I'll Believe It When I See It. Dak/Defense Doldrums

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's my experience that most vets don't openly brag about their service at every made-up-opportunity (sports discussion on random anonymous message boards for example).

Is that generally right or generally wrong?
Yes, this is generally right. When people ask I say yes, I served in the Marine Corps and I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. The conversation stops there. Every Vet I know is the same way, none of us brags about our service. We're proud of it, but we don't constantly throw it in peoples face. Those that do are most likely embellishing or just flat out lying.

johneric8

Reaction score
I have seen it, and now believe it! Nice to see us finally step up and not fold. All hail big mike for fixing dakota.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....
No jumping back on the ship you rat.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Every fan base has sb aspirations and expectations,not just us,go read a steeler fan forum or YouTube channel for instance,most of them are younger fans,they expect to go to the sb every year,age has nothing to do with it,if you don't have expectations, which apparently you don't,whats the sense of even being a fan..you must have loved the Garrett years.
I think this is directed at me. You didn't answer the question.

Do you have a tangible expectation? Are you going to stop being a fan if they don't hit them?

Like I said before, the answer to both is no, and you're just rambling, whining, and misdirecting to some nonsense about Garrett lol. Classic behavior.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have seen it, and now believe it! Nice to see us finally step up and not fold. All hail big mike for fixing dakota.
First of all your first post starting this post was off base it wasn't true and Prescott was never broken he's been one of the best players in the league top ten quarterback he's had runs like this as a rookie and he did it in 2018 he did it 20/21 he had 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and played very well he also had a six game stretch last year after coming off a broken hand and which he had this team as the number one offense dropped 40 points on this Eagles team in the second game we also won it at home I mean dude everybody who thought Prescott is changed or is it different player is ridiculous... Prescott's been part of what two maybe three offenses that have been right number one overall always seems to have a top three offense......

The play calling has gotten better some of the execution has gotten better,​
I mean the best thing is unlike Kansas City and all their wide receiver dropping passes tipping balls into interceptions lining up offsides that's happening less this year than it was last year last year Prescott's interceptions wasn't a product of his decision making they were unlucky tips and bounces because of the offensive line and because of the wide receivers and somewhat scheme so just getting rid of Kellen Moore and adding Brandin cooks and having Ferguson step up has changed the offense in a positive way...​

in my opinion prescott's always been this guy... Hell we can even bring back 2020 before he broke his ankle when there was no defense with Mike Nolan and the year they offensive line was terrible he was having a run like this before he broke his ankle like averaging 40 points a game.. We couldn't win because we didn't have a defense and we have some bad play calling as well look dude I don't know what else to tell the haters or the people that think he's finally doing something good no Prescott's always been the guy just things around him have not been right and we still need to get past the playoff hump we need to get into an NFC championship game but Prescott's not the one that's been holding us back have you noticed we still don't have a strong run game and at times the offensive line still looks suspect you can't win against San Francisco or the better teams in the playoffs with that kind of team play..

That has yet to be fixed Prescott's been doing this without a strong run game and at times the line has not looked good but you can get away with that in the regular season the thing that people think that Dak was the problem has never really been the problem he just can't do it on his own....

Let me be clear dak Prescott will need more help against San Francisco and as a team especially in the run game and a more physical offensive line when it really counts he cannot do it on his own so I don't wanna hear about Prescott can't win in the playoffs no his team needs to arrive with him

RANT Over

CCBoy

Reaction score
Too late, you already jumped ship. Not getting back on.
Sometimes it is just wise to stick with the truth rather overloading one's butt with self serving insults...agreed. Some even go so far as to call that wisdom... :muttley: :starspin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is just human nature. We've seen what happened to this team in big games in the past and we can't help but associate the current team with these results.

If the Cowboys win tomorrow night the talk will be "Super Bowl". If they lose tomorrow night the narrative will be "first round exit". In reality nothing like that gets decided whether Dallas is 10-3 or 9-4.
This is naive. Every year, it’s a different team. Different players, coaches etc. Please don’t say “we.” That’s an insult to us who don’t think that way. That’s a loser mentality. It’s very easy to do thus so many here do it. It’s an easy way out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is naive. Every year, it’s a different team. Different players, coaches etc. Please don’t say “we.” That’s an insult to us who don’t think that way. That’s a loser mentality. It’s very easy to do thus so many here do it. It’s an easy way out.
Some go so far as to say that's a coward's way out of accountable himself...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, this is generally right. When people ask I say yes, I served in the Marine Corps and I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. The conversation stops there. Every Vet I know is the same way, none of us brags about our service. We're proud of it, but we don't constantly throw it in peoples face. Those that do are most likely embellishing or just flat out lying.
I explain why things were done as well as respect for what is involved. I hold most personal, unless discussion involves principals, dedication, and accumulated value accumulated by leadership, perspective, and experience.

Reasons for failure are important in discussions. Silence demands future failure if not learned by failures. Those are then foolish and unwarranted due to knowledge of why a specific thing fails. Wisdom is still very relevant. That is NOT bragging. Pain is relevant to express as well. That is how healing occurs also.

Thanks for your service, I don't pry there. I don't discuss conflict experiences...for me, those are too personal.

johneric8

Reaction score
First of all your first post starting this post was off base it wasn't true and Prescott was never broken he's been one of the best players in the league top ten quarterback he's had runs like this as a rookie and he did it in 2018 he did it 20/21 he had 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and played very well he also had a six game stretch last year after coming off a broken hand and which he had this team as the number one offense dropped 40 points on this Eagles team in the second game we also won it at home I mean dude everybody who thought Prescott is changed or is it different player is ridiculous... Prescott's been part of what two maybe three offenses that have been right number one overall always seems to have a top three offense......

The play calling has gotten better some of the execution has gotten better,​
I mean the best thing is unlike Kansas City and all their wide receiver dropping passes tipping balls into interceptions lining up offsides that's happening less this year than it was last year last year Prescott's interceptions wasn't a product of his decision making they were unlucky tips and bounces because of the offensive line and because of the wide receivers and somewhat scheme so just getting rid of Kellen Moore and adding Brandin cooks and having Ferguson step up has changed the offense in a positive way...​

in my opinion prescott's always been this guy... Hell we can even bring back 2020 before he broke his ankle when there was no defense with Mike Nolan and the year they offensive line was terrible he was having a run like this before he broke his ankle like averaging 40 points a game.. We couldn't win because we didn't have a defense and we have some bad play calling as well look dude I don't know what else to tell the haters or the people that think he's finally doing something good no Prescott's always been the guy just things around him have not been right and we still need to get past the playoff hump we need to get into an NFC championship game but Prescott's not the one that's been holding us back have you noticed we still don't have a strong run game and at times the offensive line still looks suspect you can't win against San Francisco or the better teams in the playoffs with that kind of team play..

That has yet to be fixed Prescott's been doing this without a strong run game and at times the line has not looked good but you can get away with that in the regular season the thing that people think that Dak was the problem has never really been the problem he just can't do it on his own....

Let me be clear dak Prescott will need more help against San Francisco and as a team especially in the run game and a more physical offensive line when it really counts he cannot do it on his own so I don't wanna hear about Prescott can't win in the playoffs no his team needs to arrive with him

RANT Over
I think you've confused me with someone else.. I was the one that started this thread and if you go back and read my post I said I thought Prescott might be suffering from mental issues that keep him from being his best in crucial games or moments, but I never laid it all on Dak. I support and think Dak is great but I will admit to starting to loose some confidence in him and that is no crime... If you go back and read my post that started this tread I also put it on the team, coaching and defense.. My whole basis of the thread was that I felt the team in general faltered in important season ending games and for the most part they have... I thought for sure we would lose to the Eagles yesterday just based on the importance of the game, I thought they would fold.. All I'm saying is that them performing the way they did yesterday changed the narrative a bit for myself as a fan and helped me believe that maybe they are turning a corner... I now believe that because they have shown they can beat one of the better teams in the league, this will serve them well and also the fanbase well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....
Oh, you didn't watch the game?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think you've confused me with someone else.. I was the one that started this thread and if you go back and read my post I said I thought Prescott might be suffering from mental issues that keep him from being his best in crucial games or moments, but I never laid it all on Dak. I support and think Dak is great but I will admit to starting to loose some confidence in him and that is no crime... If you go back and read my post that started this tread I also put it on the team, coaching and defense.. My whole basis of the thread was that I felt the team in general faltered in important season ending games and for the most part they have... I thought for sure we would lose to the Eagles yesterday just based on the importance of the game, I thought they would fold.. All I'm saying is that them performing the way they did yesterday changed the narrative a bit for myself as a fan and helped me believe that maybe they are turning a corner... I now believe that because they have shown they can beat one of the better teams in the league, this will serve them well and also the fanbase well.
And I still disagree with that he didn't have mental issues he wasn't having PTSD he simply didn't have his players against the best team in the league and yeah at the time the 49ers had been the best team they just lost their quarterbacks against the Eagles or they would have been in the Super bowl Prescott's not the one who's not blocking who's getting all the penalties who's not creating holes in the run game and who's not catching the damn football when it really matters

we are getting beat in the trenches by the better teams especially the 49ers but we saw it against Arizona we saw it against game one against Philly we're losing games when the defense or the offensive line or the run game or something falls apart and it's not on Prescott when he added desperation starts to playoff schedule and it doesn't work it's a team game I'm sorry I stand by my responses it's not confusing I said what I said and I'm sticking to it

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what you say after "but."

You're not a Dak supporter, you're just another old guy who is disconnected from the reality of the modern NFL.
wow there is so much wrong with your post here, Ill be nice and leave it at that

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
so much infighting this year in this forum and mostly over Dak. I know I have been critical and still need to see both key road wins and going further in the playoffs, but it is still exciting to watch him qb this past month. Its fun and encouraging
But one thing for sure seeing posts today, the Dak supporters are way way more arrogant and nasty to those they deem to not be supportive enough than visa versa. Here you have a guy here being an unabashed ageist about it and then we had a post a half an hour ago that got quickly removed where some guy told all the people on the forum who he feels havent been supportive to go F themselves.

wow