If you hate on Dak, you don't know Jack

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dak really does seem like a winner but this whole 2nd half heroics thing is getting old. Don't look embarassing the first half and the "clutch QB" conversation never happens.

For the way this team wins games (defense and rushing), Dak is I think good enough. He tries to prioritize ball safety and almost never throws interceptions, he just needs to stop fumbling.

He's really not your all star QB, that's not him and that's not how Dallas wins and I'm cool with it. I think Dak has room to grow but I just don't see an amazing QB out there right now.

At least he does seem to have a knack for wins, he's doing just enough to let the strengths of the team carry him. I mean, Romo is about my favorite Cowboy ever but Dak is already catching up to him on playoff experience.
You are right to an extent but this is like the 4th or 5th weeks he takes a sack to knock the team out of FG range. That is essentially a turnover in that situation.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Of course you realize that if we didn't get those two TD's off of Winston's fumbles ... we'd have lost the game.

But we did get the fumbles.

Based on what you are saying - well you know if Romo had just held on to the ball instead of fumbling we would have won that playoff game in Seattle. Who the hell thinks like this? You cannot change what happened, we played Tampa, we got two turnovers, caused us to have a shorter field and we punched it in for 14 pts. By your reasoning then what happens if Winston does not fumble and scores a TD? Is that Dak's fault too?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cooper's games outside of the two big ones with huge plays.

5 58 1
6 75 0
3 36 0
8 76 0
4 32 0
4 20 0

30 297 1

Avg 5 49.5 .16

Essentially 10 offensive pts today. 0 last week. 13 against NO. 14 against Ten. Low output through 3 quarters in most of the other games (wash the only exception - barely)

For the most part this offense is just as pathetic as it was before the trade.
Imagine how bad they'd be without him though? He does open it up for the other players, the biggest problem on this offense is the guy throwing the ball PERIOD

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But we did get the fumbles.

Based on what you are saying - well you know if Romo had just held on to the ball instead of fumbling we would have won that playoff game in Seattle. Who the hell thinks like this? You cannot change what happened, we played Tampa, we got two turnovers, caused us to have a shorter field and we punched it in for 14 pts. By your reasoning then what happens if Winston does not fumble and scores a TD? Is that Dak's fault too?
Dak is below average and no amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Romo would have led us to a week 17 win or go home scenario on the road vs a division opponent and blown it. Sound familiar? Give Dak credit for winning the division twice in his first three years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea I've only been following it for 45 years. Give me a break. I've been on Dak's side since the beginning so I'm not a hater but the Dak lovers that can see him do no wrong and the haters who were mad because he replaced Romo are just ridiculous. Some of us actually have eyes and can see his faults. The guy is average. He is a bus driver. That's who we have right now.

In his 3rd year, with bad coaching and a bad Oline, that's just fine. 20-25 2 TD's, no turnovers and a win. Perfectly done.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Imagine how bad they'd be without him though? He does open it up for the other players, the biggest problem on this offense is the guy throwing the ball PERIOD
Well, they are bad with him and bad without him. They actually get fewer points with him than they did without him (before today - and the defense and ST were responsible for more points than the offense today).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo would have led us to a week 17 win or go home scenario on the road vs a division opponent and blown it. Sound familiar? Give Dak credit for winning the division twice in his first three years.
We're likely playing for a bye or Home Field with a QB of Romo's ability.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea I've only been following it for 45 years. Give me a break. I've been on Dak's side since the beginning so I'm not a hater but the Dak lovers that can see him do no wrong and the haters who were mad because he replaced Romo are just ridiculous. Some of us actually have eyes and can see his faults. The guy is average. He is a bus driver. That's who we have right now.

Yah you have eyes. But you just don't understand what you are seeing. To say a 3rd year QB has regressed is just dumb. His Oline is banged up, they suck and the offense cant function consistently or at a high level because of it. In 2016 the line was great and the offense was balling.

If you cant see that, then you have no business in the conversation.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but so-called Dak "haters," as we call them, don't really know what they're talking about.

He's no gunslinger, like Romo was. But as much as I loved Romo, I'll take a busdriver for the things he does, like be sure of his read before he throws, than someone who has a gunslinger mentality.

Dak is an athlete. If you can't see that, you aren't looking. That alone makes him a credible threat to defenses.

Dak is young. He's in his third year. Some QBs never start until their 3rd or 4th year. That says something about his game.

Dak has led us to the playoff twice in his first two years. He's young, but he overcomes being young by being mature. And being an athlete. I like that about him.

Dak is clutch. Like it or not, he's clutch. His game speaks for itself.

He's gotten better as the season has gone on. That's all you can ask of a quarterback.

He wins.

Haters can hate all they want. But when you hate on a winner, that means you're probably a loser. Why else would the haters hate so hard?

All of you Uncle Ricos can take a hike.

We clinched the NFCE with one game left.

That's all Dak had to do, and he did it.

First of all i am happy to say i am not one of those who hate dak.

Still i think he is a bad player and one of the main problems we have on this team that is holding us back.

I today puked 3 times infront of my tv. Still cleaning things up.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, they are bad with him and bad without him. They actually get fewer points with him than they did without him (before today - and the defense and ST were responsible for more points than the offense today).
Maybe we can start blaming him for Dak's continuing trend of poor play. He may be the only guy that hasn't been blamed yet and a new scapegoat may be needed.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I love dak and back him as a person and our qb. But If you think this team has more than 2-3 wins right now without this defense you dont know football and that's a fact.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Guess you're right. Doesn't change the fact that he's a bottom of the pack QB.

Whatever you want to say to get through the night cupcake. Now run along and curl up in that fetal position and suck on that thumb because your bottom of the pack QB just won the NFC East for us.