I'm Moving On to Next Year

john

Reaction score
So I've come to grips with reality. It makes you feel better when you go ahead and make the decision to do that. Change will take place and that is refreshing. At least that is what we can only hope for at this time.

So we use a very high draft pick on one of the best young arms in college, and we spend a very high second rd pick on a very good WR. The QB is a must but the 2nd rd can go in many directions.

So also assuming that there will be a new Head coach and staff.

So at this point I do want to see them win, but also its not going to destroy me knowing we're moving in the direction of actually doing something to improve. Stephen and Jerry will be forced to change.

cern

Reaction score
i'll just change teams. rams very attractive as a fav of mine. too many asteroids out there. next year isn't guaranteed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The season was pretty much doomed in January when Jerry made the decision to keep Garrett around. We'll see if there is any hope in the next 4 months that 2019 won't be ruined with Garrett, too.

I'm a proponent of changing coaches, but in fairness, the decision was made to keep Garrett around in 2014 and 2016 and those seasons weren't doomed.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The season was pretty much doomed in January when Jerry made the decision to keep Garrett around. We'll see if there is any hope in the next 4 months that 2019 won't be ruined with Garrett, too.

This thread was doomed the second people thought that another Garrett bashing post would be a contribution.

foofighters

Reaction score
So I've come to grips with reality. It makes you feel better when you go ahead and make the decision to do that. Change will take place and that is refreshing. At least that is what we can only hope for at this time.

So we use a very high draft pick on one of the best young arms in college, and we spend a very high second rd pick on a very good WR. The QB is a must but the 2nd rd can go in many directions.

So at this point I do want to see them win, but also its not going to destroy me knowing we're moving in the direction of actually doing something to improve. Stephen and Jerry will be forced to change.
Nothing is going to change next year. We may add a few key players and that may get us to another 13-3 season where we go 1 and out in the playoffs but that'll be it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It’s a lot easier to quit than trying to forge ahead. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i'll just change teams. rams very attractive as a fav of mine. too many asteroids out there. next year isn't guaranteed.

Wish I had that option, but I'm too old to start loving a new team. And if I did and the Cowboys ever got back to being a SB winner, I'd not be able to come back, couldn't stand being essentially a "bandwagon" fan....

CWR

Reaction score

No you wont. Youre better than that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm a proponent of changing coaches, but in fairness, the decision was made to keep Garrett around in 2014 and 2016 and those seasons weren't doomed.
Yeah, we exceeded expectations both years. I'll give him credit for that. Both years came out of nowhere. We can't sustain it at all, but I'll give him credit for that.

I'll still have no confidence next year with this guy and just hope another good year comes out of nowhere again.

cern

Reaction score
Fair weather fandom rears its ugly head once again. People who yearn for high draft picks and root for losses have no business here.
fairy tales begin in despair. but in the end, they all live happily ever after.

Jipper

Reaction score
3 games in with a two game setup to get to 3 and 2...id wait around or you might miss somethi g good