I'll Believe It When I See It. Dak/Defense Doldrums

CCBoy

Reaction score
So what are your expectations? Win a wildcard game every once in a while and you are happy? If that's how the younger generation thinks,you can keep it..28 yrs for this franchise is an eternity for most of us and there is no excuse for it..and most of those teams you mentioned in your other post stunk way before the cap was ever thought about.
First off, winning a playoff game IS NOT crap.

Everyone wishes for his team to win the dance....you further implying all other fans are just stupid and ignorant? That makes you a pompous arse!

You merely seek out a label that shows no sign of being a man and handling different levels of failure. Life is full of that and so is football.

Go cry by ones self!

Free animals cat bird illustration

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
no, you really don't give a crap....and any attempt to sneak legitimacy into view fails....wooo hooo

If the truth sounds in a forrest and you are not there, is it heard? No... :flagwave: :popcorn::thumbdown:

Ride 'em Cowboy!

Translation “I have no defense for my statements, so I’m going to claim that you are acting in bad faith because defending my position of blind faith to the orthodoxy is too hard”

CCBoy

Reaction score
The offsides on defense seem to be more related to aggressiveness. They dial up the aggressive and the more crazy they go the more penalties.
I like the aggressive edge, but hate the lack focus for explosive response instead.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let’s not forget the Dallas Cowboys have played the 49ers twice in the 2023 calendar year. Both times they lost albeit with very different performances by the defense. But consistently bad performance by the offense.
Different seasons and roads taken...how come you don't recognize those facts. Different set of considerations.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Different seasons and roads taken...how come you don't recognize those facts. Different set of considerations.
Different seasons, largely same coaching staffs and front offices for both franchises. Similar offensive and defensive philosophies and largely the stars on both teams have remained the same with Brandon Cooks being added to the Cowboys and the 49ers having a healthy McCaffery. Head to head with no major injuries for both clubs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First off, winning a playoff game IS NOT crap.

Everyone wishes for his team to win the dance....you further implying all other fans are just stupid and ignorant? That makes you a pompous arse!

You merely seek out a label that shows no sign of being a man and handling different levels of failure. Life is full of that and so is football.

Go cry by ones self!

Free animals cat bird illustration
:hammer: :thumbup:I find it ironic that fans think that getting to the playoffs and winning a playoff game is somehow not good enough anymore I mean do we need a bunch of five and twelve seasons in a row and a bunch of truly bad coaching and some bad quarterbacks yeah for an extended time do we need to be a truly bad team for fans to see that the last three seasons have been great and yet they don't see it as that they see it as let downs they lump it in with the whole 28 year narrative I get tired of hearing this team and these coaches have nothing to do with the last 28 years only the last four years...

This will forever in my opinion be a team game and it always will be week to week and year to year and it's a total reset every single year to me I'm not going to keep using those dumb narratives.

they've been led to believe that you should blow teams up and start over every three or four years if you don't make a Super Bowl that's just insane just because the Rams somehow went all in once and won a Super Bowl and it allegedly the Eagles getting to a Super Bowl in a similar fashion is a new blueprint it is not it is an anomaly most teams won't do that that's why there's a hard salary cap and there are limitations to what you can do the sustain winning....

Somehow fans cant appreciate this or get happiness from again extended winning, we're sustaining going into what three years now we'll probably go to the playoffs for the first time since the 90s and have double digit wins highly competitive team and we hope to go further but if anybody calls it a disappointing season when you don't end up in a championship game or a Super Bowl then there is a lot of miserable fans out there because only one team is left standing and only two teams make it to the bro that means they're 30 terrible teams in the NFL they're all losers...:facepalm:o_O

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about 28 year droughts of no SB appearance and no Conference Championship game appearance.

Also with the cap and FA we’ve seen teams go from the basement to SB within a year or two.

But Dallas is just having a 28 year run of bad luck to not only not win a SB but to not even win a divisional playoff game. But not unusual, right?
All with the same front office.

That's the thing that's unique in Dallas. In sane NFL cities those 28 years would be spent with much front office turnover. There'd be a plethora of people to blame for those nearly three decades. Not here. Same guys for all 28 years. It'd be another 28 years too if the owner could figure out a way to live to near 110.

Going on three decades of Lions football. That seems unacceptable.

But maybe I need to be a pimply faced teenager to understand the modern NFL.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Trying to validate an argument by insulating someone's age is unfair, rude, and uncalled for One day the so called youth will be old and grumpy too.
Everyone thinks that they can run through a wall until their prostate starts keeping them up at night

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....
Hope we win.

Its really our only chance at going to the Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE supporter of Dak and a fan of the team since the late 70's so needless to say like many of you, I've been through the gauntlet with this team.
I think all of us understand that Dak can be stellar, best of the best at times, but we all know that when we need a big win against a good team either for playoff positioning or confidence, either Dak fails to lift the team up or the team itself (Coaching and Defense) lets us down... We can never seem to put things together, maybe the curse of Jimmy has been lifted? Who knows....

The reason for this post is to touch on the thorn that ails most of us fans, that stubborn prick that borrows it's way down into our skin! That is our Cows falling short when we all need it most... I know the game against the Eagles won't make or break our season, but it sure would be nice if we took care of business to get this narrative that we can't beat good teams extinguished..

I'm going into this game excited to see a good ballgame but I would be lying if I said I thought we're going to win it, I wish it was different but this is what this team has done to my belief in them... Think about it, our players are totally setup right now to eat the Cheese! Dak is believing he is the MVP and the rest of the talking heads are putting us in the tops of the league! We always seem to falter when stuff like this exist... Go Cowboys prove ME wrong....
Have we had any late season big games with Dak at QB? Think back. In 2014, I think it was week 13 Dallas at Philly. Pretty much for the division.

2007, Thursday night, Packers at Cowboys.

1993, Last week of the season for the division against the Giants.

1983, who can forget this. I think it was week 15. That huge game for the division against the team I can't write on this forum.

I'm sure I missed many. But when has this happened recently?

DAL1180

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what you say after "but."

You're not a Dak supporter, you're just another old guy who is disconnected from the reality of the modern NFL.
Just "another old guy". If you are kidding I apologize but if not better that than some millennial or some Gen- whatever that thinks the world revolves around them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Have we had any late season big games with Dak at QB? Think back. In 2014, I think it was week 13 Dallas at Philly. Pretty much for the division.

2007, Thursday night, Packers at Cowboys.

1993, Last week of the season for the division against the Giants.

1983, who can forget this. I think it was week 15. That huge game for the division against the team I can't write on this forum.

I'm sure I missed many. But when has this happened recently?
Well not any specific games come to mind but really if you think back to 2018 we started out three and five that whole entire season to finish out was a big game I mean we had to go five and three to to make it to 10 and six and get into the playoffs and I believe they're was only one hiccup in there maybe with the Colts that I remember but really they had to play really well for eight games straight in order to have a chance at getting into the playoffs which they did...

But no my memory is not that big to remember since 2016 if we had a late season big time match up and although this Eagles game is considered that I don't believe it is on the same level as some of these examples are being listed plus anything in the NFL if this was like the next to the last game or the last game of the season like in 1993 wasn't that the Emmitt Smith shoulder game against the giants then it would mean something if if it had any implications on seedings the division or make or break one or done to get into the playoffs then it would be big...

However, IMHO this isn't that big, this is just "a" big game but it's not "the" big game... As we can still make the playoffs without this win so it how big really is it because also as much as it improves our chances in the division with that cupcake schedule the Eagles have to finish I doubt we're gonna win the division.. Now going into that Miami game or the Detroit game late in the season if we're on a streak and and we're right there neck and neck with the Eagles and one of those games determines the division and gives us a first round bye or a second seed then yeah that game will be the biggest game of that daks career ss far as RS games go..

Aven8

Reaction score
If they go out and lay an egg again like SF under the National spotlight, then it will prove that this is a cultural thing. Not from the HC, but the organization. We’ve choked now through multiple HC’s and players in these mega games.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well not any specific games come to mind but really if you think back to 2018 we started out three and five that whole entire season to finish out was a big game I mean we had to go five and three to to make it to 10 and six and get into the playoffs and I believe they're was only one hiccup in there maybe with the Colts that I remember but really they had to play really well for eight games straight in order to have a chance at getting into the playoffs which they did...

But no my memory is not that big to remember since 2016 if we had a late season big time match up and although this Eagles game is considered that I don't believe it is on the same level as some of these examples are being listed plus anything in the NFL if this was like the next to the last game or the last game of the season like in 1993 wasn't that the Emmitt Smith shoulder game against the giants then it would mean something if if it had any implications on seedings the division or make or break one or done to get into the playoffs then it would be big...

However, IMHO this isn't that big, this is just "a" big game but it's not "the" big game... As we can still make the playoffs without this win so it how big really is it because also as much as it improves our chances in the division with that cupcake schedule the Eagles have to finish I doubt we're gonna win the division.. Now going into that Miami game or the Detroit game late in the season if we're on a streak and and we're right there neck and neck with the Eagles and one of those games determines the division and gives us a first round bye or a second seed then yeah that game will be the biggest game of that daks career ss far as RS games go..
This game is a big game because any chance to win the division rides on this game. You're right in that it doesn't mean we'll win the division, but it's our only hope to win the division. It's a huge regular season game.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
no, you really don't give a crap....and any attempt to sneak legitimacy into view fails....wooo hooo

If the truth sounds in a forrest and you are not there, is it heard? No... :flagwave: :popcorn::thumbdown:

Ride 'em Cowboy!

I'm giving you a like just for the pure chaos of your reply :)