Im Already Sick of the 5-11 & Return to the Campo Years Talk

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I really don't care to go 8-8 anymore, I'd rather 0-16 and the number 1 draft pick. Money is so evil. And Jones' love for money shows pure evil, IMO. What else does a billionaire want financially that he doesn't already have? His little adolescent brain can't seem to get enough money. Money gave him everything, excluding looks. But with money, who needs looks. His love for money will not allow him to blow this thing up and get real football minds in here. This regime of Garrett & Jones will go down as one of the most miserable tenures in Cowboys history. It must be nice to play God and sit on your little thrown and just pee all over the fans, and all we can say is, give us more.

Letting one of our greats go because of your ineptness, is inexcusable. There's a thing called loyalty and just flat out doing the right thing. But Jones has no dignity, and people who defend him deserve him. To me, you allow Ware & Witten to retire cowboys, and you do what you have to do to make that happen.

Show me how many titles you've collected by cutting all the guys you've cut in the last 8 years? Because cutting guys to save money doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender. If you want to rescue your team, try hiring an actual coach. Try drafting a real QB, try hiring a REAL GM. Cutting Cowboy greats won't get you your title. Defense or no defense, this is a sad team that will stay right at the mediocre to just barely make the playoffs enough to get bounced in the first round, and give naive fans a reason to think they are better. People will say, greats get cut all the time, look at Montana. Last I checked, they had someone in place for Montana, not to mention, those people knew what they were doing. Jones has the football IQ of a woodpecker, and he has the nerves to think he's on his way? hahahahahaha

I wouldn't be so upset at this if we actually had someone that knew what they were doing. Yeah, the money does work. So now what? This is the part where your ineptness comes in. So far, I'm not impressed. And personally, I don't care whom you draft because even if you got lucky in the 1st round and found a gem, you'll back it up by bombing in the rest of the rounds. So we'll end up with a great pass rusher, like we had, and nothing else. Same position.

But by all means OP, enjoy yourself. I've seen your types of posts for 5 years now. And I laugh at your type every year, and I'm laughing at you now.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's pure BS. when the Walker trade went down, Cowboy Nation went full-scale meltdown. He wad this team's only bonafide player of note, and the fans had very little cognizance of any kind of plan.

So how was it anything alike other than fan reaction? One case, it was a brand new coach with a brand new owner, coming off a 3-13 season previously, following the trail of one of the greatest coaches in NFL history to a guy, whose been HC three years, coaching here as part time HC essentially for another four, been shuffling our DC during this same time span, bringing in OL coaches with different schemes, changing RB coaches, demoting that same OC-HC and make him train on defense.. Oh yeah, now we are on our third passing game coordinator in three years...

Are you saying because fan reaction was hasty in one context it's not justified in another?

rpntex

Reaction score
So how was it anything alike other than fan reaction? One case, it was a brand new coach with a brand new owner, coming off a 3-13 season previously, following the trail of one of the greatest coaches in NFL history to a guy, whose been HC three years, coaching here as part time HC essentially for another four, been shuffling our DC during this same time span, bringing in OL coaches with different schemes, changing RB coaches, demoting that same OC-HC and make him train on defense.. Oh yeah, now we are on our third passing game coordinator in three years...

Are you saying because fan reaction was hasty in one context it's not justified in another?

Just the opposite, in fact. I'm saying that there definitely was a plan in place back in 1989, even though fans couldn't see it.

Just like 2014---I am certain there's a plan in place for this team now. Just because fans can't see it, doesn't mean there isn't one.

visionary

Reaction score
I agree with the OP
If only fans were more positive, the team would win more games
It is the fan negativity that is holding the team back

I vote for the creation of GROAN (get rid of any negativity) group

visionary

Reaction score
Just the opposite, in fact. I'm saying that there definitely was a plan in place back in 1989, even though fans couldn't see it.

Just like 2014---I am certain there's a plan in place for this team now. Just because fans can't see it, doesn't mean there isn't one.

So because this team had a plan 25 years back we should believe in them now?

Were there plans in the intervening 25 years ? Was there a plan in 2013, 2011, 2011 ? How did they work out?

lostar2009

Reaction score
The 5-11 Campo years featured solid defense and laughable quarterback play.

The 8-8 Garrett years feature solid quarterback play and laughable defense.

I dunno looking back , Campo was a decent HC at that time. Dealing with JJ, his draft, and 0 offense??? 5-11 seem ok, 3 wins shy from this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't there a special zone for these types of rants?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Tony Romo's back.

With the defense we have, If he gets inured, has to play hurt or plays protecting his back all season I think we could see 5-11 easily.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Given the personnel on offense and the influx of new drafted talent, I would normally agree that "ANY improvement" from the statistically worst defense in Cowboys history should see an improvement in W/L record of a game or 2- except this year, with this schedule. I'm not conceding anything- but you have to wonder if this defense could actually be WORSE than last year's injury riddled and depth challenged unit...

If we keep playing a ton of zone defense against elite QB's like we did last year we will just continue to get shredded.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I agree with the OP
If only fans were more positive, the team would win more games
It is the fan negativity that is holding the team back

I vote for the creation of GROAN (get rid of any negativity) group
What are you talking about? This is a blog ppl will express their feelings. Does it reflect the whole fan base?To a degree yes.But we are not in the longer room being negative to players. If anything we keep the Cowboys relevant with high tv ratings, purcahse of expensive game tickets etc... If anything JJ needs to either put his feeling aside and run this team or find someone who can.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We were 8-8 last year. If we go 5-11 thats a 3 game difference. What have we lost that will make us 3 games worse? Ware's 6 sacks? Hatcher - is he worth 3 wins?

Have you looked at the schedule for this year? It's tough to say the least. We have maybe the worst secondary in the NFL. Our best defensive player is too small and thus injury prone. Our other LB Carter regressed last year. There's no one of note playing on the DL. We'll be relying on draft picks and cast offs mostly. The offense is going to have to out score teams. That leads to taking lots of risks and exposing the QB to more injuries. Considering all that, I feel 8-8 is very optimistic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
its like 3 days into Free Agency and the fickle Cowboys fans are claiming doom and gloom.....Jerry hasn't mortgaged the future for some old superstar to make the fans happy........be patient....the future will be bright young jedi's.....have faith...its called rebuilding

Many fans on this board were to young to see Troy Aikman throw a TD....or even watched the horrid days Dave Campo ERA on TV.....

Son, you watch the Cowboys for 49 years like I have and you can't be optimistic as long as Jerry continues to run the team as he has in the past.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Once Seattle gets a hold of this team next season is when all the Sunshine pumping will stop around here. This team has a long way to go before they can fix that defense. One draft will not plug every hole.

Will you please start posting on The Seahawks message board?
Thank!:D

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Okay, let me give this a

Were there plans in the intervening 25 years ? Was there a plan in 2013, 2011, 2011 ? How did they work out?

You're right. Nothing will change. There will never be a plan with Jerry etc. Etc. You should probably root for a different team until then.

Falcon554

Reaction score
Other young guys are DeMarco Murray, Terrance Williams, Bruce Carter, Dan Bailey, Barry Church, and Tyrone Crawford. And let's not give up on Morris Claiborne and Gavin Escobar just yet.

Bruce Carter? really? rofl!!!!!!! and Crawford? really? rofl

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right. Nothing will change. There will never be a plan with Jerry etc. Etc. You should probably root for a different team until then.

Or maybe you should put everyone who doesn't feel the same way that you do on Ignore?

Then you can filter and censor the place to be just the way you want it?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
to win and compete in the nfl In the playoffs you have to have a good defense and can run the ball really well you have to have a coach that understands how to win in the playoffs we have none of that all they want to do is pass all the time they don't know when to run the ball how to hold a lead can you see this team playing niner seahawks at home and rams and cardinals and saints and bears and beating any of those teams.

Refreshing to see another fan understand how to win in the NFL.

cml750

Reaction score
I really don't care to go 8-8 anymore, I'd rather 0-16 and the number 1 draft pick. Money is so evil. And Jones' love for money shows pure evil, IMO. What else does a billionaire want financially that he doesn't already have? His little adolescent brain can't seem to get enough money. Money gave him everything, excluding looks. But with money, who needs looks. His love for money will not allow him to blow this thing up and get real football minds in here. This regime of Garrett & Jones will go down as one of the most miserable tenures in Cowboys history. It must be nice to play God and sit on your little thrown and just pee all over the fans, and all we can say is, give us more.

Letting one of our greats go because of your ineptness, is inexcusable. There's a thing called loyalty and just flat out doing the right thing. But Jones has no dignity, and people who defend him deserve him. To me, you allow Ware & Witten to retire cowboys, and you do what you have to do to make that happen.

Show me how many titles you've collected by cutting all the guys you've cut in the last 8 years? Because cutting guys to save money doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender. If you want to rescue your team, try hiring an actual coach. Try drafting a real QB, try hiring a REAL GM. Cutting Cowboy greats won't get you your title. Defense or no defense, this is a sad team that will stay right at the mediocre to just barely make the playoffs enough to get bounced in the first round, and give naive fans a reason to think they are better. People will say, greats get cut all the time, look at Montana. Last I checked, they had someone in place for Montana, not to mention, those people knew what they were doing. Jones has the football IQ of a woodpecker, and he has the nerves to think he's on his way? hahahahahaha

I wouldn't be so upset at this if we actually had someone that knew what they were doing. Yeah, the money does work. So now what? This is the part where your ineptness comes in. So far, I'm not impressed. And personally, I don't care whom you draft because even if you got lucky in the 1st round and found a gem, you'll back it up by bombing in the rest of the rounds. So we'll end up with a great pass rusher, like we had, and nothing else. Same position.

But by all means OP, enjoy yourself. I've seen your types of posts for 5 years now. And I laugh at your type every year, and I'm laughing at you now.

Great post!!! I agree with you to some extent on almost everything but the "real" QB part. You are 100% correct on hiring a real coach and GM. I know you lost faith in Romo but I personally have not considered him a problem (although his injury could be a real problem given we have so much money tied up in him).

BTW- I am not trying to start a Romo debate rather just pointing out one of the few places I disagree with your post.