Iloka leaves without a deal

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
The reason we have become cheap is Stephen Jones, or at least that's what I think...I know he didn't want to pay Deion back in the day.......

ksadler1

Reaction score
Draft...Draft...Draft

Anyone visiting now is not much better than a draft choice will be. Some probably worse. Draft a top prospect and call it a day...

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow. Do people actually believe these guys all travel with their agent in tow to work out a deal on the spot?

This visits likely involved meeting with the Garrett, some if the defensive staff, and possibly some of Iloka's former college teammates if they were around. If that went well, Stephen and the agent start discussing parameters.

Sydla

Reaction score
word is Dallas hasnt offered a deal for any of the safeties that have been to Dallas. I think theyre looking ahead incase they dont get what they want in the draft

Why conduct visits now when a month from now a few of these guys might be gone?

You just wasted your time if Iloka gets signed next week by another team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t really want him, but we’ve gotta have some kind of a record for people leaving without a deal
They are not actually leaving. Jerry is sending them to his yacht where they won't be able to leave until they sign for the minimum or they donate their body to Jerry such that he can have his "40 year old brain" implanted into a young athlete's body...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They are not actually leaving. Jerry is sending them to his yacht where they won't be able to leave until they sign for the minimum or they donate their body to Jerry such that he can have his "40 year old brain" implanted into a young athlete's body...
I thought Jerry already did that with Dak.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One, do you guys really care all that much? Really? Two, they may have been doing diligence in the event Berry is interested or his physical doesn’t check out. A guy like Iloka isn’t holding out for big money.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why conduct visits now when a month from now a few of these guys might be gone?

You just wasted your time if Iloka gets signed next week by another team.

Wasted time gathering information?

No, you are wasting your time if you aren't doing this.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I didn’t really want him, but we’ve gotta have some kind of a record for people leaving without a deal
Stephen Jones pitch to free agents:
tenor.gif

ghst187

Reaction score
Crazy! Sure thought the vet minimum and a box of crackers would persuade this one. They were Saltines for Pete’s sake!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Crazy! Sure thought the vet minimum and a box of crackers would persuade this one. They were Saltines for Pete’s sake!!!
Honestly, it is a dumb idea to sign a guy just to sign a guy.

The Raiders had him in this building and let him leave and ended up signing one of the safeties that refused to tackle Blake Jarwin in the second Giants game last year.