I'm sad, they're still my Mom and Dad's Cowboys but I can't buy in at all!

blueblood70

Reaction score
No kidding. Some of these folks need to grow a pair. They could be in the Syrian desert. Out on patrol rounds coming from down range.
Right, they pop in with the statement, I haven't been here in a while, but I wanted to remind everyone how I haven't been here in a while, and I just wanted to vent and be upset and have a whine post and leave you know a hit and run sympathy post he needs some sympathy man he needs a hug....

Someone finds out if you live close to this guy do a safety check and give this man a hug please...

silver

Reaction score
What's depressing is that this is clearly a throw away season. Lame duck Coach and QB. No FA reinforcements, no contract extensions. All our "quality" FA's were allowed to walk. Looks like Jones is ready for the '25 season and start the rebuilding process then. Which is why he's not extending anybody this season. Good luck Ceedee but you're not getting a new deal. Same with Micah. Oh well, the other approach never worked either, might aswell go with the "all in" approach as in the "no feast all famine" approach.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cheer up. Look around the league. We could be the Giants.
No kidding. Don’t know if you’ve been watching Hard Knocks Offseason with the Giants. Mara’s just the opposite of Jones. He lets every one else run the team into the ground. The show is very enlightening.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's depressing is that this is clearly a throw away season. Lame duck Coach and QB. No FA reinforcements, no contract extensions. All our "quality" FA's were allowed to walk. Looks like Jones is ready for the '25 season and start the rebuilding process then. Which is why he's not extending anybody this season. Good luck Ceedee but you're not getting a new deal. Same with Micah. Oh well, the other approach never worked either, might aswell go with the "all in" approach as in the "no feast all famine" approach.
Why do fans think it is a wasted season? Just because the HC and QB are in the last year of their contracts.

I mean if one really thinks about it, that does not make any sense.
So every player and coach should get an extension with one year left on their deals?

Then what if they fail from getting better. Fire them or release them then start over? Then be out more money to pay them, or salary cap hit.

silver

Reaction score
No kidding. Don’t know if you’ve been watching Hard Knocks Offseason with the Giants. Mara’s just the opposite of Jones. He lets every one else run the team into the ground. The show is very enlightening.
And they're strapped with Daniel Jones' deal and can't do anything about it.

silver

Reaction score
Why do fans think it is a wasted season? Just because the HC and QB are in the last year of their contracts.

So every player and coach should get an extension with one year left on their deals?

Then what if they fail from getting better. Fire them or release them then start over? Then be out more money to pay them, or salary cap hit.
I'm not saying is the wrong approach. But you have to have a horrible season to be in position to draft the next Micah Parsons or the next Patrick Mahomes.

CWR

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time, been doing life and other things, but one thing I've noticed when I pop in here the pulse of the fans for the most part rings true to what I'm experiencing and feeling.

This organization is even more pathetic than I originally have been thinking. Their actions prove that they could care less about us as fans nor do they care about winning. We seen them get humiliated by the 9ers and now uprising Packers the last few years without resistance. The culture created by Jerry only spawns lazy weak players with the emotional toughness of a 5 year old whom dropped their Ice Cream cone.

I hate that I've lost complete faith in this team, I use to love following the offseason and getting excited over training camp but I feel nothing at this point because I know it's a circus ran by an old inept broken down salesman who is overtaken by greed... I'm a very positive person by nature, always trying to look for the good in people and situations but this Cowboys machine is a complete mess.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent... Much love..
Same brother, I'm typically overly optimistic with the team.

The GB game, combined with a very passive off season and the owner actively trolling us, has changed that. People will say it's about time, and that I was crazy for believing or crediting ownership, and I can't argue. Those superbowls and a good young core bought the Jones boys a lot of leeway with me. How they've handled this offseason, including remarks about dead coaching contracts has made me believe they are far too concerned about cashing in and not concerned enough about winning.

They know they can do just about anything and we'll keep coming back, and that's a problem.

John813

Reaction score
And they're strapped with Daniel Jones' deal and can't do anything about it.

Think they know this is the last year with that awful deal.
His base salary is guaranteed only for this year.
Assume they have the release paperwork already printed and ready to fax to NFL HQ when the season ends lol
Probably will bench him at some point to ensure he's healthy and not pay any injury guarantees for 2025

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No kidding. Some of these folks need to grow a pair. They could be in the Syrian desert. Out on patrol rounds coming from down range.
I find it hilarious that you hypocrites never post this kinda stuff when you spend days defending Jerry and his nonsense on a daily basis.

And I have found that guys that post this kind kinda stuff are usually full of it and have never been anywhere near a battle field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of you aren’t old enough or weren’t even around when it got really bad for the Cowboys. Many are acting like the Cowboys are going through some real horrible times. lol Horrible times are going 3-13 and 1-15. I’ve been through the absolute best of times with the Cowboys and the absolute worst of times with them. Granted it’s been frustrating watching the team go 12-5 three straight seasons, only to be bounced from the playoffs early but they’ve had their chances. At least the last three teams have given us some hope. I would rather have some hope than no hope. I know there’s fans who claim they have no hope now. A lot of fan bases feel the same way about their team.

As frustrating as it’s been the past 2+ decades, the Cowboys have had it much better than some teams. If you can stay in the hunt long enough eventually there’s a chance you’ll break through. Look at the frustration the team and fans went through during the 1960s with the Cowboys. Those teams were always coming up short. But eventually they broke through. However, it’s a lot tougher now with longer seasons, and a salary cap. It’s hard to keep a team together with skyrocketing salaries and a cap. Once the window opens, you better take advantage. That window may have closed for the Cowboys. We’ll be finding out in the coming months.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I find it hilarious that you hypocrites never post this kinda stuff when you spend days defending Jerry and his nonsense on a daily basis.

And I have found that guys that post this kind kinda stuff are usually full of it and have never been anywhere near a battle field.
Stolen Valor is rampant, especially the ones that brag about war.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl (the equivalent of a WWF title nowadays), it will most likely be decided in a board room rather than on a football field based on what certain men believe is in the best interest in the league.
What a silly post ........ just absolutely dumb

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

Many reasons:
Lame duck coach and QB. No FA signings to replace the talent that left. Have not extended other high-value players.
The front office has been MIA for months.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Geez, some of you think we are supposed to live & breathe the team but if someone says they have lost their enthusiasm and need to distance themselves the same people say "you're taking it too seriously". :facepalm:

Unbelievable that anyone would suggest someone be all in yet not take it seriously. Ridiculous reasoning.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The last time I bought in and thought dallas could make a run was 2007. I started to get really negative about the team to the point I didn't even hardly enjoy watching the games. I Stopped being so negative and I just enjoy the season as much as I can now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
For anyone that remembers the Landry and Johnson days, these haven't been our Cowboys in years. And it isn't going to get better as long as Jerry is in charge. Doubt it will improve with Stephen. They do not not know how to run a championship franchise.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Geez, some of you think we are supposed to live & breathe the team but if someone says they have lost their enthusiasm and need to distance themselves the same people say "you're taking it too seriously". :facepalm:

Unbelievable that anyone would suggest someone be all in yet not take it seriously. Ridiculous reasoning.
Great post