I'm sad, they're still my Mom and Dad's Cowboys but I can't buy in at all!

johneric8

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tough to argue that. This is a solid team, but the front office has shown zero desire to be serious about competing for a super bowl in 2024. Typically this time of year I can't get enough Cowboy content, and go back and watch old games from the previous season, but outside of posting on this board I really haven't done too much. I'm actually getting getting my fix from other teams more than anything.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st practice in TC is tomorrow. Things will brighten up. That means regular season is not too far away.
We will get to see the new young players along with the uprising 2nd and 3rd year players. And we will see how the lack of offseason moves in FA was a brilliant move (or non moves) by the FO.
:thumbup:

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Not particularly excited about TC. Not particularly interested in the regular season either. I'll watch games but if I have a "better offer" then...

johneric8

Reaction score
So when they win you will be a fan, when they lose you will not be around?
Nope, even last season I watched because they were my team but I was totally in the thought process of they're gonna lose because that is just what they do.. So no, I never really believed last year because the past has shown the truth until they prove otherwise.. I remember watching the game against the packers just waiting for Dak to choke unfortunately... They let me down way more than I imagined possible... If they win games this year I will enjoy it, but when it matters most I will remain as skeptical as always ..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Strange post with training camp opening today. That usually excites most fans. The team hasn’t even had its first walk-through and you already sound like you’re ready to swan dive off a ledge. lol This is the type of post you see after a rough start to the season or a butt whipping. Cheer up!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a game....is it really worth your time feeling like this?

leeblair

Reaction score

This is the same thing I see on social media.
I don't think Jerry knows how much damage he has done, and I don't think it can be repaired.
I truly believe that the Cowboys are falling and don't yet know how far down they are going.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m a Cowboys fan but also an NFL fan. I’m excited about the start of every training camp and season regardless how I feel about the Cowboys chances. If they stink this season or get bounced early in the playoffs again, I’ll still enjoy watching the other games. Fortunately, I’ve seen the Cowboys win five Super Bowls, one of which I witnessed in person at the Rose Bowl and if they never win another one while I’m still around I can live with it. I’ve become immune to them coming up short every season. Their performance each season has no effect on my life or for my enthusiasm for posting on this board. Some of you take it way too seriously

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the same thing I see on social media.
I don't think Jerry knows how much damage he has done, and I don't think it can be repaired.
I truly believe that the Cowboys are falling and don't yet know how far down they are going.
If the Cowboys win a SB, all the rats who have jumped off the ship will try and crawl back on.

John813

Reaction score
Tough to argue that. This is a solid team, but the front office has shown zero desire to be serious about competing for a super bowl in 2024. Typically this time of year I can't get enough Cowboy content, and go back and watch old games from the previous season, but outside of posting on this board I really haven't done too much. I'm actually getting getting my fix from other teams more than anything.

I could get the building purely behind the draft after a few bad signings for a few years, or during a retool with youth.

But, this team had a solid window with a rookie contract QB, and then 2-3 years of restructuring his big contract and did very little outside of building through the draft. They panic traded for Cooper and that was that for moves that "moved" the needle. Then they traded him 2 years into his extension.

They are repeating it this year, and at this point I don't see it changing in the future.
It will be the final nail in the coffin that they do not GAF about improving the team through FA if they re-sign Dak now, in July/August.

And if that's the case, this is probably the ceiling of success for the Dallas Cowboys. Playoff berth then bounced in WC or divisional.

Yes, I'll still watch, but like you I'm not Cowboys 24/7 like in years past. I log in here due to habit during the offseason.

leeblair

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win a SB, all the rats who have jumped off the ship will try and crawl back on.
If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl (the equivalent of a WWF title nowadays), it will most likely be decided in a board room rather than on a football field based on what certain men believe is in the best interest in the league.