If You Were Dak

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'd try to get the best deal I could and get Jerry to hire my college HC Dan Mullen.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing that my con-Job isn't panning out and my 15 min of glory are almost at the finish line I'd pack in as much Cash as I can and save every penny as the future is indeed bleak and reality of his situation is coming on fast!

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?

Play with who brought ya. Fans don't want to root for Logos and Laundry. They root for their players and their team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Seeing that my con-Job isn't panning out and my 15 min of glory are almost at the finish line I'd pack in as much Cash as I can and save every penny as the future is indeed bleak and reality of his situation is coming on fast!
He isn’t doing the smart thing. JJ wants to sign him long term and Dak wants a short deal so he can cash in twice. Take the 7 years for 25 per year but get that guaranteed and signing bonus.. Could have been set for life before the season started...

ArtClink

Reaction score
I'm sure that QB post has it's benefits as well-- and will come available in 2033 when the GOAT finally decides to hang em up lol

You might be right but Buffalo Bob Kraft is the reason Garrapolo is not the Pats starter. I doubt Brady will resign w Pats and I could see Belachik wanting a qb who threw for almost 5000 yards for a dysfunctional franchise w subpar hc and an off coordinator w no experience.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isn’t doing the smart thing. JJ wants to sign him long term and Dak wants a short deal so he can cash in twice. Take the 7 years for 25 per year but get that guaranteed and signing bonus.. Could have been set for life before the season started...

Just don't see it with Dak as he has not shown the talent level to warrant a mega-deal at this point.
JJ is no longer sold on Dak he had his chance and proved he is what the GM's of the NFL stated when polled a Tier 3 QB.
Even the Tag might not be an option that we shall see in the off-season.
Dak Prescott will be on someone's bench at some point in 2020....mark it as he simply doesn't have what it takes!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just don't see it with Dak as he has not shown the talent level to warrant a mega-deal at this point.
JJ is no longer sold on Dak he had his chance and proved he is what the GM's of the NFL stated when polled a Tier 3 QB.
Even the Tag might not be an option that we shall see in the off-season.
Dak Prescott will be on someone's bench at some point in 2020....mark it as he simply doesn't have what it takes!
That’s why I said he should have signed before the season when he wanted the long term deal. He gets tagged and it’s around 32 million. If he tanks then he lost 100 million. Lol.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
The guy is a 4th round pick making 4th round money. He should do every endorsement he can. And so would you. If you say otherwise you are a damn liar. Dak should go get every nickel he can over the next 10 years and then retire without a worry in the world. We all would do the same.
Comparing him to Brady is ridiculous. Brady has his money and Giselle’s money. Geesh some of you guys are ridiculous.
Why are you crying??

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Test the market, he'll realize that nobody in the NFL thinks as highly of him as Jerry does.

The testing of the market is a bluff to raise the pay day.. Jerry knows his world is where players want to shine...:starspin:

khiladi

Reaction score
You didn’t see improvement before he got injured? I know you’re smarter than that....

No, his suckage wasn’t because if the injury. His inconsistency, particularly, when things aren’t going well are his MO going all the way back. Even in college it was like that. He could be accurate, but sail high and behind all the time. He’s had significant stretches this year prior to he ‘injury’ where he looked really bad.

He’s improved at the BASIC defensive looks he’s been getting all year, but four years to throw deep against one safety high and man on the outside, is a hell of a long time to ‘improve’. And it coincidentally came when his OL was playing as the top ranked pass blocking line in the league.

So he is what he is.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?

Many players would "take less" if not for agents.

When a media person asked Dak about the 35M rumors, Dak said he didn't expect that much. He stopped answering contract questions after that and his agent "reportedly" freaked when Dak made that comment.

Can't "test the market" while on the Franchise Tag.

Even on the non-exclusive tag the Cowboys can match offers.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
No, his suckage wasn’t because if the injury. His inconsistency, particularly, when things aren’t going well are his MO going all the way back. Even in college it was like that. He could be accurate, but sail high and behind all the time. He’s had significant stretches this year prior to he ‘injury’ where he looked really bad.

He’s improved at the BASIC defensive looks he’s been getting all year, but four years to throw deep against one safety high and man on the outside, is a hell of a long time to ‘improve’. And it coincidentally came when his OL was playing as the top ranked pass blocking line in the league.

So he is what he is.

I didn’t follow his college days so I’ll have to take your word for it. But to be fair he’s been under you’re boy Garrett, what chance has he had to crack the next level?:muttley: