If you hate on Dak, you don't know Jack

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If you hate Dak, you don’t know jack.
If you love Dak, you must be on crack.
For Dak is bad and Dak is good.
Still, the Cowboys don’t win like they should.

Yes, they win here and sometimes there.
But does anyone in The NFL care?
Our offense is bad. It’s putrid! A joke!
And it could send our season up in smoke!

For if Dak only throws for 200 yards
A Super Bowl won’t be in the cards
We need to get better. Now and fast
If we are to make this season last

tenor.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
These posts are asking for trouble.
Dak is a winner, but he has limitations with his accuracy and his anticipation. I believe both will improve over time, but it is very unlikely, almost impossible to imagine, that he will ever be a passer like Aikman or Romo.

That said, I love Dak as my QB. He’s a winner, and he has already proven that he makes plays instead of blowing it at crunch time. I was also a Romo fan, but I’ll take Dak and what he’s accomplished so far over everything Romo ever did. At crunch time for a playoff birth or inthe playoffs before the non-catch, Tony folded like an accordion.

Plenty of revisionists like to claim he never had Great teams, but that’s garbage. He was the QB of the #1 overall seed that lost in the first round. If Dak’s deficiencies don’t improve, and if he starts losing the critical games because he turns it over at crunch time instead of leading game winning drives, then I’ll be ready to move on, but not now.

Awesome post.

And let me add this- when Dak was drafted the plan was for him to be still sitting and learning from Romo at this time.

Dak got tossed into the fire and came away with instant success. But he was in a perfect situation in 2016 and it all kind of skewed our expectations of him.

For a fourth round QB that many scouts saw as a long term project, Dak's development is actually on schedule; if not a bit ahead.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That’s gotta play a huge factor. If they saw Aikman. Man. Comeon
Even Aikman had some limitations. He was one of the worst deep ball throwers at his time. He finally just started underthrowing open receivers on purpose to make sure of the catch. A huge # of Emmitt’s TDS came on Irvin tackled short of the goal line again and again....haha.

But Aikman was a surgeon on intermediate throws, and he combined that with leadership and being a winner.

Dak just need to be himself and build on it. He doesn’t have to be a top 5 QB to take us where we want to go.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dallas is just trying to sell Dak while winning conservatively on a great defense and Zeke.

It may work this year with the way the NFC East is, but there is nothing to think this defense will maintain such a high level of play for a few years or that Zeke, with the workload he is carrying, can maintain this level of play.

Cooper was shut out today like last week against a bad defense and he wasn’t see the coverages he saw with the Commanders and Eagles. Like I said, Cooper breaking out had more to do with the defense begging Dak to make those plays than Cooper himself.
Dallas isn’t trying to sell anything. They are just trying to win with what they have. ***** and moan or support the team. It’s all up to you.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but so-called Dak "haters," as we call them, don't really know what they're talking about.

He's no gunslinger, like Romo was. But as much as I loved Romo, I'll take a busdriver for the things he does, like be sure of his read before he throws, than someone who has a gunslinger mentality.

Dak is an athlete. If you can't see that, you aren't looking. That alone makes him a credible threat to defenses.

Dak is young. He's in his third year. Some QBs never start until their 3rd or 4th year. That says something about his game.

Dak has led us to the playoff twice in his first two years. He's young, but he overcomes being young by being mature. And being an athlete. I like that about him.

Dak is clutch. Like it or not, he's clutch. His game speaks for itself.

He's gotten better as the season has gone on. That's all you can ask of a quarterback.

He wins.

Haters can hate all they want. But when you hate on a winner, that means you're probably a loser. Why else would the haters hate so hard?

All of you Uncle Ricos can take a hike.

We clinched the NFCE with one game left.

That's all Dak had to do, and he did it.
worst post of the day. dak sucks. I may not know jack but I am sorry if we had a quality qb this team would be fighting to have the best record in the nfc.

mrmojo

Reaction score
How do we know this?
I’m as skeptical about Dak as anyone. But I didn’t see a ton of open receivers he missed. The tv angles don’t show downfield so I can only say what I actually saw.

Did you guys have a special feed with angles the national broadcast didn’t have?
Troy pointed out a few plays where receivers were open that Dak could/should have went instead of checking down.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak is better than Aikman is what someone wrote
I couldn’t believe it, I thought it was a joke
He sat there and with a straight face claimed
The Dak was on fire and the defense was to be blamed

We blame everyone except Dakota
Say linehans schemes are old like my Motorolla
He stands in the pocket like a freaking pole
But then praise him cause Maher made a 59 yd field goal
:laugh:

This thread is getting gooder and gooder each poem.
More, more!

khiladi

Reaction score
Hating on your hating? Keep on hating. It’s what you like to do obviously.

Once again thank you for giving me the option to continue hating. I truly could not have continued without such a fiery motivational speech on the level of Garrett’s clapping.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I'll just put this out for all of you beating this dead horse. Just who, why do you think Dak is weak or not a better QB? Do you numpties dump it all in th8s kids lap, or do you consider who is calling plays, plays btw thst are predictable as he'll and just plain suck. Also don't leave out he has Kellen Friggn Moore as a QB coach. Also don't forget the fact thus so called great o line of ours, has been owned damn near this whole season. No, Dak ain't no Brady or Rodgers, and I have my own reservations on him, but I'll be damned if I'll make claims that the stinky, anemic piss poor offensive play is all on him.