I'm sad, they're still my Mom and Dad's Cowboys but I can't buy in at all!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I seen your "I Quit" post. You came back more delusional than when you left.
Oh he is a fan unending.

We are fans and been there since they were formed by Murchison. We all just kept rooting and supporting, from then on. Fans matter and commitment by players, not money demands by players.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..
exactly how much less do you think they could care? I hear the Jets are a top organization and are doing things the right way. You should go join them and celebrate the great ways in which they now do things.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl (the equivalent of a WWF title nowadays), it will most likely be decided in a board room rather than on a football field based on what certain men believe is in the best interest in the league.
Oh here we go again.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The sooner you come around to realize the NFL is just reality TV the better off you'll be. Entertaining, full of drama, a great distraction, but essentially meaningless in the end.
If the Cowboy shad won the SB last year, my life would have changed exactly NONE!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had won the SB last year, my life would have changed exactly NONE!
Bottom line.....that's true. Same here. Oh sure it'd be exciting at the time, but before long it'd be history and you just have to start over again. It's a distraction and it's fun, but it's still just a game. Some just get way too serious about it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Having gotten through much bleaker seasons than we are recently having, I'm having difficulty relating to how the OP says he's feeling. I'm a diehard Cowboys fan. I have never had a problem getting into a new season, even when the team kept going 5-11. The 1989 season was the worst but the Cowboys were still my team. I think the problem is in the eyes of the beholder.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Having gotten through much bleaker seasons than we are recently having, I'm having difficulty relating to how the OP says he's feeling. I'm a diehard Cowboys fan. I have never had a problem getting into a new season, even when the team kept going 5-11. The 1989 season was the worst but the Cowboys were still my team. I think the problem is in the eyes of the beholder.
I watch every Cowboys game, last year I had no problem getting into every game and rooting for the win. I take 'em 1 game at a time.
The lack of a SB at the end of the season didn't erase the fun of watching the team go 12 & 5. I wish we had more than 17 games, I love all of it. The season goes way too fast and then the long drawn out off season. :(
Of course I'd love to see us win a championship! Absolutely! But why watch all season if the only thing that matters is 1 single game at the end of the year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I watch every Cowboys game, last year I had no problem getting into every game and rooting for the win. I take 'em 1 game at a time.
The lack of a SB at the end of the season didn't erase the fun of watching the team go 12 & 5. I wish we had more than 17 games, I love all of it. The season goes way too fast and then the long drawn out off season. :(
Of course I'd love to see us win a championship! Absolutely! But why watch all season if the only thing that matters is 1 single game at the end of the year.
Wait until you get to high school. You’ll feel differently.

GMO415

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..
I hear ya. I'm an old head now and I'm at the point that I record every game, but I don't rush to watch them. My old man just records them now and if they win, he'll watch the game. He's in his mid 80s. I see my future, if I last that long.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. Being a Cowboys fan is it being part of your life. Not in a win or die meaning, but just part of your life. Free agency, then the draft, then OTA”s and mini-camps and then training camp. All leading up to the ups and downs of the regular season. Planning around games with parties with friends watching the games. Hitting the Sports bars a few games with buddies to watch the games. It’s part of my fabric of life. I’m not going to mope around 24x7 just because times are bad.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:hammer:Exactly!