Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Stephen Jones pitch to free agents:
tenor.gif

Literally laughing over here

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is normal. Randall Cobb left without a deal and signed a day later. Iloka also left the Raiders without a deal earlier this week. Now he'll think things over.

In the years before social media (and even the internet) visits like this often went unreported. Then we turned on ESPN (it was the only option) and were surprised to see where so-and-so signed.

Exactly. It seems like fans take someone coming in for a a “visit” as meaning the Cowboys have exclusive negotiating rights and the player has no intent to look into and weigh all options. It doesn’t. The player is shopping, not impulse buying.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
One, do you guys really care all that much? Really? Two, they may have been doing diligence in the event Berry is interested or his physical doesn’t check out. A guy like Iloka isn’t holding out for big money.

Do we really care about upgrading the safety position?

That would be an overwhelming YES!!!

Maybe you are cool with trotting Heath back out there in 2019, but most of us are not.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we really care about upgrading the safety position?

That would be an overwhelming YES!!!

Maybe you are cool with trotting Heath back out there in 2019, but most of us are not.

That isn’t what I asked.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's pretty much in tune with what's been happening lately -- that 's for sure. Evidently, we're simply not prepared to offer what's attractive to those who might actually prove helpful as potential starters for any productive length of time.
I don't know about that brother, but what I do know is the Safety FA market is rather deep, and lloka is just a fish, at this point if we are looking at adding a safety, and apparently we are.
We are just playing the market,, and lloka is no different than say a Jordan Richards ATL that is still available as well.
If we are looking, we will be buying,, just saying the market is not completely dried up, just yet.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Of course the two sides didn't discuss a contract. It's not like the Cowboys are desperate or anything.........o_O?
I think he left after jerry showed him the stadium art collection and played the sound effects they have for big plays!
After that the player just left for the airport.

ghst187

Reaction score
Honestly, it is a dumb idea to sign a guy just to sign a guy.

The Raiders had him in this building and let him leave and ended up signing one of the safeties that refused to tackle Blake Jarwin in the second Giants game last year.

No argument there, just making fun of our FO who parades everyone in and doesn’t sign them.
I suspect we are trying to lowball guys