CFZ If You Don't Think Deuce Vaughn Can Play WR, Look at His Highlights

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe Vaughn can catch a ball. The problem here is the QB.
It's ironic the actual good wide receivers that played here never had a problem catching the ball from Prescott you know CD just had a career year, Cooper always seemed to be hit in stride, I mean did you not watch games last year like Pollard out of the backfield on wheel routes did you not see the Minnesota game, TY here a week and catches perfect pass on 4th and 17? Daltons had career years here, None of them have a problem catching the ball from Prescott..odd huh

Only players that have problems catching the ball are players who have problems catching the ball you know like they can't run a route to save their life like Gallup, Brown, Tolbert etc or worse they have balls clank off their hands for interceptions, again brown... you know the number two wide receiver for half the year, the other off injured wide receiver, oh and Hendershot I mean maybe if these dudes can actually run a pattern get open actually catch a catchable ball then Prescott's name wouldn't be brought up so much

Good try. Next

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn’t come close to watching the entire highlight reel, only a couple of minutes but on the very first play he was coming out of the backfield as a receiver. That’s a lot different than playing WR, especially in the NFL. They’ll have pass plays for him out of the backfield, and they may give him a try in the slot. But I don’t see them sending him down the field as a WR at his height. At 5‘5“ he’s not going to be winning any battles for the ball. You need a player with a least decent height who has some extension who can go up after the ball.
true not a wr but target int he pass game out of the backfield, in motion etc..

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Several of us draft nerds were talking about how good of a receiver Gibbs might be, as a RB. But if you look at Vaughn, he actually has a whole lot of Cole Beasley in him. My hunch is that Deuce is actually pretty strong in the passing game, but it was more or less kept under wraps on college, so that he may have a way to pave a brighter path for his NFL career.

There's also the fact that he can only play one position at a time, and was their lead back at Kansas, so he didn't get as much time, playing from the receiver position. But I have no doubt in my mind he can cause havoc in the short and intermediate passing games, because guys who are short, and can get, are hard to cover, even for taller, faster guys with the most fluid hips.. The fact he's practiced so many juke moves, like you can see several players in his background, so Deuce has studied Sanders, Emmitt, McCaffrey. The biggest issue for him will be whether or not he can stay healthy.

He's a pain to cover in the open field, especially in one-on-one situations.

He is not making the roster man. The guy is literally 5’4. Put it like this Danny Devito is 5’2.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Several of us draft nerds were talking about how good of a receiver Gibbs might be, as a RB. But if you look at Vaughn, he actually has a whole lot of Cole Beasley in him. My hunch is that Deuce is actually pretty strong in the passing game, but it was more or less kept under wraps on college, so that he may have a way to pave a brighter path for his NFL career.

There's also the fact that he can only play one position at a time, and was their lead back at Kansas, so he didn't get as much time, playing from the receiver position. But I have no doubt in my mind he can cause havoc in the short and intermediate passing games, because guys who are short, and can get, are hard to cover, even for taller, faster guys with the most fluid hips.. The fact he's practiced so many juke moves, like you can see several players in his background, so Deuce has studied Sanders, Emmitt, McCaffrey. The biggest issue for him will be whether or not he can stay healthy.

Honestly if McCarthy can figure it out we have a McCaffrey type weapon!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Deuce had more receiving yards than any RB in the 2023 draft...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Have high hopes for Duece but his catch radius can simply not support what Dak can deliver.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's ironic the actual good wide receivers that played here never had a problem catching the ball from Prescott you know CD just had a career year, Cooper always seemed to be hit in stride, I mean did you not watch games last year like Pollard out of the backfield on wheel routes did you not see the Minnesota game, TY here a week and catches perfect pass on 4th and 17? Daltons had career years here, None of them have a problem catching the ball from Prescott..odd huh

Only players that have problems catching the ball are players who have problems catching the ball you know like they can't run a route to save their life like Gallup, Brown, Tolbert etc or worse they have balls clank off their hands for interceptions, again brown... you know the number two wide receiver for half the year, the other off injured wide receiver, oh and Hendershot I mean maybe if these dudes can actually run a pattern get open actually catch a catchable ball then Prescott's name wouldn't be brought up so much

Good try. Next
I generally agree with you. I think Prescott is a bus driver, but he's got a good arm, and he's accurate and mobile enough that he's a top 10 guy. And there's nothing wrong with that. I actually think having some new weapons around will help him. On one hand, I feel bad Zeke is not a Cowboy. On the other, I'm excited to see the new young blood being brought in here.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Honestly if McCarthy can figure it out we have a McCaffrey type weapon!
Possible..

Deuce had more receiving yards than any RB in the 2023 draft...
I know. I think Gibbs will also be good, like we were saying. But the way Vaughn cuts will make him a good receiver, I suspect.

true not a wr but target int he pass game out of the backfield, in motion etc..
Motioning around, from RB to slot. I want to see him work on his long speed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I like the kid already, but we all know that he will get blamed for every errant pass that is aimed in his direction.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Good try. Next
:thumbup:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, so many that you can't post one.
That's not my job. You are the one asking for a video not me. There are some over at the Draft Zone also. Put in some time and go find some. Geez you remind me of my lazy neighbors kid who won't even walk down the driveway to get the mail so his mom won't have to.