If you think Dak is the guy then you'd probably accept anyone

Dre11

Reaction score
I don’t know but QBs with half of Daks athleticism are looking to get out of the pocket to extend plays.

How many times today did Luck make plays with his legs?

It’s such an important trait for that position now days and he has the athleticism to do it but he just eats sacks.

Yet, had Dak not passed over 200 yards like Luck, you'd be having a cow

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak is who we thought he was! The warts we saw before are still there. He needs a very good defense and outstanding OL and RB to be successful.

No. He needs one or the other, he just can't have neither. Just like 95% of QBs

A great RB does nearly nothing as today highlighted

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That dude sucks.
He was enough with top defense and running game.

Will our top defense and running game be enough to carry Dak.

And if I recall correctly Flacco had some big performances in the playoffs. Maybe Dak can have his best performances on the biggest stages?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He was enough with top defense and running game.

Will our too defense and running game be enough to carry Dak.

And if I recall correctly Flacco had some big performances in the playoffs. Maybe Dak can have his best performances on the biggest stages?
That was years and years ago.

I believe the poster was referring to current Flacco

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not according to Jerry. Jerry put JG over the D back in 14.

No, because at times you can see Dak being given the correct plays. And then suddenly everyone runs to the defender and stops. We go to these long developing routes and often at strange times.

I'm one of the few who never thought Dak was all that. Yes, even in his rook season. However, there's still some developing that can be done, but to maximize, we must get a playcaller who understands what Dak needs and gives it to him. What we're calling is all too often not it.
He put Jason over developing the Defense which I’d describe as more in the building of it not coaching?

I’m ok with a new playcaller. But Dak still has to execute. Many of the throws we’re seeing in the NFL I’m not sure Dak can make consistently?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
everyone ignored my posts about salaries and the cost of signing a QB to a new deal, ya'll just wanted to fight so I'll say it again.

A Dak replacement for next year sailed out of the harbor when we gave Oakland our 1st for Amari. Dak's got one more year on his rookie deal and then we'll have to make a decision - is this level of production good enough to give 20+ million a year for 4 or 5 years...with most of it (or all of it) guaranteed? Kirk "not a top 10 QB" cousins just got a FULLY guaranteed deal...like it or not every QB's agent from here on out is going to insist upon 100% guaranteed money. Dak will be no different.

So, in 2019 our choices are giving 80-100 million to Dak Prescott, and waving goodbye to someone like zeke or DLaw because we can't afford to pay everyone - or we can franchise Dak, pay him a bunch of money for 1 year while we make plans for a cheaper replacement. Or we can let him walk, sign a bridge QB who will likely only give us middling production to get us to our next 1st round draft pick.

I'd be ok with franchise tagging him for a year and paying him big bucks for just one season - what absolutely cannot happen is for us to get locked into him for 4 ro 5 years and 100 mil plus unless he turns it all around next year and sudddenly becomes an elite QB (the chances of this being pretty slim)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1st thing I'd ask is the dink and dunk 100% entirely on Dak or is the scheme and game planning dictating?
Personally I believe they’ve had to scale the playcalling down to cater to Daks ability because he isn’t capable of making all the throws consistently.

On 3rd and long we don’t even try to go downfield anymore. I’m not sure defenses have to play 20 yards beyond the LOS. And why our biggest plays are runs after the catch.

And our Redzone offense is almost non existent with our most effective play Dak running. That’s not all on a scheme but rather the limits of Dak IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For Flacco? His play has fallen off a cliff.

Luckily for the Ravens he got hurt and now theyre winning games again with a rookie replacing him.
Sure, they needed mobility without a championship team around Flacco.

Flacco was more than a solid Bus Driver. He could make all of the throws.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Give Dak the same Tecmo Bowl Play book we've used for 10 years, if he doesn't execute its on him .

___2371034.gif

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I have removed my emotions from this... The reality is Dak is a third year QB who is still growing into the hardest position in all of sports. Did anyone see Goff tonight? SMFH

Please look at the offensive line and the offensive coordinator while you're at it... PERSPECTIVE

blueblood70

Reaction score
One day, hopefully, fans will finally understand that stats are meaningless. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Anybody who knows anything about football saw that Luck had a pretty nice game, and Dak was an embarassment.
NO not one player aside from Zeke played well, coaches sucked and our oiline was decimated, Luck had a solid oline and running game.. stats are used to show Luck wasn't that great but won because they played ball like we typically do, complementary ball control offense with solid defense.. we fell apart NOT JUST DAK>>jeez

erod

Reaction score
NO not one player aside from Zeke played well, coaches sucked and our oiline was decimated, Luck had a solid oline and running game.. stats are used to show Luck wasn't that great but won because they played ball like we typically do, complementary ball control offense with solid defense.. we fell apart NOT JUST DAK>>jeez
Dallas has failed to score a touchdown in 10 of the last 11 quarters. Please explain how that' is "complimentary offense". Lol, that's just bad offense.

kskboys

Reaction score
No. He needs one or the other, he just can't have neither. Just like 95% of QBs

A great RB does nearly nothing as today highlighted
You're confusing correlation w/ causation. We did not lose due to Zeke's performance.

kskboys

Reaction score
everyone ignored my posts about salaries and the cost of signing a QB to a new deal, ya'll just wanted to fight so I'll say it again.

A Dak replacement for next year sailed out of the harbor when we gave Oakland our 1st for Amari. Dak's got one more year on his rookie deal and then we'll have to make a decision - is this level of production good enough to give 20+ million a year for 4 or 5 years...with most of it (or all of it) guaranteed? Kirk "not a top 10 QB" cousins just got a FULLY guaranteed deal...like it or not every QB's agent from here on out is going to insist upon 100% guaranteed money. Dak will be no different.

So, in 2019 our choices are giving 80-100 million to Dak Prescott, and waving goodbye to someone like zeke or DLaw because we can't afford to pay everyone - or we can franchise Dak, pay him a bunch of money for 1 year while we make plans for a cheaper replacement. Or we can let him walk, sign a bridge QB who will likely only give us middling production to get us to our next 1st round draft pick.

I'd be ok with franchise tagging him for a year and paying him big bucks for just one season - what absolutely cannot happen is for us to get locked into him for 4 ro 5 years and 100 mil plus unless he turns it all around next year and sudddenly becomes an elite QB (the chances of this being pretty slim)
They ignored it because we've had several threads about it already and have discussed it ad nauseum in the threads that are about that.