Iloka leaves without a deal

Sydla

Reaction score
I would try to steal the Raiders' SS Obi Melifonwu if it's possible.

Melifonwu isn’t on the Raiders. He is on the Patriots.

And we brought him in for a visit last year after the Raiders cut him and we had no interest.

Pants

Reaction score
would this guy be any form of upgrade? him signing would be meh for me

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
3 safeties brought in so far. Tells me S is high on the priority list and will be in the draft too. Geathers resigned with his old team, Berry has only visited Dallas and if I'm the FO I'm relying heavily on the medical staff to evaluate his foot injury, Iloka walked away without a deal and there is a reason for that and we aren't privy to the reason. Keep your pants on folks, if the draft is BPA, free agency should be BFA fit. Yes, ET was the BFA BUT remember the Alamo... Amari, Lawrence And Many Others ;)

JonesBoys

Reaction score
At least Dallas leads the league in free agent visits who left without a contract.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I would too, but I also randomly enter Open Houses for the possibility of free food also.
And Costco...

You should have been at our McDonalds a few days ago Corso, I bought a large 2 cream 2 sugar coffee for a guy standing outside in the cold asking for a dollar to buy coffee. I was having one of my "Mchappy" days. Should have bought him a Happy Meal :). I like Cosco free food too but the parking lot is nutzo and by the time I find a parking spot, I could gnaw on a mutton shank lol. Good thing they don't have sheep in the parking lot!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
According to Clearance Hill Jr on Twitter, Free Agent Safety George Iloka has concluded his visit and left without a deal.

K I'll do my best Scooter McGruder impersonation....

Iloka….. he's a beast. We gotta sign him

And he will play for peanuts

Throw him a can of salted nuts, even pistachios

Stop being so cheap Jerry

Iloka didn't sign?

What you kiddin me!

Why we gotta be so cheap

Oh well, he's JAG :muttley:

dallasdave

Reaction score
You should have been at our McDonalds a few days ago Corso, I bought a large 2 cream 2 sugar coffee for a guy standing outside in the cold asking for a dollar to buy coffee. I was having one of my "Mchappy" days. Should have bought him a Happy Meal :). I like Cosco free food too but the parking lot is nutzo and by the time I find a parking spot, I could gnaw on a mutton shank lol. Good thing they don't have sheep in the parking lot!
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Probably going to wait until the Steelers safety is free and then make a choice of whats left.:angry:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Melifonwu isn’t on the Raiders. He is on the Patriots.

And we brought him in for a visit last year after the Raiders cut him and we had no interest.
For the Cowboys to pass up on Melifonwu while the Patriots picked him up afterwards makes my point. The Patriots are a smarter coached team, by far.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
For the Cowboys to pass up on Melifonwu while the Patriots picked him up afterwards makes my point. The Patriots are a smarter coached team, by far.
They visited with Obi, he's from the Massachusetts area and chose to sign with the patriots. He also only had 3 tackles with the patriots last year. He's still just a prospect that has failed to standout to date.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I guess if Garrett is cool rolling with Heath in his “get over the hump” year, we should be too.

LOL

Mr_437

Reaction score
I guess if Garrett is cool rolling with Heath in his “get over the hump” year, we should be too.

LOL
This year 9? That hump is a mountain! Jerry doesn't care he likes having JG around, so no matter what Jones will make an excuse to justify keep his buddy around.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Iloka WS such an upgrade that Minny did not start him. The let him and sendejo walk. My guess is Dallas offered him closer to what he made last year and he is looking to make much more than that. My view is, is head and shoulders better than what they have and if the pay is in line. I do not see Iloka as head and shoulders better than heath maybe a slight upgrade but not worth more than 3 million a year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Iloka WS such an upgrade that Minny did not start him. The let him and sendejo walk. My guess is Dallas offered him closer to what he made last year and he is looking to make much more than that. My view is, is head and shoulders better than what they have and if the pay is in line. I do not see Iloka as head and shoulders better than heath maybe a slight upgrade but not worth more than 3 million a year.
He made $880K last year