If you were GM of the Cowboys would you have tried to get T.Hill?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Ok lets say jerry put you in charge of cowboys 2 weeks ago, would you have tried to get hill?
This includes that jerry wanted amari gone regardless.
Also I dont know hill , but whether I like him or not, I know his value to a team. So that is what is important
if your a GM.

Hill is a dynamic WR, one of the fastest wr, and importantly he is good at catching a short to midrange pass
and getting yac, breaking a big run off a short pass.

This is what dak needs, more than a guy who can run deep passes, as dak is 50 50 on those longer passes.

you can use hill on a reverse, in backfield, short, medium , and long.

He is also good at clearing areas, and getting dbl covered to clear a area for another wr.

He would have been perfect for Dak.

And if I had to trade lamb to get picks back, I would then trade lamb.

Hill is by far better than lamb.

So jones boys made no effort or try to get him, is that stupid? If you try and fail, thats ok, and I dont
mean stephen low balling hill lol.

I was just watching the kc dallas game , and KC is going to miss hill, they were stupid to not resign him.
and I cant believe Miami of all teams got him ! So many teams besides dallas blew a chance at one
of the best wr in the nfl.
Why would I trade for Hill when I don't even have a QB who can or will throw the ball to him. Why do you think the Cowboys unloaded Coop???? He complained without naming anyone about the lack of balls thrown his way. If you remember he came out and stated he would be leading in all categories if he was used more often. Unfortunately for him it hit a nerve with the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot and presto Coop was traded to Cleveland for a NOTHING BURGER! JJ and Co gave our best receiver away to Cleveland for squat and now you want to trade the world for a stud receiver who would probably be complaining half way through the season about a lack of balls thrown his way???????

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why would I trade for Hill when I don't even have a QB who can or will throw the ball to him. Why do you think the Cowboys unloaded Coop???? He complained without naming anyone about the lack of balls thrown his way. If you remember he came out and stated he would be leading in all categories if he was used more often. Unfortunately for him it hit a nerve with the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot and presto Coop was traded to Cleveland for a NOTHING BURGER! JJ and Co gave our best receiver away to Cleveland for squat and now you want to trade the world for a stud receiver who would probably be complaining half way through the season about a lack of balls thrown his way???????
Well since I am GM, first I would demote kellen to passing game coordinator, and hire a real OC.
Then I would personally coach up dak, and make hill the # 1 target.

If Dak couldnt handle that then I put Rush in lol and see how he does. Get another good Backup like minshew, and try him, and let 40 million dollar man sit on bench for awhile..
if any players laid down on next qb up, they would be cut or on the bench too.

To me Dak looks like a guy who isnt getting any REAL COACHING! I think he would do better if coached up better.
And Pollard would be the main RB not E, I would still use E but in a different way.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
giphy.gif

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Not for 1st + 2nd + richest WR contract ever. Hill is a HoF level talent in his prime who can justify that sort of compensation, but we're not the offense to fully utilize his talents to that level. Not moreso than Patrick Mahomes.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
not a chance in hell. I do not see how it is feasible to pay a wr 20-30 million per year and still build a decent team. If you have a qb making 45 and a wr making 28, thats just too damn much.

I know the name looks good... on top of killing your cap, you killed your next 2-3 drafts also.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak with his slow release would underthrow Tyreke Hill by about ten yards, unlike the 5 yards he did with Amari.... Could you imagine Dak trying to hit Hill out of his break?

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Not for that price tag. No guarantee dak could get him the ball anyways.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak with his slow release would underthrow Tyreke Hill by about ten yards, unlike the 5 yards he did with Amari.... Could you imagine Dak trying to hit Hill out of his break?
that is a good point. Hill is too fast for dakeroo !

He would have been good in that wr come behind line dak jets ball to him , oh yeah thats the name lol jet sweep!
we always got a gain with that, imagine with hills speed.

everyone is saying he costs too much, I think you guys are more like stephen than you realize! :D:thumbup:

timb2

Reaction score
Ok lets say jerry put you in charge of cowboys 2 weeks ago, would you have tried to get hill?
Also I dont know hill , but whether I like him or not, I know his value to a team. So that is what is important
if your a GM.

Hill is a dynamic WR, one of the fastest wr, and importantly he is good at catching a short to midrange pass

This is what dak needs, more than a guy who can run deep passes, as dak is 50 50 on those longer passes.

He is also good at clearing areas, and getting dbl covered to clear a area for another wr.

So jones boys made no effort or try to get him, is that stupid? If you try and fail, thats ok, and I dont

I was just watching the kc dallas game , and KC is going to miss hill, they were stupid to not resign him.
and I cant believe Miami of all teams got him ! So many teams besides dallas blew a chance at one
No because Tyreek Hill is scum. This guy in college kicked his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach with his child.

conner01

Reaction score
that is a good point. Hill is too fast for dakeroo !

He would have been good in that wr come behind line dak jets ball to him , oh yeah thats the name lol jet sweep!
we always got a gain with that, imagine with hills speed.

everyone is saying he costs too much, I think you guys are more like stephen than you realize! :D:thumbup:
It’s not just the cash cost but the cost in picks
A might, mighty high cost in cash and picks

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s not just the cash cost but the cost in picks
A might, mighty high cost in cash and picks
yes but you need to look a little deeper, dallas picks at 24 this year, so those picks are not that valuable.
if they have another decent season in 22 , again they will pick down low, so they are not going to get good players.
I would rather have hill than some so so players they are gonna get in the draft.

miami finished in the medium range so those picks are only a little better than dallas, so will be interesting to see what KC gets with
the miami picks.
Dallas picked connor williams with a low # 1 pick, so if thats the kind of players your missing out on then your not losing much.
they got gregory and jaylon in 2nd round, boy sure hate to miss out on those guys lol.

conner01

Reaction score
yes but you need to look a little deeper, dallas picks at 24 this year, so those picks are not that valuable.
if they have another decent season in 22 , again they will pick down low, so they are not going to get good players.
I would rather have hill than some so so players they are gonna get in the draft.

miami finished in the medium range so those picks are only a little better than dallas, so will be interesting to see what KC gets with
the miami picks.
Dallas picked connor williams with a low # 1 pick, so if thats the kind of players your missing out on then your not losing much.
they got gregory and jaylon in 2nd round, boy sure hate to miss out on those guys lol.
I get your argument but this was multiple picks for him
And the 24 pick I think is more valuable than you do.
You aren’t likely to get a starter quality QB or a top ten type edge rusher at 24. Those types of players go early. But you can get a really good player at a less coveted position at 24 to build your teams overal roster. Hill is a dynamic player but he won’t win games for them unless the entire roster is much better
Adding a guy like Hill as a FA is just the cap cost. Trading multiple picks plus the cap cost hurts there ability to build an overall team. Chiefs are good but they lost the previous SB because they could protect their QB and they didn’t get there this year, both years will Hill. They’ve realized a “team” is more important than being elite at a few positions and weak at others
I just value draft picks more than some because that’s the key to being able to keep your elite players. Being able to let a good player walk and replace him with a cheaper drafted player while having a chance to hit in some of them with elite players
No doubt high picks are more valuable just like each round gets less valuable. You can hit on a HOF player in any round but the higher you pick the better the odds. But late round picks can still get good really good prospects at many positions
So to me the multiple picks and cost in cap space wasn’t worth it for hill. Time will tell if it works for them though. I think they aren’t a Hill type player from being a serious contender but that’s really a different argument but one that applies to the cowboys as well
Hill wouldn’t have made us a SB contender either
Miami has plenty of other needs and so do we
For us I think fixing the oline is as important as anything we could do, though we do need an upgrade of talent at WR. Hill certainly would have improved the position but at the cost of not fixing the oline because you wouldn’t have had the picks
I don’t think it will dramatically improve Miami either but that remains to be seen

MaineBoy

Reaction score
if your a GM.

Thrill Hill ?? He was great.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
if your a GM.

I would not have to. I would have kept the Pro Bowl WR I had, Amari Cooper, instead of giving him away for free. I would draft the best pure speed WR in the middle rounds of the 2022 draft where KC selected Tyreek Hill (HE WAS A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!).

After I know the return status of Michael Gallup, I would trade the WR, I do not need before the 2022 season trade deadline for a 1st-3rd round pick in the 2023 draft.

Unless you are stupid and desperate, you do not trade a 1st round pick for a WR. WRs can be found in the draft from the 1st round to UDFA (see Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson, and his failure not to draft Randy Moss). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got away with another dumb move when his desperation trade for Cooper paid off (see his Galloway, Roy Williams failures). But he could not leave well enough alone and gave away a multi Pro Bowl Cowboys WR for potential of Lamb when he should have drafted DL, a one legged WR coming off knee injury, and 5th WR that has
caught no more than 32 passes in a season since college.

Any competent NFL GM knows you do not get rid of good players.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you said, but an elite WR would be wasted as long as we have a dual liability QB in Dak. If we are stuck with him, our only chance is to develop the defense and run game and hope for the best.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well since I am GM, first I would demote kellen to passing game coordinator, and hire a real OC.
Then I would personally coach up dak, and make hill the # 1 target.

If Dak couldnt handle that then I put Rush in lol and see how he does. Get another good Backup like minshew, and try him, and let 40 million dollar man sit on bench for awhile..
if any players laid down on next qb up, they would be cut or on the bench too.

To me Dak looks like a guy who isnt getting any REAL COACHING! I think he would do better if coached up better.
And Pollard would be the main RB not E, I would still use E but in a different way.
They are playing Dak as if he's better than he is at certain things. This team is notorious for doing that, being absolutely awful at player evaluation. Did the same thing to Romo. We're quite simply a very dumb team.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would not have to. I would have kept the Pro Bowl WR I had, Amari Cooper, instead of giving him away for free. I would draft the best pure speed WR in the middle rounds of the 2022 draft where KC selected Tyreek Hill (HE WAS A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!).

After I know the return status of Michael Gallup, I would trade the WR, I do not need before the 2022 season trade deadline for a 1st-3rd round pick in the 2023 draft.

Unless you are stupid and desperate, you do not trade a 1st round pick for a WR. WRs can be found in the draft from the 1st round to UDFA (see Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson, and his failure not to draft Randy Moss). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got away with another dumb move when his desperation trade for Cooper paid off (see his Galloway, Roy Williams failures). But he could not leave well enough alone and gave away a multi Pro Bowl Cowboys WR for potential of Lamb when he should have drafted DL, a one legged WR coming off knee injury, and 5th WR that has
caught no more than 32 passes in a season since college.

Any competent NFL GM knows you do not get rid of good players.
Belly has gotten rid of Seymour, Chandler Jones, Asante Samuel, and others. I have to completely disagree w/ your last sentence.

Before winning the super bowl, Rams got rid of John Johnson, Michael Brockers, Austin Blythe, and some others.

kskboys

Reaction score
Acquiring a high priced WR is not the answer. WR is not what ails this team.