If you were GM of the Cowboys would you have tried to get T.Hill?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ok lets say jerry put you in charge of cowboys 2 weeks ago, would you have tried to get hill?
This includes that jerry wanted amari gone regardless.
Also I dont know hill , but whether I like him or not, I know his value to a team. So that is what is important
if your a GM.

Hill is a dynamic WR, one of the fastest wr, and importantly he is good at catching a short to midrange pass
and getting yac, breaking a big run off a short pass.

This is what dak needs, more than a guy who can run deep passes, as dak is 50 50 on those longer passes.

you can use hill on a reverse, in backfield, short, medium , and long.

He is also good at clearing areas, and getting dbl covered to clear a area for another wr.

He would have been perfect for Dak.

And if I had to trade lamb to get picks back, I would then trade lamb.

Hill is by far better than lamb.

So jones boys made no effort or try to get him, is that stupid? If you try and fail, thats ok, and I dont
mean stephen low balling hill lol.

I was just watching the kc dallas game , and KC is going to miss hill, they were stupid to not resign him.
and I cant believe Miami of all teams got him ! So many teams besides dallas blew a chance at one
of the best wr in the nfl.
I would have signed a professional G and DT. But that’s me.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
No. Way too much to give up for a receiver. You only give up that much for a QB. Not sure how many years Hill has left at the top if his game as well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would have signed a professional G and DT. But that’s me.
if they are good, most teams dont let them go. And if they are good or have a rep they are expensive too.
you have to draft those, and you can only do that after a bad year when you pick high.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They are playing Dak as if he's better than he is at certain things. This team is notorious for doing that, being absolutely awful at player evaluation. Did the same thing to Romo. We're quite simply a very dumb team.
yeah romo was a roll out type qb, and JG wanted him to be a pocket passer. That led to him getting beat up.

I think same thing with dak, they want him to be the typical pocket passer, and that doesnt suit his abilitys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you said, but an elite WR would be wasted as long as we have a dual liability QB in Dak. If we are stuck with him, our only chance is to develop the defense and run game and hope for the best.
Well dallas isnt going to a SB no matter what they do lol, and hill would have made the season games more fun to watch.
And jerry could have sold a lot of his jerseys!:D

Our defense is not going to be built up the right way, so I doubt it gets too good. They refuse to get a big DT, and go for the wrong guys for DE,
Draft guys like the rapper corner lol.
They already said they wont use parsons as FT pass rusher, so that limits his talent for that.

And the run game with elliot as primary back, and kellen as OC , isnt going to happen. 2 good games rushing a year is about it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Heck what if they had got hill and metcalf, then trade lamb and gallup!

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Well dallas isnt going to a SB no matter what they do lol, and hill would have made the season games more fun to watch.
And jerry could have sold a lot of his jerseys!:D

Our defense is not going to be built up the right way, so I doubt it gets too good. They refuse to get a big DT, and go for the wrong guys for DE,
Draft guys like the rapper corner lol.
They already said they wont use parsons as FT pass rusher, so that limits his talent for that.

And the run game with elliot as primary back, and kellen as OC , isnt going to happen. 2 good games rushing a year is about it.
Unfortunately I agree that is all the most likely (by far) outcome. I'm basically hoping for a freak occurrence.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree that is all the most likely (by far) outcome. I'm basically hoping for a freak occurrence.
Well I will wait till they draft, see what they do, you never know what they will do lol.
I think they are done in FA except for some low level players or worn out vets all of whom are CHEAP!

regardless I expect a repeat of last season at best. If one of the other nfce teams steps up to contend it could be worse.
It is just hard to see any of the east teams rising up, but it is possible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
if they are good, most teams dont let them go. And if they are good or have a rep they are expensive too.
you have to draft those, and you can only do that after a bad year when you pick high.
Why did they clear up all that cap space? Also I wasn’t saying they should sign Aaron Donald. There were several Gs signed at decent levels.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yeah romo was a roll out type qb, and JG wanted him to be a pocket passer. That led to him getting beat up.

I think same thing with dak, they want him to be the typical pocket passer, and that doesnt suit his abilitys.
actually, his stats are better as a drop back QB from the pocket than when he is on the move....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why did they clear up all that cap space? Also I wasn’t saying they should sign Aaron Donald. There were several Gs signed at decent levels.
they cleared it to complete the roster by September 1st,
i mean is the off season over?? UMM NO its not, draft picks potential cuts post draft and June 1st cuts many players still out there worth signing and when they know what holes they need to fill before camp and before game 1 which btw is 6 MONTHS FROM NOW, they will spend more of what they have left in the cap. a list came out, they are not at the top of the low spending list, in the middle of left cap to spend..so lets calm down. they could sign or trade guys all the way up to the trad deadline to improve the team..

calm down!:rolleyes:o_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hell no! Dallas could have Jerry Rice & as long as Moore is holding that clipboard, he too would be a waste of talent!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If a QB can only operate when rolling out, it won't be hard for teams to take that away. Which is what had happened to Romo. He was forced to learn to operate from the pocket.
yeah I remember a philly game where they kept him in pocket, and dallas lost, and that started the whole pocket thing.
But not every team is going to do that, play pocket passer is they make you, otherwise roll out if that suits you.

Russel wilson is similar, he likes to roll out to see better, and teams have stopped him, but it is only a few teams or for short while, and then he does it again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol , no telling it is the jones boys !!
but it doesnt look like they intend to use it this season, maybe after the draft they might.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If a QB can only operate when rolling out, it won't be hard for teams to take that away. Which is what had happened to Romo. He was forced to learn to operate from the pocket.
all NFL QBs have to be able to throw from the pocket. if you can't, you are going to get figured out and be limited. if you can't DCs are going to make sure you are forced to throw from the pocket and contain you. rolling out, throwing on the run, running ability, scrambling are all icing on the cake. but there has to be cake first.

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah I remember a philly game where they kept him in pocket, and dallas lost, and that started the whole pocket thing.
But not every team is going to do that, play pocket passer is they make you, otherwise roll out if that suits you.

Russel wilson is similar, he likes to roll out to see better, and teams have stopped him, but it is only a few teams or for short while, and then he does it again.
Yeah, but that's one of the reasons Wilson no longer wins playoff games.

Proof

Reaction score
yes but you need to look a little deeper, dallas picks at 24 this year, so those picks are not that valuable.
if they have another decent season in 22 , again they will pick down low, so they are not going to get good players.
I would rather have hill than some so so players they are gonna get in the draft.

miami finished in the medium range so those picks are only a little better than dallas, so will be interesting to see what KC gets with
the miami picks.
Dallas picked connor williams with a low # 1 pick, so if thats the kind of players your missing out on then your not losing much.
they got gregory and jaylon in 2nd round, boy sure hate to miss out on those guys lol.

with certain outliers like jamar chase, mike evans and justin jefferson (who was picked at 22) the best receivers in the league were drafted well after pick 24. Devante Adams 2nd round Tyreek Hill 5th round, Cooper Kupp 3rd round, Deebo 2nd round, Hopkins pick 31, Metcalf 2nd round, Godwin 3rd round, AJ Brown 2nd round etc etc. Not to mention the rate at which polished receivers are coming into the league at this point.

Also just as an aside, Connor Williams was a 2nd rd pick. with the exception of Taco, first round picks for Dallas have been a goldmine. And even then, they could have (should have) had TJ watt

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I would have given up two firsts for him.

We'll likely end up with another Taco Charlton in this draft anyway, and hopefully, the pick next year would be later on...