CFZ I'm All-In On the 2023 Dallas Cowboys

rambo2

Reaction score
You haven't watched this game too long......have you?

That is Dennis Green......the former coach of the Cardinals. That is a famous quote of his.

In other words......if the current team is sooooo great......why not just go ahead and give them the trophy?
The current team is very good and a contender. If you can't enjoy it and get excited about it, that's your problem. I personally love that they are this good. It makes for an exciting season.

75boyz

Reaction score
How far the mighty have fallen.

Double digit win seasons used to be the standard expectation around here. Now, we are supposed to get excited about regular season success. I would expect Lions, Browns, and Redskinz fans to sound like this.

:facepalm:

Playoff success is all that really matters.
He'll talk your ear off about regular season wins and tell you how good the team is gonna be.
And then will confuse ya even more by saying he's been a fan since '65.
Because then you don't really know how to respond to his Landry and Jimmy era of success/team expectations not aligning with the current near 3 decades of futility.
It might be an act or his own unique trolling style.
Cuz when ya call him on the lack of playoff success he uses Jerry like responses of "being competitive."

He might be Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Buddy......I am not a troll. I've been a fan a lot longer than you have. I am one of the original board members here, nearly 20 years on this board alone. I was also on all of the precursors to this board as well (thecowboys.net). You are a relatively new comer. If anyone is a troll.......you are a Dak apologist troll.
Who said you were a troll? You claimed that people used the #1 offense thing to say how great Dak was. That isnt what I was doing. I was simply dispelling the laughable myth that Dak sucked or didnt have a good year.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I am a newcomer eh? Sure buddy.

I defend good players against idiots that say they suck and I laugh at homers that say good player are elite. I deal in reality, not homer fantasy or toll stupidity.

Dak has nothing to apologize for. Other then that last SF game. Overall Dak has been exactly what he is.........At top 10 QB in the NFL. Nothing more, nothing less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The current team is very good and a contender. If you can't enjoy it and get excited about it, that's your problem. I personally love that they are this good. It makes for an exciting season.
Most of what you said is correct. Your only problem is you cant handle many of us discussing the factors about the team that may hurt us from winning it all. Or what we need to do to get better.

Times have changed, the bar has been raised. Get offended all you want.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I need Turpin show up in the return game. He left a lot of points on the field running into his own players or the opposing team. Please be a Devin Hester.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
How far the mighty have fallen.

Double digit win seasons used to be the standard expectation around here. Now, we are supposed to get excited about regular season success. I would expect Lions, Browns, and Redskinz fans to sound like this.

:facepalm:

Playoff success is all that really matters.
Watcha complanin bout Murph ? Double digit wins, CHECK, Playoffs CHECK, Lost in the wild Card round 1 year lost in the Divisional Round the next. That's steady upward motion or Improvement. CHECK !

Have the Mighty Fallen, or is just your warped view of reality?????

J12B

Reaction score
Let's not just have camp standouts, but pre season, and game standouts!!!
All it takes is for a player to make one big play in training camp and then he's got potential to have a breakout season! Two or three of those players every year:lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What if we are playing the 49ers in the playoffs, and the Oline plays good enough to win, and the defense plays good enough to win?

What does the season come down to at that point?
What if the QB plays well, the oline plays bad and the defense plays bad? What about the special teams also playing bad? How about coaching mistakes?

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if the QB plays well, the oline plays bad and the defense plays bad? What about the special teams also playing bad? How about coaching mistakes?
The next time this happens in the playoffs, it will be the first time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If by "all in" you mean 100% behind the Cowboys, then I'm all in.

If you mean "this is the year" then I'm where I've been for a while now - I'll believe it if I see it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I guess you missed the Tampa beat down.
A wild card game win over an 8-9 team. When's the parade? This is what some folks celebrate now, along with regular season beatdowns.

I remember when this franchise was about championships, conference and Super Bowl. You do, too. One of us hasn't lowered his standard.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Oh my bad! youre ok with 3 12 win seasons in a row even if it comes without the playoff success all of desire? I know i am. I enjoy the ride. I know how hard it is to have the kind of success we had in the 70s and 90s. And i know im no less of a fan than others I just dont get bent out of shape on the lack of success
This.

Exactly how it should be.

I don't care about fans projecting their personal misery onto the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
First of all, let's not pretend there won't be those fans among us who whine about "28 years, 28 years. "

Dak dis, Dak dat.

Take one look at this roster, and the pieces we have in place.

I say ***** dat! I'm all-in on this team.

Not to sound like all the Californians moving in to Texas, but if the question is talent? Let's start anywhere on the roster.

Tight Ends

I'll go with tight end, since that seems to be the biggest question mark. NFL teams will test our TE, so they will have to respond. I just happen to think we have a versatile group who can all contribute when on the field. None really separate from each other right now.

I'm actually more surprised by Ferguson than I am by Hendershot. I do see Schoonmaker has a step or two on speed, which can be a huge difference. But I think all of these guys are savvy. That's really what you want, a savvy TE who can do it all. Then, it can make it very difficult when they're all three on the field. With that said, I want to see more 13 sets with this group.

I actually expect to see more TE sets on the field, because that's a way to help players like Deuce Vaughn, for instance

Let me ask you this. Is Hendershot's job up for grabs? What about Ferguson? Is he a sure bet to make the team? Does the staff feel differently about these two than the fans? Why free agents make you give them a roster spot, and who gets the axe to replace them?

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying stranger things have happened.

Running Back

Some will say we have question marks at running back. I say you have question mark at scheme. We have all the players at running back we need. I understand there could be an injury to Pollard. But I expect the Cowboys to do their due diligence evaluating and then re-evaluate the running back surplus in the free-agent market, so it's no biggie. I'll keep it short there. Fans know who those running backs are. I like what we have. I'd say I'm a tad down on Malik Davis, but I'm also not sure if he's just being the whipping boy.6

Offensive Line

I suspect some people are under estimating what the Cowboys want to do with Edoga.

I would list every position on the 53. But there's one guy who I think doesn't get enough credit. And that is the Red Rocket, Super Cooper Rush. He truly can't be denied. That's what I'm saying about this team, though. You can talk all that nonsense about Dak and whether he could do it.

You could be a fan and talk all that nonsense about how Dak "can never get someone to the NFC Championship game." That's sheer nonsense. Of course, he could. It's about your 53. Look how much the roster elevated Jalen Hurts last year.

That's why I'm all-in on the Cowboys, this year. We're so loaded, not everyone is going to make the roster. Every team has talent, but if you didn't notice a little from the guys everyone doubted last year, like Gholston towards the end, Kelvin Joseph with huge, heads-up plays, and then all the other guys who look like they could take roster spots, but probably won't, because of the 53-man limit.

I want to see a more complete team, a team where a guy like David Durden, or some dark-horse guy makes the roster and just takes it to another level.

I want to see a Jalen Tolbert bust out 1,000 yards and make the Cowboys look brilliant. I want this preseason to be a battle, no matter how many roster spots are set in the proverbial stone.

I don't care if we start 1-2, this team just needs to get in the tournament. I think they will. From there, I think anything is possible, even if some of the worst case scenarios pan out Like, an injury to Lamb, I think would be the most costly. But that's why I say, it'd be nice if a guy like Tolbert was the next Andre Reed, if Cropper was the next Stephon Diggs, if David Durden was the next Miles Austin, or Ed McCaffrey.

I don't know. It's probably my imagination; I admit. I can't wait until camp. I can't wait to see who stands out the most in preseason, and what happens on the 90-man roster, but we've got enough places in piece where I haven't seen this compiled on one team in decades
No serious fan can deny. To spell it out, I'm not saying I'm all-in on they're definitely going to win, but if I were a gambling man, and wanted to make an presumptuous bet on the Cowboys, early on, I'd say all-in on this team, because we are teeming with the talent. More than I've seen in a long, long time.

All-in. I hope McCarthy sees the window.
Here's a sobering take on the Dallas Cowboys. I don't buy into all of it, because I don't think the Cowboys are mediocre, but I can see why he says this based on our long term history.

It starts at 24:34, and ends at 33:19. Or you can go to the description and click on Cowboys are directionless.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Glad to see that delusion is still alive and well. Can we not be ferverent fans and want our team to win the SuperBowl while still understanding that the likelihood of that is very low?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I would love to be all in this year. Any year, actually.

But I'm sorry, been too many disappointments in the last 27 years. Especially the years with home field advantage all the way through the playoffs that resulted in one and done.

Can't, or at least won't, handle the huge emotional letdown after the playoff loss.

If they win, I'll be ecstatic. If they lose, I'll acknowledge it and wait for next year. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

NOT AGAIN.