I'm Moving On to Next Year

cern

Reaction score
No you wont. Youre better than that.
I love good football. the last 23 years hasn't provided much for the local team. perhaps for the younger among you that have only had to endure 10-15 years of repeated failures, you're not ready to throw in the towel. but I don't know how much more I can endure.

Reactions: CWR

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
i'll just change teams. rams very attractive as a fav of mine. too many asteroids out there. next year isn't guaranteed.

I assume this is just a little joke. But the scary thing (especially for Jerry) huge numbers have been driven away from the Cowboys. Jerry's failure to offer a good product on the field is costing the most popular sports franchise in the world its fan base.

Don't be surprised that a lot of young fans have already moved away from the Cowboys. If we bring 100 people from space and let them watch the NFL the last 20 years, I guarantee you Dallas will be in the bottom 5.

Jerry's approach to keep the team relevant through controversies and tabloid headlines, pole dancers, might have caught the eyes early, but unless you have the main product on the field, no one is going to hang out.

Check the value of the Patriots 20 years ago and where they ranked. i remember early 2000s, the top 5 were Dallas, WAS ,Pitt, NYG. I don't even remember where NEP were. Now they are SECOND .. and they don't have pole dancers, or glamorous cheerleaders, or noisy owner.

I am sure many of us ran into many who asked "Why are you cheering for the Cowboys? They never win, they are boring".. I did

:cool:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, we exceeded expectations both years. I'll give him credit for that. Both years came out of nowhere. We can't sustain it at all, but I'll give him credit for that.

I'll still have no confidence next year with this guy and just hope another good year comes out of nowhere again.

The ups and downs - the roller coaster - is really why I advocate change. Somehow a coach has to find a way to put out a consistently good product. Obviously it's not all on him - the GM/Owner has to help - and there was some bad luck with Romo injuries, but that doesn't explain away 8 years with only a couple of strong years.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm a proponent of changing coaches, but in fairness, the decision was made to keep Garrett around in 2014 and 2016 and those seasons weren't doomed.

Look at the records in 2012 and 2015 - 8-8 and 4-12. When the Cowboys get an easier schedule based on a poor prior year's record, Garrett enjoys the benefit of that easier schedule. That's most of the reason for his "good" 2014 and 2016 seasons, with the addition of the NFL rushing champion in 2014 and 2016 playing a big part also. And in my opinion Garrett had little to do with that, the o-lines were good and Linehan was at least smart enough to ride that horse.

Besides, one 10 or more win season has been followed by a less than 10 win season for over 20 years. Being able to take advantage of a weak schedule doesn't indicate to me he has what it takes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the records in 2012 and 2015 - 8-8 and 4-12. When the Cowboys get an easier schedule based on a poor prior year's record, Garrett enjoys the benefit of that easier schedule. That's most of the reason for his "good" 2014 and 2016 seasons, with the addition of the NFL rushing champion in 2014 and 2016 playing a big part also. And in my opinion Garrett had little to do with that, the o-lines were good and Linehan was at least smart enough to ride that horse.

Besides, one 10 or more win season has been followed by a less than 10 win season for over 20 years. Being able to take advantage of a weak schedule doesn't indicate to me he has what it takes.

The post I responded to didn't qualify the comment based on strength of schedule, it was based only on Garrett being the coach. And, in any case, strength of schedule doesn't explain the difference between a 4-12 team and a 13-3 team.

cern

Reaction score
I assume this is just a little joke. But the scary thing (especially for Jerry) huge numbers have been driven away from the Cowboys. Jerry's failure to offer a good product on the field is costing the most popular sports franchise in the world its fan base.

Don't be surprised that a lot of young fans have already moved away from the Cowboys. If we bring 100 people from space and let them watch the NFL the last 20 years, I guarantee you Dallas will be in the bottom 5.

Jerry's approach to keep the team relevant through controversies and tabloid headlines, pole dancers, might have caught the eyes early, but unless you have the main product on the field, no one is going to hang out.

Check the value of the Patriots 20 years ago and where they ranked. i remember early 2000s, the top 5 were Dallas, WAS ,Pitt, NYG. I don't even remember where NEP were. Now they are SECOND .. and they don't have pole dancers, or glamorous cheerleaders, or noisy owner.

I am sure many of us ran into many who asked "Why are you cheering for the Cowboys? They never win, they are boring

your application to join the more astute among us has been granted.
:cool:
LOL What a fan
your application has been denied.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The post I responded to didn't qualify the comment based on strength of schedule, it was based only on Garrett being the coach. And, in any case, strength of schedule doesn't explain the difference between a 4-12 team and a 13-3 team.
Not entirely, as I said having the rushing champion adds to it.

Thing is, Garrett can't string together good seasons, whatever the reason, tired of the roller coaster...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wish I had that option, but I'm too old to start loving a new team. And if I did and the Cowboys ever got back to being a SB winner, I'd not be able to come back, couldn't stand being essentially a "bandwagon" fan....

Yeah, I'll never let go of the Cowboys - they're like an old wife going on 50 years.

But when it comes to football, it's okay to have a young chick (or two) on the side. ;)

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am not even close. Not close to being over. Offseason is way to long to give in after 3 games. And we did manage to win 1 of those.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not entirely, as I said having the rushing champion adds to it.

Thing is, Garrett can't string together good seasons, whatever the reason, tired of the roller coaster...

Agreed. There has to be enough of a foundation that a team doesn't go from highly competitive to near the bottom of the NFL with a couple of injuries. The head coach has to be able to deal with adversity to put out a competitive product even when all things don't fall in place.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Ill always love Dallas but Ive moved on as well.

I have been following the Browns though; this Baker kid is fun to watch.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
i'll just change teams. rams very attractive as a fav of mine. too many asteroids out there. next year isn't guaranteed.

cern are you really turning into a fair weather fan?