I'm loving this offseason

Xizor

Reaction score
While I don't completely agree, spending money on aging free agents is always a gamble. Eagles with Barkley might be improved or it might be a repeat of their Demarco Murray signing. I much rather take chances on younger players.

Creeper

Reaction score
These posts look great - until the season begins and we get off to a 0-3 start. Then 2-7, then 6-11. Then the fingers will be pointed all over Texas. It's Dak's fault. It's McCarthy. It's Jerry, it's the fans, or whoever. The expectation is we need to get rid of everyone, but we also need to rebuild in 3 months, because no one likes losing. Wait until we get blown out by the Lions, Eagles and 49ers. You will see no posts about a rebuilding year. I will be Dak sucks. Trade Micah. Etc.

The draft? The draft is as much luck as anything else. Either the guy you want/need falls to you or you take a guy maybe you didn't want as much. You have no idea who other teams will take, or who made trade up in front of you. The two best players on the Cowboys, CeeDee and Micah, miraculously fell to us. It was luck. Otherwise what would we have on the roster? Going into the draft with huge holes in the roster never ends well.

But, don't worry, I mocked out this draft on a simulator 42 times and once I drafted 7 starters that will take us over the top, including a stud DT in the 7th round! I apologize for the sarcasm but what is happening now is not an intentional rebuild. It is not a plan. It is the result of grossly incompetent management that refuses to use everything at their disposal to build a team. They play with one hand tied behind their backs and when the time comes we blame the only good players left on the team for the losses. 31 other teams use free agency to their advantage. The Cowboys refuse. They know the fans are getting frustrated especially after Jerry made the stupid "all in" remark. So now they are gaslighting us claiming it's the CAP when we all know they could create space with a few extensions. The point is, why? They are not going to use the money to sign anyone that can help this team anyway. You heard Stephen. They are waiting for other teams to throw out their scraps. They have not freed up CAP space because they have no intention of using it. These clowns are not retooling because they don't think this team can win. They are retooling because it is their philosophy to pay for cheap players hoping lightning strikes.

Look at the New Orleans Saints. Not saying I love their free agency moves, but they were a small country's GDP over the CAP at the end of 2023. They now have $18 million in CAP space and have signed multiple free agents. This isn't new for Dallas either. We see it every off-season, only this year they are even less active.

And I am not suggesting the Cowboys should go on a spending spree and sign a dozen free agents like Washington, Philly or the Patriots. The Cowboys had two issues to resolve, but even addressing one, stopping the run would make them a much better team. Instead, the want us to believe just signing a new DC is going to make all the difference even after they let all their player go in free agency while signing no one to replace them. Signing just 2 quality free agents would make a big difference.

And keep in mind, if they wanted to blow up this team then the guy they would start with is Dak.

Big_D

Reaction score
Do people think they'll be right back to winning next year? LOL No one know's what's happening. Just a team twisting in the wind. Now the front office has a plan when they never actually had one before? They'll free up money just to start locking up their own players again? This is Jerry and Stephen we're talking about. Nothing really exciting about what's happening right now. They painted themselves into a corner and now look as clueless as ever. But sure.. it's great!

raven55

Reaction score
6 WINS will be generous this season, also who in the world trades a 4th pick in the draft to and enemy team that stomped your *** in every playoff game has that senile old fool when the way of his kissing cousin al davis it's just mind blowing how stupid this FO is in all there decisions. but i don't care because I'm going to set this season out and watch scooter magauter and his antic's they make more sense

chuck520

Reaction score
This is not going to be a long-winded post. I’m gonna get right to the point.

I never believed in this group whatsoever.

You go down 27-0 At halftime to the Green Bay Packers a team that lost to Tommy DeVito two weeks prior - You do not deserve a rerun you do not deserve a second and third shot.
You do not deserve to have players added Onto the pack of losers that went out there and stained the Star.

Tyron Smith had to go - Neville Gallimore stunk - Tony Pollard didn’t break a run all season and you never give a running back a second contract - Gallup awful … Biadaz Way overmatched - Armstrong inconsistent.
Fowler Jr I liked but he’s aged too.

I won’t miss one stiff

I hope Gilmore is gone as well - washed.

Rico great resigning - Now go get me a center in RD 1 or trade down - draft a tackle - RB - LB - WR.

Pick up a couple smart free agent signings on the cheap —- And see what happens.

Stop complaining, and crying about moves and no moves. This is exactly what has needed to happen to this franchise for over a decade.

I would love to see an offense of line next year that has Hoffman and or TJ Bass with Jackson Powers Johnson up the shoot with Ferguson and Schoonmaker ( I think he can play ) on the outside.

I’m going with the belief that Jimmy set Jerry straight here.

In any event - planned of Jerry stupidity - this is where we belong.
Our team is falling apart you are one of those blow it up fans.

chuck520

Reaction score
Do people think they'll be right back to winning next year? LOL No one know's what's happening. Just a team twisting in the wind. Now the front office has a plan when they never actually had one before? They'll free up money just to start locking up their own players again? This is Jerry and Stephen we're talking about. Nothing really exciting about what's happening right now. They painted themselves into a corner and now look as clueless as ever. But sure.. it's great!
Jerry and Stephen are great GM's for opposing teams. Must be Jimmys revenge for getting fired years ago.

bewp7

Reaction score
I have been disgusted with Jerry for years but I would never wish for this.
i hear u but it would be for the good in the long run

i do not see any other way for jerry and stephen to see their way does not work and is wrong

they need a big wake up….a 0-17 wake up

winning 8-9 game or losing in the 1st rd is not waking them up

chuck520

Reaction score
i hear u but it would be for the good in the long run

i do not see any other way for jerry and stephen to see their way does not work and is wrong

they need a big wake up….a 0-17 wake up

winning 8-9 game or losing in the 1st rd is not waking them up
They are never going to see their way does not work so hoping the stinks for them to fix things is a waste of time

Toro9

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big fan but I didn't know Gilmore was washed. Thanks for the info.