Im Already Sick of the 5-11 & Return to the Campo Years Talk

dupree89

Reaction score
I have a new sense of hope. James Dolan of the Knicks is very controlling and similar to Jerry in many ways.
Dolan is pretty much hands off of the NY Rangers, but the Knicks...as soon as things start to go well, he needs to put his slimy paws on the team.

Well...if reports are true, he is about to turn over total control to Phil Jackson.

Could Jerry be next? Maybe? A slight chance?

Falcon554

Reaction score
Just the opposite, in fact. I'm saying that there definitely was a plan in place back in 1989, even though fans couldn't see it.

Just like 2014---I am certain there's a plan in place for this team now. Just because fans can't see it, doesn't mean there isn't one.

After watching this team for the last 20 years you think JJ has ever had a plan? Dear god he lucked into Romo, JJ has never "had a plan" 8-8 is no plan. JJ has never once had a plan that did not come from someone named Jimmy or Bill.

cml750

Reaction score
I agree with the OP
If only fans were more positive, the team would win more games
It is the fan negativity that is holding the team back

I vote for the creation of GROAN (get rid of any negativity) group

What some people call negativity other call it being honest about the situation by putting things in a real perspective. We do not let our love for the Cowboys become rose colored glasses. We simply call things like they are.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I have a new sense of hope. James Dolan of the Knicks is very controlling and similar to Jerry in many ways.
Dolan is pretty much hands off of the NY Rangers, but the Knicks...as soon as things start to go well, he needs to put his slimy paws on the team.

Well...if reports are true, he is about to turn over total control to Phil Jackson.

I say zero chance but it's fun to think he would. He'll be in charge till he's in the grave.

Falcon554

Reaction score

Steven will get control we all know that, is that better? who knows could not be worse

daveferr33

Reaction score
Spags was kinda pissed during the whole show, he certainly acted like he thought it was a mistake to cut Ware

First time I can remember he was not waving the Pom Poms for a move the team did

It was the right move. Boy, that guy can't get anything right. Cheers and fluffs all the bad moves and then pans the one right move this organization was forced into.

cml750

Reaction score
I agree with the OP
If only fans were more positive, the team would win more games
It is the fan negativity that is holding the team back

I vote for the creation of GROAN (get rid of any negativity) group

What some people call negativity other call it being honest about the situation by putting things in a real perspective. We do not let our love for the Cowboys become rose colored glasses. We simply call things like they are.

I apologize I did not get the sarcasm in your post at first. I had just woke up and had not had my morning caffeine.

cml750

Reaction score
Steven will get control we all know that, is that better? who knows could not be worse

The Lakers are sure worse of now that Buss Jr. is in control. Although I have to admit it would be really hard for Stephen to be worse than Jerry. If he would just hire a real GM and a real coach we would be set.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Other young guys are DeMarco Murray, Terrance Williams, Bruce Carter, Dan Bailey, Barry Church, and Tyrone Crawford. And let's not give up on Morris Claiborne and Gavin Escobar just yet.

If you want to be excited about those guys, then I envy you. Williams is about the only guy I'm excited about.

I don't know if Murray gets a second contract in 2015.
I think Bruce Carter will be a wasted 2nd round pick come 2015 when he's a FA also
Tyrone Crawford is all potential right now, we’ve never seen him play in the scheme.

Barry Church is serviceable

Dan Bailey is a freaking kicker, though I love him.

It’s too early to judge Escobar as it is too early to really have something to be excited about.

And Mo’ Claiborne has been a bust so far. Not giving up on either player, but I really can’t be excited about them.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Or maybe you should put everyone who doesn't feel the same way that you do on Ignore?

Then you can filter and censor the place to be just the way you want it?

It just seemed like a logical sensible solution.
Do you have a better one? No some lame boycott rooted in delusional fantasy isn't better.
This is it. It's the team. It is the owner etc. Live with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It just seemed like a logical sensible solution.
Do you have a better one? No some lame boycott rooted in delusional fantasy isn't better.
This is it. It's the team. It is the owner etc. Live with it.

Seems to me that you're the person who can't handle someone not feeling the same way that you do.

You're the one trying to weed out anyone not pumping sunshine by telling them to go elsewhere.

'Live with it"?

Maybe you need to practice what you're preaching?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's curious to say the least.

The mods handle moving threads. And it's generally not recommended to question the forum moderation publicly. You guys know better than that, and you know why it's important.

dupree89

Reaction score
The mods handle moving threads. And it's generally not recommended to question the forum moderation publicly. You guys know better than that, and you know why it's important.

I think the mods on this website are the greatest people that have ever walked on earth!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sorry, wasn't trying to question the mods. I just thought that the thread belonged elsewhere.

You guys have a thankless job and overall I'm very appreciative of the efforts.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

and because someone loves the cowboys, they're suddenly incapable of doing the same. if you want respect for your opinion, you give it to others.

period.

rpntex

Reaction score
After watching this team for the last 20 years you think JJ has ever had a plan? Dear god he lucked into Romo, JJ has never "had a plan" 8-8 is no plan. JJ has never once had a plan that did not come from someone named Jimmy or Bill.

I said there was a plan. I never said it was Jerry's. I believe it's either Jason's, or a shared plan that includes Jason, Jerry, Stephen, etc.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

No way Phil comes to Dallas...