If you think Dak is the guy then you'd probably accept anyone

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
wouldn't you agree that Dak isn't franchise material and that it would benefit the team to draft another QB and not mortgage the future by paying Dak? What Dak is asked to do and still struggles with I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find a suitable replacement and go through the process again.

We did this past draft.........Mike White. Next training camp he can prove himself.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hey another bash dak thread.

This has been used more than a high school cheerleader with Daddy issues.
Why reply then if its just another bash Dak thread? Everybody wants to say their say good or bad over and over again.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I'd imagine you were a fan and rooted for every single QB from Aikman to Romo and all of them in between, no doubt.

Is this the kind of offense you wish upon our team? Dink and dunk and if the secondary allows for it take a shot deep down the sideline?
who on the roster could do better?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don’t know but QBs with half of Daks athleticism are looking to get out of the pocket to extend plays.

How many times today did Luck make plays with his legs?

It’s such an important trait for that position now days and he has the athleticism to do it but he just eats sacks.
The only reason I asked is because there was one particular play where Tyron had taken his guy clearly out of the play. There was a lane to the left where Tyron had vacated and nothing but God's green earth ahead. Dak stood there in the pocket as if it was something that was coached into him when I have seen him take off in that instance numerous times in college.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd imagine you were a fan and rooted for every single QB from Aikman to Romo and all of them in between, no doubt.

Is this the kind of offense you wish upon our team? Dink and dunk and if the secondary allows for it take a shot deep down the sideline?
I wish we had a coach!!!! One that would coach him up, or put him on the bench.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"He sucks! I wish we had a new guy because he sucks!"

"I like this new guy! I do not think he sucks like the old guy!"

"They got rid of that old guy! Good because he sucked!"

"The new guy sucks! I wish we had a new new guy because..."

Life is a merry-go-round. Some passengers get off. Then the same passengers get back on and act like they never rode the earlier ride...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No way for us to know but since most QB’s in the league move outside the pocket extending plays I think it’s fair to assume Dak needs to move out of the pocket when he senses it collapsing. The bigger question is does he sense or feel it?
It could be less about what he senses or feels and how he is being coached to address it when the pocket appears to be breaking down. See my response to Catch.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
If we were going to get a new QB I'd go for broke , aim high , trade the draft , whatever...get someone top 5 or the potential to be ...why settle , all ready doing that

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don’t know but QBs with half of Daks athleticism are looking to get out of the pocket to extend plays.

It’s such an important trait for that position now days and he has the athleticism to do it but he just eats sacks.
Dak made zero attempt to run today. There was room quite a few times. It would have kept the defense honest.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak sells jerseys and provides enough hope to build around. Jerrys staying with him.

It’s up to Garrett to find a way to win with him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Why do some fans act like we have a say in who plays for the team? Just because some of us don't make 100 "Dak sucks" posts a day doesn't mean we think he's going to bring Dallas a SB. I'd like to clone Roger Staubach, but we get whoever Jerry and company put on the roster.

Do you think Jerry is going to read this board and have an epiphany? I'd almost swear some of you think he might. :muttley:

Coy

Reaction score
Hard to really judge Dak with the OL scraping the bottom of the barrel and worst coaching staff in the league doing what they do.

Well, this OL is blocking for the leading rusher in the NFL, so I wouldn’t be saying “scraping the bottom of the barrell” now as far as coaching, I totally agree with you.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

Yeah - but.... Luck had pretty nice protection all day. Or was it just me who got that impression?

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I am losing faith in the guy. Really. He misses way , way too many important throws. When you dominate like that and leave points on the field. That is just bad.I am sure Dak will bounce back next week. But, something, has to be done about the long ball.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

Aikman was the Cowboys first qb?