insane athleticism. more athletic than Patrick Peterson.

I'm just happy they let him come to us rather than moving up. And I'm certainly happy we didn't take a troubled, undersize DL.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I don't mind the pick, but the Pass rush is likely going to struggle again this year. And that's a bummer.