If You Were Dak

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would go for the highest dollars I could get. He could get tagged for 32.5M this year and around 35M the next and then do whatever he wanted to do. Pocket 68M plus the ridiculous amount of endorsements and still be in his prime when he's free.

They have to resolve the HC and the OC and QBC situation before they talk to him about his deal. He also might want to know what they intend to do with Cooper, Cobb and in the draft/FA at WR and TE.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes holding out is always a last resort option...
And most players send their intent before tagged. Bell did and several others but got tagged anyway and had it called as a bluff. The JAX guy bluffed and reported, Bell didn't.

It was interesting that Lawrence said he's OK with being tagged before they even started the process. I do think that had something to do with his final contract.

They have the choice of tagging QB, CB or WR. If they tag one of those, that should be the first pick in the draft and seen as only a one year holdover.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
If I was Dak, I'd continue working on my throwing mechanics under Kitna and become a student of the game at a Sean Lee type level.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If I was Dak I wouldn't play for Dallas unless Garrett is replaced with a real coach. Playing for another puppet just sets him up to be Romo 2.0 and take the fall in the eyes of fans for a trash organization.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?
Its a dream job if your a good QB..Don't remember seeing Pelluer, Carter or Hogeboom doing any yogurt commercials on national TV

romonumberone

Reaction score
We got rid of the Offensive Coordinator in 2018. We got rid of the head coach in 2019. The next person to get the blame will be the QB.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If I were Dak I would do whatever nets me the most money. NFL careers are short.
What he and his agent really need to figure out is how long the offensive line has here before it completely dries up... and causes Dak to be banished to the XFL. If he can hoodwink some other team to give him a big deal before that happens after maybe two franchised years that would be the best play. If the OL dries up while he’s still behind it then it’s game over.

Swagger

Reaction score
Just don't see it with Dak as he has not shown the talent level to warrant a mega-deal at this point.
JJ is no longer sold on Dak he had his chance and proved he is what the GM's of the NFL stated when polled a Tier 3 QB.
Even the Tag might not be an option that we shall see in the off-season.
Dak Prescott will be on someone's bench at some point in 2020....mark it as he simply doesn't have what it takes!

Blake Bortles style

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
True. Your posts were about what you think he’d do, as written

Incorrect. It’s an offseason thread about what YOU would do, not what you think He would do.

Proof

Reaction score
Incorrect. It’s an offseason thread about what YOU would do, not what you think He would do.

I know what the intent of the thread is. The way you wrote your post doesn’t read like you were responding in kind

rags747

Reaction score
I'd say 3 year $100m fully guaranteed & wait to see what the new CBA does.
New 2020 monies have already been announced I thought, going up Bigly to the tune of $180-200m I’m thinking.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
There are only a handful of teams that have Top 3-5 QBs.

Just spitballing here, but I would guess that the number of teams with top 3-5 QB's is somewhere between...

wait for it...

3 and 5. :laugh:

To say that Dak is a top 10-15 QB is statistically demonstrably false, but keep hating and get ready to rant when Jerry gives him a 5-year contract.