I'll Believe It When I See It. Dak/Defense Doldrums

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is just human nature. We've seen what happened to this team in big games in the past and we can't help but associate the current team with these results.

If the Cowboys win tomorrow night the talk will be "Super Bowl". If they lose tomorrow night the narrative will be "first round exit". In reality nothing like that gets decided whether Dallas is 10-3 or 9-4.

catiii

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what you say after "but."

You're not a Dak supporter, you're just another old guy who is disconnected from the reality of the modern NFL.
Why what an ugly thing to say. :thumbdown:
iu

johneric8

Reaction score
Have we had any late season big games with Dak at QB? Think back. In 2014, I think it was week 13 Dallas at Philly. Pretty much for the division.

2007, Thursday night, Packers at Cowboys.

1993, Last week of the season for the division against the Giants.

1983, who can forget this. I think it was week 15. That huge game for the division against the team I can't write on this forum.

I'm sure I missed many. But when has this happened recently?
Good questions... I'm mainly talking about the overall teams inconsistency to rise up and play outside themselves to beat a team that is better than them or at least equal. Dak was very bad in my opinion the last couple of times he faced the niners and we desperately needed him to use his legs and make magic happen... Of course the defense and coaching was equal in it's failure... Dak played good against the Eagles last time around but he still wasn't able to get us over the hump himself unfortunately... He has every chance in the book to put the team on his shoulders and he failed when we needed him most.. Sure he was pretty darn good in that game but when it mattered he fell short...

Flamma

Reaction score
Good questions... I'm mainly talking about the overall teams inconsistency to rise up and play outside themselves to beat a team that is better than them or at least equal. Dak was very bad in my opinion the last couple of times he faced the niners and we desperately needed him to use his legs and make magic happen... Of course the defense and coaching was equal in it's failure... Dak played good against the Eagles last time around but he still wasn't able to get us over the hump himself unfortunately... He has every chance in the book to put the team on his shoulders and he failed when we needed him most.. Sure he was pretty darn good in that game but when it mattered he fell short...
It's not easy beating a team better than you. All QBs haven't been able to do this throughout history minus a few exceptions. Even the great QBs. They've had the better team in most cases when they won. I always hate to lose a playoff game. But I only get really upset when I think we should win. Like in 2007. Even 2016.

But when we're not that good, how upset do you expect me to get? If we're the clear underdog, I expect to lose. I'm happy if we win, but I can't be too upset when we lose. 1992 was the one time the team exceeded my expectations. But I thought we were losing that game.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Just "another old guy". If you are kidding I apologize but if not better that than some millennial or some Gen- whatever that thinks the world revolves around them.
No, I'm not kidding.

Here's another example of you now doing the EXACT SAME THING you're whining about me doing. Unreal lol

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So what are your expectations? Win a wildcard game every once in a while and you are happy? If that's how the younger generation thinks,you can keep it..28 yrs for this franchise is an eternity for most of us and there is no excuse for it..and most of those teams you mentioned in your other post stunk way before the cap was ever thought about.
There is no expectation. You can't have "expectations" for something of which you have no control over lol. As a fan, you just hope they are good, and hope they take steps to be good.

The idea of having an expectation along the lines of "they have to win a Super Bowl once every 20 years" is, for one thing, stupid because it's unrealistic, and also means that, if they don't hit that standard, you're no longer a fan. All of the people whining about 28 years won't stop being fans of the team, they just like having something to cry about.

Do you have a tangible expectation? Are you going to stop being a fan if they hit it? The answer to both is no, so stop blathering about "the younger generation."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about 28 year droughts of no SB appearance and no Conference Championship game appearance.

Also with the cap and FA we’ve seen teams go from the basement to SB within a year or two.

But Dallas is just having a 28 year run of bad luck to not only not win a SB but to not even win a divisional playoff game. But not unusual, right?
Since you’ve completely given up and quit, why are you here?

bigE79

Reaction score
Every fan base has sb aspirations and expectations,not just us,go read a steeler fan forum or YouTube channel for instance,most of them are younger fans,they expect to go to the sb every year,age has nothing to do with it,if you don't have expectations, which apparently you don't,whats the sense of even being a fan..you must have loved the Garrett years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a tank commander and was able to drive through a wall and out the other...
You claim more valor than ANY other REAL vet I have ever dealt with on the internet. Like by magnitudes.

You might need to dial down your ChatGPT translations.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like jealousy to me.
Always with the negative!

I do regret not serving but I am not jealous.

It's my experience that most vets don't openly brag about their service at every made-up-opportunity (sports discussion on random anonymous message boards for example).

Is that generally right or generally wrong?

hopemsu

Reaction score
Dak will play just fine. 20 points is all it took for the 49ers to beat the eagles. If Dak plays near perfect and has to throw 4-5 TDs but the game comes down to a last minute drive.. and we fall short. Two things can be true at the same time. Dak played very well and we have room for TEAM improvements

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well this is the internet and every man here claims to fart in an empty room and proclaims that it is proof positive that he commands the wind
No, hero, that was an example the statement was a prejudiced response here. You afraid of losing your freedom of speech for that being pointed out? Crap, who you trying to kid or pull the wool over their eye? You raise sheep or goats?

Talk some crapless football, ONCE in a while... :facepalm: C'mon be yourself now...let's go!

I have a good supply of corks, and know how to use them. How do you make your 'wine?'

I'm ready to watch some Cowboys football. Reserve one's right to complain until later...:hammer::starspin: