CFZ I'm All-In On the 2023 Dallas Cowboys

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being "all in" or skeptical doesn't make one bit of difference. I'm not sure why its even a topic of conversation. So, you like the roster. Great. I'm waiting to see how they play. Neither opinion or perspective impacts anything.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A wild card game win over an 8-9 team. When's the parade? This is what some folks celebrate now, along with regular season beatdowns.

I remember when this franchise was about championships, conference and Super Bowl. You do, too. One of us hasn't lowered his standard.
It still is but you haters just enjoy living in misery and whining about everything. Your hate blinds you with what good things have been going on the last 2-3 years. But continue to live in your misery. It makes me happy.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I am excited about the 2023 Dallas Cowboys , I hope we have a balanced offense to go with a dominating defense

Acceptablename

Reaction score
First of all, let's not pretend there won't be those fans among us who whine about "28 years, 28 years. "

Dak dis, Dak dat.

Take one look at this roster, and the pieces we have in place.

I say ***** dat! I'm all-in on this team.

Not to sound like all the Californians moving in to Texas, but if the question is talent? Let's start anywhere on the roster.

Tight Ends

I'll go with tight end, since that seems to be the biggest question mark. NFL teams will test our TE, so they will have to respond. I just happen to think we have a versatile group who can all contribute when on the field. None really separate from each other right now.

I'm actually more surprised by Ferguson than I am by Hendershot. I do see Schoonmaker has a step or two on speed, which can be a huge difference. But I think all of these guys are savvy. That's really what you want, a savvy TE who can do it all. Then, it can make it very difficult when they're all three on the field. With that said, I want to see more 13 sets with this group.

I actually expect to see more TE sets on the field, because that's a way to help players like Deuce Vaughn, for instance

Let me ask you this. Is Hendershot's job up for grabs? What about Ferguson? Is he a sure bet to make the team? Does the staff feel differently about these two than the fans? Why free agents make you give them a roster spot, and who gets the axe to replace them?

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying stranger things have happened.

Running Back

Some will say we have question marks at running back. I say you have question mark at scheme. We have all the players at running back we need. I understand there could be an injury to Pollard. But I expect the Cowboys to do their due diligence evaluating and then re-evaluate the running back surplus in the free-agent market, so it's no biggie. I'll keep it short there. Fans know who those running backs are. I like what we have. I'd say I'm a tad down on Malik Davis, but I'm also not sure if he's just being the whipping boy.6

Offensive Line

I suspect some people are under estimating what the Cowboys want to do with Edoga.

I would list every position on the 53. But there's one guy who I think doesn't get enough credit. And that is the Red Rocket, Super Cooper Rush. He truly can't be denied. That's what I'm saying about this team, though. You can talk all that nonsense about Dak and whether he could do it.

You could be a fan and talk all that nonsense about how Dak "can never get someone to the NFC Championship game." That's sheer nonsense. Of course, he could. It's about your 53. Look how much the roster elevated Jalen Hurts last year.

That's why I'm all-in on the Cowboys, this year. We're so loaded, not everyone is going to make the roster. Every team has talent, but if you didn't notice a little from the guys everyone doubted last year, like Gholston towards the end, Kelvin Joseph with huge, heads-up plays, and then all the other guys who look like they could take roster spots, but probably won't, because of the 53-man limit.

I want to see a more complete team, a team where a guy like David Durden, or some dark-horse guy makes the roster and just takes it to another level.

I want to see a Jalen Tolbert bust out 1,000 yards and make the Cowboys look brilliant. I want this preseason to be a battle, no matter how many roster spots are set in the proverbial stone.

I don't care if we start 1-2, this team just needs to get in the tournament. I think they will. From there, I think anything is possible, even if some of the worst case scenarios pan out Like, an injury to Lamb, I think would be the most costly. But that's why I say, it'd be nice if a guy like Tolbert was the next Andre Reed, if Cropper was the next Stephon Diggs, if David Durden was the next Miles Austin, or Ed McCaffrey.

I don't know. It's probably my imagination; I admit. I can't wait until camp. I can't wait to see who stands out the most in preseason, and what happens on the 90-man roster, but we've got enough places in piece where I haven't seen this compiled on one team in decades
No serious fan can deny. To spell it out, I'm not saying I'm all-in on they're definitely going to win, but if I were a gambling man, and wanted to make an presumptuous bet on the Cowboys, early on, I'd say all-in on this team, because we are teeming with the talent. More than I've seen in a long, long time.

All-in. I hope McCarthy sees the window.
I hear ya but then I recall history and a pause go Cowboys

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Those fans that go all in with the Cowboys every year are the ones that end up having to be talked off a ledge in January.
Sorry Bro ! I can honestly say , I'm all in for the Cowboys every year and don't have to be talked down in January.

I look towards the future and weep for my Grandchildren. America will be a fable . And that's sad

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry Bro ! I can honestly say , I'm all in for the Cowboys every year and don't have to be talked down in January.

I look towards the future and weep for my Grandchildren. America will be a fable . And that's sad
Training camp is getting ready to start so I’m sure whatever wounds you had after the loss to San Francisco in the playoffs have fully healed. I’m sure you weren’t talking about being all in for the 2023 season immediately after that loss. It seems like at least 80% of this board loses all hope for the team immediately after they get bounced from the playoffs. Some of the postgame threads/posts are pretty hilarious.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Im hoping that Brandin cooks provides the necessary spark to the offense along with Tony to the offense. Im not worried about the loss of shultz at all i think his role can be filled by any of the TE on the roster. I do have issues or concerns when it comes to the OL and depth but well see what happens
I think the presence of Brandin Cooks, given that he and CeeDee both remain healthy, really helps the TEs, as a whole.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Here's a sobering take on the Dallas Cowboys. I don't buy into all of it, because I don't think the Cowboys are mediocre, but I can see why he says this based on our long term history.

It starts at 24:34, and ends at 33:19. Or you can go to the description and click on Cowboys are directionless.

This guy is biased.

Think about it. A team that has OWNED, and I don't use all caps lightly, you for the past several seasons...

Of course, you're gonna be an uptight, insecure, hater...Still, I enjoy the vast majority of your posts.

Flamma

Reaction score
This guy is biased.

Think about it. A team that has OWNED, and I don't use all caps lightly, you for the past several seasons...

Of course, you're gonna be an uptight, insecure, hater...Still, I enjoy the vast majority of your posts.
Owned who? That guy doesn't have a favorite football team. He's actually said some good things about the Cowboys in the past. I found it interesting to get an opinion from someone on the outside looking in. I think he's right when you look at the Cowboys over the last decade or so. Except I think the Cowboys will be contenders this year. That's not something I say often either. I usually hope they'll be contenders, but this year I think they actually will be.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Owned who? That guy doesn't have a favorite football team. He's actually said some good things about the Cowboys in the past. I found it interesting to get an opinion from someone on the outside looking in. I think he's right when you look at the Cowboys over the last decade or so. Except I think the Cowboys will be contenders this year. That's not something I say often either. I usually hope they'll be contenders, but this year I think they actually will be.
Ah, I just figured he was a Giants fan..

My bad.

I watched the video; just disagree with his take.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not to a fan who has seen it all...and just knows better than give in to doubts. Hey, a Cowboys fan.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ah, I just figured he was a Giants fan..

My bad.

I watched the video; just disagree with his take.
I disagree with his take too. But I can't blame him. The Eagles went from a 9-7 team in 2021 to a SB team in 2022. The Cowboys never seem to dot that. They just plod along never really being bad, but never really being that good either. This is why he has that take.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Training camp is getting ready to start so I’m sure whatever wounds you had after the loss to San Francisco in the playoffs have fully healed. I’m sure you weren’t talking about being all in for the 2023 season immediately after that loss. It seems like at least 80% of this board loses all hope for the team immediately after they get bounced from the playoffs. Some of the postgame threads/posts are pretty hilarious.
Bro. Yes I was. I always am. They are my team. Every year Hope springs eternal. But that's just me

CCBoy

Reaction score
It is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. They very well could have their 3rd year in a row with 12 or more wins and could advance in the playoffs as well.
Time to move on up alongside of Kansas City.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A wild card game win over an 8-9 team. When's the parade? This is what some folks celebrate now, along with regular season beatdowns.

I remember when this franchise was about championships, conference and Super Bowl. You do, too. One of us hasn't lowered his standard.
A team plays who is opposite them that week. Playoffs are earned but each step from that point. No excuses then, unless insulted.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It still is but you haters just enjoy living in misery and whining about everything. Your hate blinds you with what good things have been going on the last 2-3 years. But continue to live in your misery. It makes me happy.
Might be closer to making someone else suffer to ease their own feelings.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I disagree with his take too. But I can't blame him. The Eagles went from a 9-7 team in 2021 to a SB team in 2022. The Cowboys never seem to dot that. They just plod along never really being bad, but never really being that good either. This is why he has that take.
Right.

I see it.

Last year, I just think we had the talent, mostly, but we were one or two players away. I think we got those players in the off-season.

My biggest worry is TE, but I have a feeling Schoonmaker puts that worry to rest early on. And I know some fans are counting out Hendershot, but I wouldn't do it.