If you have Dak below the Top 7, I can't take you seriously

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah I know I hate it but..when you beg for what happend today only to swtch the narrative, sorry thats a troll. I have been honest about the hater word but man im changing my mind as this ridiculous narrative keeps going...no way they are Cowboys fans ..sorry you aske and begged an when it happens you go right back to the player not the team...yup these guys are not Cowboys fans ..sorry.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we know your upset they won....Kinda like the rest of your "just win" crew ....no Agenda at all ...again they di what you want low passing huge runs Defense steps up and beats a team you said they would lose too.....sure snicker that win..Cowboys fan.

I respect Aerolion..some of you deserve no respect in your cloak and dagger..
I actually predicted a 34-31 Cowboy win.
Now take your bad manners and pent-up Dak frustrations elsewhere bud.
We don't do hate here......:muttley:

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak looked average, because SD played extensive zone. Dak has been mediocre and passive against zone for his whole career. This isn’t something new and was well documented even when they went and got Cooper. Dak’s numbers shot up in man coverage and completely sucked inn zone, which is why he got shut out against the Colts.

I said teams last week aren’t going to continue to give Dak all these man looks. What’s completely insane is defenses continued to give these easy looks for Dak with all this talent around him, which explains his inflated stats against horrible teams, especially with the dominant OL playing.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak looked average, because SD played extensive zone. Dak has been mediocre and passive against zone for his whole career. This isn’t something new and was well documented even when they went and got Cooper. Dak’s numbers shot up in man coverage and completely sucked inn zone, which is why he got shut out against the Colts.

I said teams last week aren’t going to continue to give Dak all these man looks. What’s completely insane is defenses continue to give these easy looks for Dak with all this talent around him, particularly with the OL playing like it has.

Dak was Dak......carried to win and this time even the Refs gave a hand.......

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was Dak......carried to win and this time even the Refs gave a hand.......

Look at the clear difference in play. Dak is basically a one read QB, surrounded by extensive talent. He’s not elite in anyway whatsoever. What you saw today was the same thing anybody that has actually been paying attention know. Once again, Amari “disappeared” against a heavy-zone scheme. It’s not in reality Amari’s fault, but the guy throwing the ball.

Dak doesn’t anticipate throw into windows and holes in the zone, which is why he looks slow against these types of defenses. He needs to be schemed looks. The numbers tonight were the same type of “GOOD” game he has against zone.

ELITE QBs with this RG, would light up defenses regularly and wouldn’t have issues in the red zone like this guy. It’s the RG and OL that has been carrying Dak all this time. Defenses simply give him looks any QB worth a grain of salt would exploit.

Despite this massive jump in production against man defense, Prescott has not had nearly as much success against a zone defense and his IQR has dropped from 100 to 84 with Cooper on the roster. Though he has an 80 percent completion percentage versus zones, it’s almost entirely short-pass based. He has no touchdowns and two interceptions on 91 attempts.

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Even when Garrett was calling plays and running 2 WR sets, while the league was generally running teams were defending Romo two-deep cover zone all the time. That’s why Witten was always catching balls, because he could at least exploit a zone.

And we didn’t have a RG with our journeymen OL that could force the defenses to respect the RG and bring that extra man in the box. When Romo got his new contract, Garrett was still bottom of the league in play-action usage, while with Dak they are at the top of the league. Garrett had and still has zero ability to blend a RG with a passing game.

This is without getting into the fact we used very little pre-snap motion, which was a common complaint among Giants fans last year.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0201002-432sh27qa5el5o7le3ddrwv3pa-story.html

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the clear difference in play. Dak is basically a one read QB, surrounded by extensive talent. He’s not elite in anyway whatsoever. What you saw today was the same thing anybody that has actually been paying attention know. Once again, Amari “disappeared” against a heavy-zone scheme. It’s not in reality Amari’s fault, but the guy throwing the ball.

Dak doesn’t anticipate throw into windows and holes in the zone, which is why he looks slow against these types of defenses. He needs to be schemed looks. The numbers tonight were the same type of “GOOD” game he has against zone.

ELITE QBs with this RG, would light up defenses regularly and wouldn’t have issues in the red zone like this guy. It’s the RG and OL that has been carrying Dak all this time. Defenses simply give him looks any QB worth a grain of salt would exploit.

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

The blind will never see the sun.
I can't even take them seriously anymore just appreciate the laughs that they produce here daily.
Dak is great and no matter what .....period!!!
He managed to get a win today and everyone and I mean everyone had to lend a hand!
Imagine Herbert with our offense??????
Enough for now....Best

khiladi

Reaction score
The blind will never see the sun.
I can't even take them seriously anymore just appreciate the laughs that they produce here daily.
Dak is great and no matter what .....period!!!
He managed to get a win today and everyone and I mean everyone had to lend a hand!
Imagine Herbert with our offense??????
Enough for now....Best

The Cowboys defended Herbert all day with cover 2 and was able to get pressure on him. San Diego completely abandoned the run to try and bring a man to the box and only really ran the last drive, where they called back their TD.

And yet, Herbert was still firing rockets all over the field and though he made his mistakes, it was obvious to anybody that knows QB play, who is the better QB in a new offense, in his second year and it’s not even close. The guy doesn’t care what your throwing at him and rarely gets rattled.

Dak is completely risk averse in zone defenses.

He was basically the bus driver when all was said and done, because the RG was easily pushing piles by the end of the game.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys defended Herbert all day with cover 2 and was able to get pressure on him. San Diego completely abandoned the run to try and bring a man to the box and only really ran the last drive, where they called back their TD.

And yet, Herbert was still firing rockets all over the field and though he made his mistakes, it was obvious to anybody that knows QB play, who is the better QB in a new offense, in his second year and it’s not even close. Dak is completely risk averse in zone and when he has to go through progressions.

I hear about these easy games coming up in our schedule.
It's never easy when your franchise QB needs a perfect game from the rest of the roster to win.
The field will tell the tale once again even though some eyes refuse to accept reality.

khiladi

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about Dak, everyone must agree he has some things to work on. For all those screaming about accuracy, you can’t teach that. However, you can teach throwing to an area and anticipation, and this is where Dak needs to get better. If he sees man coverage on the outside, Dak seems to relax and knows where he wants to go with the ball before the snap. You get plays like the one to Michael Gallup. You get plays like he made against Jacksonville, who stubbornly stayed in man coverage for a good portion of the game.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/10/24/dallas-cowboys-zone-coverage-is-daks-kryptonite/

To this day, nothing has changed.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, San Diego was a SB contender this off-season and Dallas wasn’t, because people are acting like we pulled off an upset. It’s like the Dak-stans were prepared just in case we loss.

I was actually surprised by our defense, because they were getting pressure.

I liked their heart today overall esp the defense.
In the end, carrying Dak will once again do this team in as they can only do so much with such an average talent at QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
I liked their heart today overall esp the defense.
In the end, carrying Dak will once again do this team in as they can only do so much with such an average talent at QB.

I said last week, teams aren’t going to give them the game-plan that Tampa Bay did last week, with all this talent surrounding Dak. You can’t constantly give 1 on 1 looks to guys like Amari on the outside all day long while the OL is blocking well.

This is why Dak starts to flounder around against good teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
It took Dak three years to recognize man coverage with no safety help on the outside when Amari Cooper basically yelled at him in the Eagles game, while the DB was sitting on the route. Before that moment. Prescott had 2 INTs and a fumble.

But he still looks like the risk averse, average QB against heavy zone. But lucky we have this running game that can actually impose its will on average defensive fronts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-philadelphia-eagles-dak-prescott/2262262002/

nobody

Reaction score
You are correct...
Romo was the worst in the Stadium

Nice troll. There was no reason to bring Romo up except to bait.

Here's a thought: Grow up.

Dak struggled but did what it took to win. People are allowed to criticize him without hating him. Honestly, I thought it would be game one he struggled since it was his first back in a while. Still, I have no complaints because he helped the team win.

BTW, there have been about 721 QBs who have started in the NFL since it's inception. Number 17 on the list for fourth quarter comebacks is Tony Romo. For career wins, he's number 47 on the list. He was far from a bad QB. He had a lot of the same issues Dak struggles with. Front office incompetence, coaching, defense, WR drops, ,etc. The one time Dak had an O-line as bad as Romo had a lot of his career, Dak was knocked out for the season.

Romo was a better passer than Dak and could read the field better. Dak is better in just about every other category. They are slightly different types of QB and there's no real need to compare them. Anyone who has to resort to badmouthing Romo now to prop Dak up is just being juvenile. Dak can stand on his own merits.

basel90

Reaction score
Ok... I'll submit that he's below perennial Super Bowl winning Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes.

As for the next tier.... the Allens, the Jacksons, the Watsons, and the Herberts

We all surrender that Allen has a stronger arm, but are the other attributes overwhelmingly in either's favor? I think Dak has more all-around better traits, but Allen's arm is definitely stronger.

Watson is AWOL, allowing other QBs to surpass him while he's on vacation..

Jackson is only been playing at this current level for 2 years. Elite coaches have not yet started to catch up with him to take away what he does best yet. Dak has been here 6 years. He has already survived the round of elite coaches gameplanning against him and came out from the fires still strong and burning. Guys like Colin Kaepernick, Jared Goff, and RGII were not strong enough to overcome that and they went away. Dak persisted and figured them out. Let's wait to see what Jackson can do once he gets that roundabout first, and it's quite possible he could fade away too.

You'd like to say Herbert > Dak, but Dak wasn't the one who threw 3 interceptions today. One was taken away by a bogus PI call on Kearse but in reality he threw 3.

Dak is 4-0 against Cousins in Washington, and subsequently ran him out of town. He's way better than Cousins.

Tannehill has not been looking good to start. Besides, Titans go up and down with Henry. if Henry has a bad game, Titans are toast.
Dak is around 7 at the moment . Herbert was better today . If not for these penalties against LA today , Herbert would have had 2 more Touchdowns . But Dak is playing great . He needs to score more touchdowns to put games away .

jnday

Reaction score
I’ve never made 3 threads about Dak in one day. What’s your agenda here? I mean I’m tickled pink you’re upset the Cowboys won, but what’s your agenda?
I am happy that the Cowboys won, as any fan should be. I have no agenda. Unlike yourself, I treat this message board as a source of entertainment instead of making it a controlling factor in my life. I don’t wake up every morning and worry about other people’s opinions of NFL teams and players. I certainly don’t call people haters because they disagree with me. I simply don’t care.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am happy that the Cowboys won, as any fan should be. I have no agenda. Unlike yourself, I treat this message board as a source of entertainment instead of making it a controlling factor in my life. I don’t wake up every morning and worry about other people’s opinions of NFL teams and players. I certainly don’t call people haters because they disagree with me. I simply don’t care.
:hammer:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I watched the game. Dak did not play well at all.

Pollards, the ref, and the defense getting a couple turnovers was the reason we won and I'm okay with that. Because a win is a win.

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty any day.

Dak did what he had to to win. He made the throws when he had to. We didn't need him to play great. But he played a good game.

jnday

Reaction score

And yet, Herbert was still firing rockets all over the field and though he made his mistakes, it was obvious to anybody that knows QB play, who is the better QB in a new offense, in his second year and it’s not even close. The guy doesn’t care what your throwing at him and rarely gets rattled.

Dak is completely risk averse in zone defenses.

He was basically the bus driver when all was said and done, because the RG was easily pushing piles by the end of the game.
If you will go back to 2016 and take a look at the trend that clearly shows the Cowboys win more games when Dak is a bus driver. As his stats increased over the years, the number of wins steadily declined. The team wins more games when Dak passes less and the running game is used more. This is not popular with the posters that live and die by Dak’s inflated stats, it clearly that the team wins more when Dak is not the focus of the offense.