I'm sad, they're still my Mom and Dad's Cowboys but I can't buy in at all!

johneric8

Reaction score
It's a game....is it really worth your time feeling like this?
I really think you missed my point. I've always gotten excited but because of how these last few seasons have ended and the way Jerry runs things I've lost that loving feeling. The reason I shared this was because I'm saddened that I feel this way quite honestly but I can't get past it... It's not like I'm depressed in life bro, I have an amazing life and family, I'm just finding joy in other things at the moment and very surprised by it in many ways.. I love it that you or other fans have optimism, but after what I've seen the last few decades I'm looking at my boys like a joke.

johneric8

Reaction score
Right, they pop in with the statement, I haven't been here in a while, but I wanted to remind everyone how I haven't been here in a while, and I just wanted to vent and be upset and have a whine post and leave you know a hit and run sympathy post he needs some sympathy man he needs a hug....

Someone finds out if you live close to this guy do a safety check and give this man a hug please...
I honestly think you're way off base here.. I haven't posted because I'm not interested and as we got closer to training camp I realized just how far I've gotten off the train.. If you look at my post, which I know you won't, it's true I haven't been on hardly at all or posted... I was just feeling a bit down that I wasn't interested and wanted to check the pulse of others.. Needing a hug sometimes is a great thing, and being able to accept it is even better, but I can assure you I have better places to get hugs than on the zone...

johneric8

Reaction score
I get it. And I understand how you feel. Glad you are still posting here JonEric.
Thanks brother, I'm actually surprised that a few of the members are nut rolling and calling for a suicide watch.. HA.. I've just been let down so much by how Jerry runs things that my hope in the team is at an all time low... Honestly, when I did pop in to check on news it was very obvious there wasn't much fervor so I thought I would just be preaching to the choir.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Wait until you get to high school. You’ll feel differently.
Hey KC, been there done that a long time ago, unfortunately a very long time ago. Apparently the difference between us is I grew up after that. As much as I would like to see the Cowboys win a championship, I learned a long time ago the sun does not rise and set based on who goes to the Super Bowl. Sorry, but that's just a fact of life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pure speculation. Maybe the wanted to wait out this season before signing Dak? Maybe they see that Lamb, Dak, Parsons all want to set the market...... none of us know. But to think the people up from have no clue is foolish. Running a team takes what... experience? Id say they have penty of that. No GM went to GM university. They are around the game, they learn the game.

My wife is a national direcrtor for a 4 billion dollar packaging business and works from home. Ive been listening to her conference calls and Im lost. Im a teacher and I have ZERO ability to do her job. Just like all of the experts in here that on one hand say our front office is lost and not qualified, right after they give us all the details on what we should do...lol
It’s not like the Cowboys are the only team that has issues with contracts from time to time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks brother, I'm actually surprised that a few of the members are nut rolling and calling for a suicide watch.. HA.. I've just been let down so much by how Jerry runs things that my hope in the team is at an all time low... Honestly, when I did pop in to check on news it was very obvious there wasn't much fervor so I thought I would just be preaching to the choir.
After listening to Jerry today I’m left confused as always. The man speaks in a language that maybe only his family understands. He’s definitely a narcissist about his GM duties but I still respect the guy for what he’s done in life. He’s not a loser.

rambo2

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..
Lol, they have a good team.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..
Pretty much nailed it........
Very apathetic about the season.......

blueblood70

Reaction score
I honestly think you're way off base here.. I haven't posted because I'm not interested and as we got closer to training camp I realized just how far I've gotten off the train.. If you look at my post, which I know you won't, it's true I haven't been on hardly at all or posted... I was just feeling a bit down that I wasn't interested and wanted to check the pulse of others.. Needing a hug sometimes is a great thing, and being able to accept it is even better, but I can assure you I have better places to get hugs than on the zone...
Nope, said what i said believe it let it settle in im not coming over to the edge with you!!! Hit and run complaint department. Hope you feel better:espn::popcorn::facepalm::thumbdown:

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is the least excited I’ve been for a season since the Canpo years. It’s getting harder and harder to buy in to any team run by Jones.
That's the truth. Really nothing to get excited about and nothing to hope for. We have seen what Dak can't do in the playoffs and they weakened the team in the offseason. No real reason for hope

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really think you missed my point. I've always gotten excited but because of how these last few seasons have ended and the way Jerry runs things I've lost that loving feeling. The reason I shared this was because I'm saddened that I feel this way quite honestly but I can't get past it... It's not like I'm depressed in life bro, I have an amazing life and family, I'm just finding joy in other things at the moment and very surprised by it in many ways.. I love it that you or other fans have optimism, but after what I've seen the last few decades I'm looking at my boys like a joke.
Just remember that the guys who are telling you that its just a game and you should not get upset ......... are the same ones who spend days on the same thread and get so angry while defending scumbag Jerry